Rifle update wishlist

WingSwipe.3084

As the title states, what changes would you like to see towards warriors Rifle.

Personally id like the following things to be done.

-Unroot killshot while casting, at least let it move at 75% of your normal speed.
-Make Fierce shot animation faster.
-Make Explosive shell have a small area of effect around the target instead of a cone behind it.
-Make brutal shot fire before the evade, right now its only useful for the evade.
-Bump up the PVE damage to make it a viable ranged option for power warriors.

It just feels like rifle animations could be faster in genereal but that might be too much for pvp/wvw gameplay.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, WingSwipe.3084 said:

Make brutal shot fire before the evade, right now its only useful for the evade.

I dont get why they didnt take the thief's Disabling Shot system, it evades and shoots at the same time.

Bit of a curve ball here, I'd like to see rifle become a shotgun with a mix of slugs and shot.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

DPS issues are obvious and just need some coeff tuning. 

From a gameplay perspective, Rifle seriously suffers from being unable to generate Adrenaline for itself to feed it's burst skill. This is extremely obvious when you try to play it on Berserker and it can't even Gunflame off CD - and being able to spam your Primal Burst off CD is essentially the core gameplay loop of PVE Berserker. 

It's also lacking in the utility/QOL that is expected from Modern builds in 2023. So if I were to make some hopefully easy fixes that don't involve redesigning it:

• Rifle #1: Grant Might to Allies when you strike a vulnerable target.
  • Rifle #2: Generate double Adrenaline when you strike a vulnerable target.
  • Rifle #3: Grants Fury to allies per target struck.
  • Rifle #4: Shoot and roll at the same time like every other skill that does this kind of thing in the game.
  • Rifle #5: Perfect skill would not change.
Edited by Jzaku.9765
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I'd like them to raise Rifle damage by about 30%, except for Fierce Shot (because it's the auto attack) and Kill Shot (just so people don't whine about the so-called-but-actually not one-shot getting stronger).

Put a second stack of Might onto Fierce Shot that doesn't rely on the target being vulnerable.

Volley should be a bit faster.

Brutal Shot should shoot and evade at the same time.

Rifle Butt should have 200 range and 900 knock back.

Kill Shot needs to stop rooting the Warrior.

Edited by Fueki.4753
  • Like 5
  • Confused 1

On 9/22/2023 at 4:33 PM, Lan Deathrider.5910 said:

Brutal shot fired before the evade previously and the evade was useless. For brutal shot the shot itself needs to fire in tandem to the evade or needs a vastly faster cast time than it does now.

It could just be set up as brutal shot having so much recoil that it knocks you inte an evade animation.

Logical and nifty 2 in 1 solution.

5 hours ago, WingSwipe.3084 said:

It could just be set up as brutal shot having so much recoil that it knocks you inte an evade animation.

Logical and nifty 2 in 1 solution.

That is literally what we had before. The attack took so long that you could not use the skill for the evade. What is going on now is that people are canceling their own attack rather than waiting to push a button.

What the skill needs is to not cancel the attack if another skill is used and instead just queue the new skill, or for the attack and evade to happen simultaneously, like every other Attack+Evade ranged weapon skill in the game.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, Lan Deathrider.5910 said:

That is literally what we had before. The attack took so long that you could not use the skill for the evade. What is going on now is that people are canceling their own attack rather than waiting to push a button.

What the skill needs is to not cancel the attack if another skill is used and instead just queue the new skill, or for the attack and evade to happen simultaneously, like every other Attack+Evade ranged weapon skill in the game.

Suppose we can see if they listened to the requests in to upcoming patch. Should be out today.

Im guessing its gonna me a massive round of nerfs profession wide.

11 minutes ago, WingSwipe.3084 said:

Suppose we can see if they listened to the requests in to upcoming patch. Should be out today.

Im guessing its gonna me a massive round of nerfs profession wide.

We'll see. I think relic nerfs are more likely than warrior nerfs directly. Grant it that means that warrior nerfs could still happen.

9 minutes ago, DanAlcedo.3281 said:

Warrior not getting nerfed to today is just as likely as Anet revamping the zhaitan fight. 

