Fishing in SoTo - What a disaster (my experience) [merged]

Tjalzor.2135

1 hour ago, Ashantara.8731 said:

.S. "Cats"? 😄

In my country:  Wild cats once gathered in rather large groups, perhaps also to protect themselves and hunt better. So when a group was made up of only four specimens, it was a bit sparse. This is why today, when there are only a few of us, we think we are four cats!

• Haha 1
  • Confused 3

2 minutes ago, TheNurgle.4825 said:

Interesting to read. I like that fishing was fun when I made profit and now it is not fun since no or lower profit. You know what that mean. It was never fun. You did it for money.

It's not just an economic discussion: I said it was fun but it's logical that it was also done for an economic discussion as all the GW2 content always has an economic impact in whatever you do. Raids give you money, strikes give you money, famring is done for resources and money, dailies are for content and money, name me some gw2 content that doesn't have a financial reward

• Confused 3

4 minutes ago, Kranlor Greyhelm.8417 said:

Rifts and convergences. Or at least so little reward that it barely notices.

hahaha 
I see you're missing the details
I'm talking about content where you have to spend many hours doing something repetitive beyond belief, why shouldn't there also be an economic discussion? Let's make more constructive answers and do you want to just argue about everything like a keyboard lion?

• Confused 3

11 minutes ago, Flagello.2374 said:

It's not just an economic discussion: I said it was fun but it's logical that it was also done for an economic discussion as all the GW2 content always has an economic impact in whatever you do. Raids give you money, strikes give you money, famring is done for resources and money, dailies are for content and money, name me some gw2 content that doesn't have a financial reward

This is actually issue. You do not play game. You actually work to make more "gold". If fishing was fun, then you would do it with other ppl even without any profit. I played several MMOs oever past 20 years and it was always about ppl just playing the game. Rewards were something extra. 

• Like 3

24 minutes ago, Flagello.2374 said:

Jumping puzzles and daily activities (unless you consider 600 karma and 3.5 silver a fair financial reward for spending 6 minutes to protect a karka egg from other players jumping on you)

• Like 1

• Forum Moderator.3419 changed the title to Fishing in SoTo - What a disaster (my experience) [merged]

i don't know Why my post was merged, i don't talk how fishing in soto, I talk about how fishing was in all the game and all expansion.

Want to talk of real problem?? I start First

1)Why does power fishing have to expire 5 minutes before food expires? My food lasts 30 minutes why does the fishing power have to last 25? But I am buying and paying for food that lasts 30 minutes.
2)If I run out of bait or lures and I have to go to the merchant, Why do I have to lose the 99 fishing stack, a stack that if I fish alone will take me some time to redo?

3) why if I draw in a map like crystal oasys do I have to lose the 99 stacks on reset?
4)Isn't it better to introduce a food that directly gives the 99 stacks since everything is done to stop people from grouping together for this activity anymore?
5)Why do I have to be attacked by mobs on my boat and have a constant disturbance given the high respawn time of the mobs?

I could list an endless series of fishing problems, problems that they don't want to be solved?

Edited by Flagello.2374
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 3

• 2 weeks later...
3 hours ago, FortnitemareCourt.8354 said:

Why does inner Nayos fishing suck SO VERY MUCH?  The one fish I lack is the "common" fish. How the heck so I have multiple of every other fish yet the so called common fish is no where to be found?  I generally like fishing, but I am getting fed up with this fish.

Fish outside the fishing holes and make sure you are as close to the recommended power as possible. Too high and you'll keep getting the ascended fish.

• 2 weeks later...

Fishing: a noobs experience.........I am in mori plaza, fishing off the docks. The fish are coming in and well I am looking at this with a lot of apprehension. Chances are, I will fish, get little reward and watch as things get dreadfully more difficult as  I seek out different types of fish. Judging by these comments, I am not wrong. There is a real apprehension when choosing masteries with a new mechanic like this. Will it be worth the effort? Will it be fun? It seems once again Arenanet has missed the goldilocks zone of game balance. Difficulty vs Fun. As I read these comments they seem to confirm my fears that this is wasted programming. Backed by the fact I never see players fishing, I expect once I get my albino fish, I am done with the fishing. If some relatively reasonable gold/fishing comes up, or item achievement outside of the one I am going for, then I may change my mind, but I doubt it.  Just like crafting, the allure wasn't there to reel me into this game aspect. I want my dichotomy sword, and I am out. I am getting more and more to the point with this game, that I value enjoyment and reward over challenge and difficulty. Life is hard enough right now and fishing is supposed to be relaxing.

• Confused 2
  • Sad 1

• 4 months later...

With the jerky (almost mandatory though!) it was not that bad. Did this in one day/night cycle even waiting in between. Most fish appeared immediately. Some locations were a bit more annoying than others. (With a bit mobs there.) But even in the ones with few fishing holes of that type available ... I quickly got the fish I needed. Seems to prefer the ones specific to that hole. And with the jerky stacking to 99 the legendary also was possible to be obtained in a reasonable amount of time.

Don't really need any more of this though. This and the shrine guardians starts to feel old. More mini dungeons or mini JPs in the future - would be preferred.

• 3 weeks later...

Golden Darago makes me want to quit this game!!!

Why is Arenanet making this so hard??? I have been trying to get this fish since the first week SOTO came out. I haven't even tried to get the others finished up. Maybe they have not noticed that games are to be fun and if they thing making GW3 will solve the problem do they really think we will go buy another game that they make as difficult as possible to play? This is not an exam we must past the test this is to be a fun game and if it can't be I will find another game to spend my money on. Been playing since the original GW!

• Confused 3
  • Sad 1