Thief invisible...

Tanuki.4603

On 11/4/2023 at 5:04 PM, Sleepwalker.1398 said:

Recent vid, first fight shows still can be done.
Also many would argue that Shadow Arts made thief better.
Heal in and out of stealth, super speed in and out of stealth, init in and out of stealth.

Not sure how beating on a bronze invader, aka newb, really validates your point. Go try a diamond mesmer then we can talk. As for making thief better, really? They took away what we had and gave back a lesser version. As well as nerfing stealth ONLY on thief because "it's a source of frustration in wvw and pvp".  If you're so convinced that that is soooo good, I have 100 shiny new pennies that I'll trade you for those 100 crumpled up, old $1 bill you have.

• Like 1

On 11/5/2023 at 5:38 AM, Puck.3697 said:

You want thief completely gutted in spvp for the sake of killing its ability to play WvWvW incorrectly. As it isnt balanced for 1v1s but large scale pvp which its already terrible at? 

Itd be complete garbage in spvp if these nerfs occurred lol. You'd delete the only viable way thief can be played lol. 

The nerfs I mentioned have already happened.

On 11/7/2023 at 8:08 PM, ZeroTheRuler.7415 said:

Not exactly... If a stealth attack actually lands, a "revealed" de-buff is applied on the attacker for at least 3-4 seconds depending on the game mode for competitive modes. You can't instantly stealth right after.

https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Revealed

Also it sounds like you are running a glass build if 5.4k is "a lot". Generally full glass requires a little more skill, especially vs people who sufficiently good at PvP or WvW. I would suggest reading up on classes you have difficulty with in order to improve yourself.

Can you at least properly read what I wrote. I SAID ABSOLUTELY NOTHING ABOUT ATTACKING FROM STEALTH.

I didn't want to yell but now you may actually understand what I wrote. You have miss read more than once now, and I literally spelled each word for you.

My mesmer on Full trailblazers.  Got hit for 5k+ twice in a row.

( You play thief and want to keep stealth in God mode. I understand.  People with medicore skills play the OP crap just to think they have skill).

God mode isn't skill. It is pathetic.

Steal is a,1200 range. It is instantaneous,  therefore NO TELL to say it is coming my way... and PART of the problem is that thief is almost always guaranteed a first hit in every fight. How is that fair? 

Thieves are like the Mutant Wolverine. no talent needed. Wolverine talks tough but when you can't die,  it isn't bravado. It is narcissism with a  high false sense of superiority. 

And you know a class is OP when 7 people are trying to catch it but it gets away because of One Mechanic. (Ie) Stealth

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 6
  • Confused 4
  • Sad 1

2 hours ago, Jitters.9401 said:

Can you at least properly read what I wrote. I SAID ABSOLUTELY NOTHING ABOUT ATTACKING FROM STEALTH.

I didn't want to yell but now you may actually understand what I wrote. You have miss read more than once now, and I literally spelled each word for you.

( You play thief and want to keep stealth in God mode. I understand.  People with medicore skills play the OP crap just to think they have skill).

Steal is a,1200 range. It is instantaneous,  therefore NO TELL to say it is coming my way... and PART of the problem is that thief is almost always guaranteed a first hit in every fight. How is that fair? 

Thieves are like the Mutant Wolverine. no talent needed. Wolverine talks tough but when you can't die,  it isn't bravado. It is narcissism with a  high false sense of superiority. 

And you know a class is OP when 7 people are trying to catch it but it gets away because of One Mechanic. (Ie) Stealth

Play thief and post a video of you killing a single person of reasonable skill who is actively trying to down you for the whole fight. PvP or wvw doesnt matter. 

Then we can talk about why the buttons you pressed to make that happen are too strong or whatever. 

Edited by Azure The Heartless.3261
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 2
  • Confused 1

4 hours ago, Jitters.9401 said:

As Azure said. You're absolutely free to record yourself going god mode on a "no skill class". 

Sure, steal doesn't have a cast time. But you thinking that's overpowered is a skill issue, and I am not sorry for saying that.

Steal is literally a gap closer, and for almost all thief builds a way to regain some init. You can make it deal damage, but it doesn't hit for 5K like you say.

If a thief used steal, they're most likely going for burst - so it's up to you to figure out that you're gonna have to defend or stun.

