Celestial Reminder

senftube.6081

Hot take. 🔥 

If anet removed all boon duration from wvw ( relics runes stats traits) the game will be in a much more healthy state.

Some classes will still have a ton of boons but that can be easily adjusted later.

What do roamers hate? Perma boon cele tanks.

What do zergers hate? Boon blobs.

Just remove boon duration, make the use of boons matter rather than just having them up all the time.

You can still have hybrid builds, you can still have tanky builds.  But having an insane boon uptime when boons are as strong and impactful as they are just makes everything 10000 times worse.

• Like 15
  • Confused 1

6 hours ago, Burnfall.9573 said:

I always love when people upload videos that were taken months ago... like pre SotO. It's almost ancient already. Don't get me wrong, that build is still strong, I don't deny that. But things like the Antitoxin Rune have changed since then and I'm certain he has a much harder time now dealing with condition spam.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Random dude.5089 said:

i never gathered nodes in wvw so i don't know, but maybe thats one of them if you say so lol

Oh man, you're missing out on the leather!

The joke floating around is that the nodes got moved because a dev got pulled off the ledge while gathering.  Pulls nerfed!

Edited by Chaba.5410
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Removing or nerfing the concentration and expertise seems to be the obvious answer, but I say keep that and reduce the vit, toughness, and healing.

The problem with cele in both game modes is not the damage, but rather you keep decent damage while having a ridiculously high floor.  Yes some stats may do more damage, but they become near glass in exchange, with the only real commonly "balanced" stats being marauders and that is nowhere near as tanky as Cele.

You can definitely say some builds utilize Cele better than others, and it's more about obnoxious builds than stats. But some classes simply get enabled more by it no matter what and despite what some people think we should not delete classes from WvW.

The biggest joke is Cele vs dedicated heal stats. Heal stats have always been lackluster to a degree, but they only heal a bit better than Cele and don't do anything else. The biggest crime of Cele is that it essentially murders all niche stats like heal or boon stats simply due to raw stats. Except minstrel maybe lel but that's its own disaster.

It's like I always wondered why people used harriers (power healing concentration) FB  in fractals because it provides marginally more healing and boon duration than Cele but does absolutely no damage. On the other hand if you play Cele you are 1/2 to 2/3 an extra dps serving as a healer and break the pve rule of also being extremely tanky. In a few raids you have the exception of toughness aggro but it doesn't exist anywhere else, making a silly gimmick that can be worked around anyways.

But they don't care. Because that kind of thing will never show up in speedruns, and the average player plays so far from the skill cap that they'd rather just make the floor higher anyways. So top players groups don't notice. And there really is nobody you can really call a "top roamer" and basically nobody cares about small scale  these days.

Honestly think they'd rather remove all stats but Celestial because it makes it easier for them to balance.

So this is why they're never going to balance Cele, in addition to the fact they almost never balance stats to begin with, balance is centered around pve and WvW zergs. Have you seen them play anything else?**

** Actually I saw not one but two Anet employees playing out of a zerg recently. I guess they're not WvW devs but needless to say that was unusual.

Edited by ArchonWing.9480
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 3

On 10/5/2023 at 4:58 PM, Deadhead.6947 said:

Hot take. 🔥 

If anet removed all boon duration from wvw ( relics runes stats traits) the game will be in a much more healthy state.

Some classes will still have a ton of boons but that can be easily adjusted later.

What do roamers hate? Perma boon cele tanks.

What do zergers hate? Boon blobs.

Just remove boon duration, make the use of boons matter rather than just having them up all the time.

You can still have hybrid builds, you can still have tanky builds.  But having an insane boon uptime when boons are as strong and impactful as they are just makes everything 10000 times worse.

Can we just nominate this guy for the lead balancing? I want to try this guys vision for a change instead of whatever we have right now which I am sure the seat is empty.

• Like 2