Combat Meter 1.2

babana.7521

Please improve the combat meter in game, thank you cos I do not like using third party add on.
option to show: 

boon meter - break down what type of boons 
heal meter - 
Cleanse meter -
Strip meter ; 
damage meter
etc 
aside from using third party thingy, how do I know how much stabs i am giving to my party? 
Ginesthoi! and thank you

EDIT
Please also plaster the stab numbers in bold big font on the screen thank you, so I can actually concentrate on the battle field instead of looking @ party view

Edited by babana.7521
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 2
  • Confused 2

13 hours ago, Gotejjeken.1267 said:

At this point arcdps might as well be officially supported.  

They will never update the ingame combat log for fears of elitism, so you will be waiting long time if not just using arc already.

"oh noes... you know that thing that every single elitist always uses? we don't want to put it in the game by default because elitists might use it" oof...

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

10 minutes ago, RazieL.5684 said:

"oh noes... you know that thing that every single elitist always uses? we don't want to put it in the game by default because elitists might use it" oof...

That's exactly the point--if anet puts meters in the game they are promoting elitism, if they let it fly, they can't help what others are doing with a third party tool.

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

Remember the last time they monetized the kitten out of a a feature that third party addon had, and made it many times less functional? That's how build templates exist in this game. And those addons are forbidden now.

And as we speak, you have a golem in pve (special forces training area) that calculates your dps, but of course that won't for WvW. WvW also has test golems except they don't tell you your dps or anything, and is shared with everyone on the map behind a paywall.

So it would be safe to say if they're willing to sell that kind of half baked garbage, it probably isn't worth the effort. A dps meter is hardly relevant in most content in this game and would be a distraction to most players, and players that care would have gotten arcdps anyways. Nobody needs to know their Tequatal dps, and if you beat someone in  a fight, that seems like feedback enough. I can assure you that approximately 90% of the general pve forum would have a mental breakdown if they really knew how they were doing (source: trust me bro)

And of course, we can't discount the people that are just too stupid to understand numbers in context. (eg, that player does crap dps! It's acutally a healer or something). There are too many people that are so insecure in their own numbers they have to scroll to the bottom and bash those people to feel better about themselves. Which isn't the way to use it btw. Unless you're one of those fake elitists that are marginally above average but want to convince yourself otherwise.

And that's in PvE. WvW has many more variables, and I can tell you that even organized guilds sometimes don't know what they're talking about sometimes when they flame their guildies for underperforming.

It'd be nice to have personal stats, but again, read the above.

Personally, I just use the log. Real-time may help me know if I am accidentially running the wrong build or missing runes or something though but I never saw the point of cluttering the screen up with multiple windows. Heck, I even disable chat/chests in combat.

Well, I suppose one productive aspect would be that players would be inclined to race and thus drive each other to do better. Like that's going to happen.

Edited by ArchonWing.9480

20 minutes ago, Grumpy McGrumps.8504 said:

Yes, exactly?

Constantly looking into the party view, looking for one specific boon (that also changes location constantly, ty Anet), is kinda... distracting? I just want something to log it so I can measure my performance after a fight. Which is exactly what ArcDPS offers.

Edited by ZenDrake.8316

5 hours ago, Gotejjeken.1267 said:

That's exactly the point--if anet puts meters in the game they are promoting elitism, if they let it fly, they can't help what others are doing with a third party tool.

y... you do know there is a golem room in the game that lets you make the perfect environment, including boons, conditions and class buffs of your liking and tells you your dps right? this is by far the most elitist thing i have ever seen in an mmo, you can even put a specific amount of conditions you want to proc specific relics, most just put an immortal target dummy in and that's about it... so wtf are you even talking about?...

5 hours ago, XenesisII.1540 said:

Why would this cheap company create/maintain a dps meter of their own when one is already done for free? 🤔

Well... since they already released a subpar version of an ArcDPS feature, the build template, they might as well continue to butcher this add-on! 😂

33 minutes ago, Zepoolpe.9217 said:

Well... since they already released a subpar version of an ArcDPS feature, the build template, they might as well continue to butcher this add-on! 😂

Eh, that was something everyone in every game mode was asking for, and it's a one and done type of thing.

Ah another disguised "arcdps bad" thread, with a lot of people who obviously have no clue of WHAT arcdps can do for them, their game play or squad.  Only thing they know about is BIG NUMBERS GO UP.

Comes with the territory of calling it a dps meter when in fact it is a combat parser WITH everything that goes into that like far more useful information concerning positioning, boons, corrupts, rotations, etc. but sure, let's focus on the 1 and actually least important thing: damage. Why? because that's what everyone is calling it.

Yes, the game would benefit a lot from actually giving useful information to players easier digestible, given that's the best way to actually improve and correct mistakes. Doubt the developers will go down that route and as mentioned: it might not be the best idea to have them go down that route.

Edited by Cyninja.2954

6 hours ago, XenesisII.1540 said:

Eh, that was something everyone in every game mode was asking for, and it's a one and done type of thing.