They will find something. They always do. 

Nah. How many times have we looked at the balance patch notes over the years and seen neither buff nor nerf to warrior? In all honesty the problems now are pretty much the Weapon Mastery B.S. and relics nothing directly related to anything warrior.

I can see them removing relics from PvP though. They love taking the lazy way out in PvP balancing. 

16 minutes ago, WingSwipe.3084 said:

Was thinking across all professions, heard rumors or people being disgruntled with damage being too high across the board.

And that is because of Weapon Mastery and the new relics.

Scourge is wrecking because it now has access to pistol.

Condi in general is overloaded because of Relic of Akeem, mode independent. 

What warrior rifle? We never had that to begin with.
Remember engi rifle skill that knocked him back and blew target away? That was 100% more warrior than anything in his rifle's kit.

What i want is a complete rehaul, because currently rifle feels like failed physical longbow.
Longbow feels more Rambo than rifle and that's supposed to be the tactical/less brutal option.

I want a proper hellfire belching, grenade launching, shrapnel vomiting burning pipe of death and destruction!
I want warrior with a rifle to be a threat comparable to a native mexican after a bad burrito!

What the deal with the channels and pew-pew skills?
I'm a big kitten tough warrior. My rifle is supposed to be used and abused for high impact, overpowered shots, because I can take the recoil unlike those other wimps.
I want to see enemies get ragdolled like in devil may cry when dante uses his shotgun.
I want to launch a grenade that blows kitten up.
I don't want a poor man's rapid fire (volley shot) i want a powerful, shotun style shots, where i reload after each shot, but each one is FIRE.

What i would absolutely love is some kind of mechanic where i can burst hard at expense of having rifle skills down for it to cooldown.
And some brutal cc in there, physical dominance is what warrior is about.

• Like 1

On 9/26/2023 at 5:41 PM, ZeftheWicked.3076 said:

What warrior rifle? We never had that to begin with.
Remember engi rifle skill that knocked him back and blew target away? That was 100% more warrior than anything in his rifle's kit.

What i want is a complete rehaul, because currently rifle feels like failed physical longbow.
Longbow feels more Rambo than rifle and that's supposed to be the tactical/less brutal option.

I want a proper hellfire belching, grenade launching, shrapnel vomiting burning pipe of death and destruction!
I want warrior with a rifle to be a threat comparable to a native mexican after a bad burrito!

What the deal with the channels and pew-pew skills?
I'm a big kitten tough warrior. My rifle is supposed to be used and abused for high impact, overpowered shots, because I can take the recoil unlike those other wimps.
I want to see enemies get ragdolled like in devil may cry when dante uses his shotgun.
I want to launch a grenade that blows kitten up.
I don't want a poor man's rapid fire (volley shot) i want a powerful, shotun style shots, where i reload after each shot, but each one is FIRE.

What i would absolutely love is some kind of mechanic where i can burst hard at expense of having rifle skills down for it to cooldown.
And some brutal cc in there, physical dominance is what warrior is about.

Using it more as an overloaded blunderbuss, god thats a baller idea.

Rifle being 400 top range with heft attack speed disadvantage but hitting like 8 times in a scattercannon style. The closer you are the harder it hits.

Primal burst being a dragons breath round that applies more stacks of burning the closer you are to the target. Could be a cool condi weapon.

Wouldnt be opposed to walking around with a 4 guage shotgun.

Current rifle desperately needs sustain put in it.

Using skill 4 should also grant superspeed for 5 sec per charge

Using skill 3 should remove a condition, up to 5 for each enemy struck from the skill

Skill 2 should grant might per bullet in the volley, more if the attack pierces, say 1 stack per bullet, per enemy for 8 seconds

The auto needs to become 100% faster in hopes of tagging enemies

Skill 5 needs an aoe attack like a push found in Virt and Deadeye, which will replenish the ammo but also grant stability per foe struck (not break stun) so you can push an enemy, recharge ammo and follow with a killshot/gunflame uninterrupted 

Killshot needs to become like current deadeye kneel

And now you got a weapon with some resemblance of a good kit for a two-hander that fires nothing but projectiles, assuming we dont go around making every skill unblockable