Thief Clusterbomb spam?!

Ovark.2514

This must be the new meta bc I'm seeing it every game. Core or DD thieves forgoing attacking in melee in favor of spamming clusterbomb on everyone. Even in 1v1's. Even against other builds which specialize at ranged attack. The Port-Clusterbomb thing is really annoying to fight against too.

• Like 4
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 8

Its because fireworks relic gives you strike damage and porting onto you is the best way to make sure you eat as many cluster bombs as possible. 

They can do it once every 20ish seconds, just dodge when you see the purple from the daze /fireworks.

Clusterbomb spam, beats me. It hasn't changed beyond the relic stuff.

Edited by Azure The Heartless.3261
  • Like 6
  • Confused 1

2 hours ago, Trevor Boyer.6524 said:

Yeah I don't know what happened, but it feels like Cluster Bomb is dealing literally twice the damage as normal lately.

It like rips 1/3rd your health bar every time it hits unless you're running something very tanky.

2 hours ago, Ovark.2514 said:

This must be the new meta bc I'm seeing it every game. Core or DD thieves forgoing attacking in melee in favor of spamming clusterbomb on everyone. Even in 1v1's. Even against other builds which specialize at ranged attack. The Port-Clusterbomb thing is really annoying to fight against too.

Please go play this  super duper clusterbomb meta thief build before the wahwah. It don't work like you two are describing. The relics may have added some damage, on a 20sec CD, but its literally doing nothing more than it used to. Also, the cast and flow.....how about kiting? You don't get to be "tanky" as a DPS, that's an issue. Both of you tend to play ranger, one plays ele too, and both tend to run one shot builds, please stop.

• Thanks 8
  • Confused 4

4 hours ago, Azure The Heartless.3261 said:

Its because fireworks relic gives you strike damage and porting onto you is the best way to make sure you eat as many cluster bombs as possible. 

They can do it once every 20ish seconds, just dodge when you see the purple from the daze /fireworks.

Clusterbomb spam, beats me. It hasn't changed beyond the relic stuff.

That and more thieves are running Crit Strikes over Shadow Arts now, cause SA is low impact.

I've stated it before, I'll state it again: the problem is daredevil.

Cluster bomb is a skill with a proper role, a proper telegraph, and proper damage coefficients.
It's literally the one and only skill in the thief class that sits in the perfect spot. Don't touch it. If anything I'd go as far as to give thief access to (small) quickness so they can use sb2 to burst down a target.

Edited by Terrorhuz.4695
  • Like 4
  • Confused 4

Bruh it isnt even fireworks, old runes also had damage modifiers of 10% from certain conditions that were met. Now its on stealing. The reason why clusterbomb is doing so much damage is literally from crit strikes trait line. Which if thieves take, they drop their sustain that they used to have from shadow arts. (Which was a lot)

• Like 7

5 hours ago, Terrorhuz.4695 said:

I've stated it before, I'll state it again: the problem is daredevil.

Cluster bomb is a skill with a proper role, a proper telegraph, and proper damage coefficients.
It's literally the one and only skill in the thief class that sits in the perfect spot. Don't touch it. If anything I'd go as far as to give thief access to (small) quickness so they can use sb2 to burst down a target.

Too late, a thief breathed  you know how this goes 💀🍟

2 hours ago, Endorphin.9147 said:

Bruh it isnt even fireworks, old runes also had damage modifiers of 10% from certain conditions that were met. Now its on stealing. The reason why clusterbomb is doing so much damage is literally from crit strikes trait line. Which if thieves take, they drop their sustain that they used to have from shadow arts. (Which was a lot)

Lmao this is even funnier because that means the thieves are playing low stealth spam low dodge, which is what the people who are mad at stealth say they want. 

• Like 2

43 minutes ago, Azure The Heartless.3261 said:

Too late, a thief breathed  you know how this goes 💀🍟

It deals a kittenton of damage and it's so much more effective against mesmer than other classes (mainly because on mesmer landing a skill means something, whereas pretty much all other classes, with barrier\resustain, just don't care). But it's honestly much more balanced than stealth\dodge spam.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Terrorhuz.4695 said:

It deals a kittenton of damage and it's so much more effective against mesmer than other classes (mainly because on mesmer landing a skill means something, whereas pretty much all other classes, with barrier\resustain, just don't care). But it's honestly much more balanced than stealth\dodge spam.

If people are gonna get hit by cluster bomb and be brought to frustration over it, I might as well give them something to be frustrated about 💀

• Like 1

18 hours ago, magickthief.6492 said:

Please go play this  super duper clusterbomb meta thief build before the wahwah. It don't work like you two are describing. The relics may have added some damage, on a 20sec CD, but its literally doing nothing more than it used to. Also, the cast and flow.....how about kiting? You don't get to be "tanky" as a DPS, that's an issue. Both of you tend to play ranger, one plays ele too, and both tend to run one shot builds, please stop.

It does good damage and can be used point blank so, yeah it kinda does work as I'm describing. The thing about kiting cluster bomb is that, it can hit through terrain and is ranged and has an arc. Kinda hard to kite. This thread isn't about saying cluster bomb is OP or anything. Its just different and hard to avoid, which makes fighting thieves more difficult than usual.

Hmm, I think the last time I played ranger or ele in PvP was sometime during PoF. . . . Also, I don't see what 1-shot builds have to do with this conversation. 

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

Just now, Ovark.2514 said:

It does good damage and can be used point blank so, yeah it kinda does work as I'm describing. The thing about kiting cluster bomb is that, it can hit through terrain and is ranged and has an arc. Kinda hard to kite. This thread isn't about saying cluster bomb is OP or anything. Its just different and hard to avoid, which makes fighting thieves more difficult than usual.

Hmm, I think the last time I played ranger or ele in PvP was sometime during PoF. . . . Also, I don't see what 1-shot builds have to do with this conversation. 

I've seen you on your ele within the last season, and recently on Big Toys warrior, that's you? One shots are weaker to thieves in general. That's why what you are playing matters. If a class has reflects, blocks, protection, suddenly those cluster bombs are not chunking 1/3 of the health in a target. Same if they have barrier. I also bring it up, because many of the times I played with and against you in pvp, you are DPS focused. I would do the same tactic if it was working to be honest, but it doesn't do so well against duelist built classes or support eles, or guardians in general with a clue. Necro shroud just shrugs it off. 

The relic boost all the damage for 6 secs or something right? Since clusterbomb hasn't changed in 5 years, I don't see why there is a conversation about it at all.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, magickthief.6492 said:

I've seen you on your ele within the last season, and recently on Big Toys warrior, that's you? One shots are weaker to thieves in general. That's why what you are playing matters. If a class has reflects, blocks, protection, suddenly those cluster bombs are not chunking 1/3 of the health in a target. Same if they have barrier. I also bring it up, because many of the times I played with and against you in pvp, you are DPS focused. I would do the same tactic if it was working to be honest, but it doesn't do so well against duelist built classes or support eles, or guardians in general with a clue. Necro shroud just shrugs it off. 

The relic boost all the damage for 6 secs or something right? Since clusterbomb hasn't changed in 5 years, I don't see why there is a conversation about it at all.

Warrior and Holo are what I play these days, yep. I may have played a single match last season on ele. I was referring to when I was "maining" it in pvp, or at least playing more than like 25% of matches on it.

clusterbomb spam literally existed since launch... why the kitten are you wanting to change it now.... 

the amount of noobs who have zero knowledge in pvp is astounding...

shortbow is thief's bestfriend.. always have been

and clusterbomb...

Edited by Sinister.5792
  • Like 5
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1