Yeah, except that ArcDPS's build template was superior to Anet's in so many ways.
And I'm not talking about free builds slots vs paying slots because the game does not have subscription fees so they have to get their money from somewhere else, but I'm talking about things like if you change something either on the trait/skill side or on the equipment side, its get automatically saved whereas with ArcDPS's you had to save it So if for example you need to change weapon momentarily because you need extra cleanse instead of extra boonrip for a specific fight and then want to switch back, if you are in leggy gear you have to manually reconfigure everything or you have to waste a slot for each potential configuration, and since we have limited slots...
My faith that the current dev team will correctly produce something of significant value is extremely low if existent at all, and that lack of belief has been proven correct by the past few years.

14 minutes ago, Cyninja.2954 said:

Ah another disguised "arcdps bad" thread, with a lot of people who obviously have no clue of WHAT arcdps can do for them, their game play or squad.  Only thing they know about is BIG NUMBERS GO UP.

Comes with the territory of calling it a dps meter when in fact it is a combat parser WITH everything that goes into that like far more useful information concerning positioning, boons, corrupts, rotations, etc. but sure, let's focus on the 1 and actually least important thing: damage. Why? because that's what everyone is calling it.

Yes, the game would benefit a lot from actually giving useful information to players easier digestible, given that's the best way to actually improve and correct mistakes. Doubt the developers will go down that route and as mentioned: it might not be the best idea to have them go down that route.

Cyn, I am not sure I agree. Babana asking for it could also be seen as asking for a similar tool that they can trust more since they don't know how the 3rd party works either. I see your points but I don't think I agree on way that you see their request of an ingame tool versus a third party tool. 2 cents on my part. 

42 minutes ago, TheGrimm.5624 said:

Cyn, I am not sure I agree. Babana asking for it could also be seen as asking for a similar tool that they can trust more since they don't know how the 3rd party works either. I see your points but I don't think I agree on way that you see their request of an ingame tool versus a third party tool. 2 cents on my part. 

True, I was more concerned with the replies he got. I should have been more clear.

22 hours ago, Gotejjeken.1267 said:

Knowing how well you're doing is important to getting better. Before using ArcDPS my opinion of my own contributions in large fights was, frankly, delusional. I would think I was doing huge numbers with 700k-1m damage. ArcDPS showed me I usually contribute 200-300k out of your typical 30v30 clash. It also showed me that some of the skills I was going out of my way to use because they put up bigger flashy numbers were making me less effective overall. I stopped using them and improved as a player. 

Giving players the tools to know how well they're doing will help them become better players. There are always going to be elitists, but that's not a reason to leave players blind to their own shortcomings. 

19 hours ago, RazieL.5684 said:

y... you do know there is a golem room in the game that lets you make the perfect environment, including boons, conditions and class buffs of your liking and tells you your dps right? this is by far the most elitist thing i have ever seen in an mmo, you can even put a specific amount of conditions you want to proc specific relics, most just put an immortal target dummy in and that's about it... so wtf are you even talking about?...

Have you ever used arc? 

The golem room tells jack kitten compared to what you can glean from arcdps lol.  

As already mentioned above, random jackasses misuse arc all the time and blow up the LFG tool with elitism--there's no way anet is going to officially put that in the game.  We have the combat log / various basic squad/party UIs, and if so inclined can go download arc if want more info.  

2 hours ago, Caffynated.5713 said:

Giving players the tools to know how well they're doing will help them become better players. There are always going to be elitists, but that's not a reason to leave players blind to their own shortcomings. 

It's anet though, conflict isn't something they are willing to create even if it's only a minority of players doing it.  Just think of the elitist who use arc now and then multiply that by hundreds if not thousands of players unaware of how or unwilling to download arc.  

I'm just glad they allow arc to begin with as I'm not disagreeing how useful it is.  

Edited by Gotejjeken.1267
  • Confused 1

39 minutes ago, Gotejjeken.1267 said:

The golem room tells jack kitten compared to what you can glean from arcdps lol.  

Not to mention it uses pve stats. Even if it were good, it'd still be useless.

The other thing is it doesn't tell you about boon uptimes, because in pve they are expected to be permanent because of your party.

First they could at least upgrade their UI so we can actually distinguish important information from all the bloated kitten effects this game throws around and alow for a little bit of customization so the info is not scattered all over the screen.

I actually have 110% vision (not kidding, its some kind of metric that goes over 100%, basically whatever the doctor shows me I see immediately) to the point people dont believe me I can see some of the stuff. And its still hard for me to distinguish all the scattered icons on the screen during battle.

And for some reason we have only 3 or 4 ui scaling settings that also affect ALL ui elements. So on my high resolution I can only choose to have huge ui frames that block half of my view to get some decently sized boon icons or acceptable frames with tiny boon icons which on top are all the same color.

Where are the days, 20 years ago, when having the option to customize each element separetly was almost the norm.