A better mesmer would know they can win the trade against a glassy thief and just fight. You have better sustain, damage, and cooldowns than thief. And a better HP pool normally. And a decent thief wouldn't engage you like that unless they are sure you're missing cooldowns

Edited by Leo Schrodingers Cat.2497
  • Like 4
  • Confused 2

8 hours ago, Bern.9613 said:

Not sure how beating on a bronze invader, aka newb, really validates your point. Go try a diamond mesmer then we can talk. As for making thief better, really? They took away what we had and gave back a lesser version. As well as nerfing stealth ONLY on thief because "it's a source of frustration in wvw and pvp".  If you're so convinced that that is soooo good, I have 100 shiny new pennies that I'll trade you for those 100 crumpled up, old $1 bill you have.

Just saying....do not underestimate a low rank like bronze invader.

There are many people in this game who have alt accounts that are not as high level as their main account. You'll regret it.

Also if thief is dying to mesmer (a class they counter) i would uninstall if i were you.

• Thanks 1

On 11/2/2023 at 9:30 PM, Jitters.9401 said:

When you get hit by a cloak and dagger (#5 dagger skill) that does 5400+damage threat after the thief de-stealths, just so he can go back into stealth again.

De-stealth with a fraction of a second to stealth again. Dodge roll to avoid any retaliation, 5k cloak and dagger again.

Rinse. Repeat. Game over.

Easy peasy. Very miniscule risk for the highest gain. 

On 11/7/2023 at 7:08 PM, ZeroTheRuler.7415 said:

Not exactly... If a stealth attack actually lands, a "revealed" de-buff is applied on the attacker for at least 3-4 seconds depending on the game mode for competitive modes. You can't instantly stealth right after.

https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Revealed

Also it sounds like you are running a glass build if 5.4k is "a lot". Generally full glass requires a little more skill, especially vs people who sufficiently good at PvP or WvW. I would suggest reading up on classes you have difficulty with in order to improve yourself.

16 hours ago, Jitters.9401 said:

This is for your edification

1. I was commenting on your comment about re-applying stealth. You mentioned attacking in the same statement. The way you separated your statements implied it implicitly. If that's not what you meant, my apologies.

2. Where have I misread you more than once? That was my first time replying to you. I think you have me confused with someone else.

3. No, you do not understand at all. You are making a assumption. The first message from me that you quoted I was trying to help another player understand how to work with the reality of how things are currently. Personally I think stealth and revealed have potential to be reworked. There have been some great threads about it previously (like the one I mentioned in the first post you quoted from me 😉).

------

If you hate thief so much, play it or learn it's weaknesses or read up on it. Get a thief PhD. Once you do that then exploit what you know as much as possible. For instance here's one idea. Try overwhelming a thief with DOT's (damage over time) condition skills. A good thief will equip as much condition clear as possible to mitigate, however if you make them blow more of their utility skills they wont have as many options to attack or defend. It is especially a good tactic if they are newer and or are ALL offense, NO defense (glass cannon).

I personally bring a ton of condi clear and stun breaks whenever I play thief in competitive modes. I even like playing non stealth specter builds.

Sure its easy to stealth, however you aren't going to dominate just because of that. Beginner thieves just know how to run away, but to actually be proficient in attacking is another thing. It's especially different if a thief goes full glass cannon. Then they only have 11-13k HP depending on the game mode. I don't like thieves that just run away either, but honestly who cares if they run away.

------

I will also join others in challenging you in order to try recording yourself going "god mode" as thief against good players.

Edited by ZeroTheRuler.7415
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 11/9/2023 at 3:26 PM, Sleepwalker.1398 said:

Just saying....do not underestimate a low rank like bronze invader.

There are many people in this game who have alt accounts that are not as high level as their main account. You'll regret it.

Also if thief is dying to mesmer (a class they counter) i would uninstall if i were you.

Go and try Obs on mag and see how you do. Just notify us when you plan to uninstall.

9 hours ago, Bern.9613 said:

Go and try Obs on mag and see how you do. Just notify us when you plan to uninstall.

Jeeshh of all people, you can't beat Obs mirage as a thief? :classic_laugh::classic_laugh::classic_laugh:

I've fought him and beaten him few times when we dueled. Most fights are just long stalemate and boring.

You prolly keep dying to his condis.

As a thief why not spend your 90% time in stealth like every other thief and only him hit with backstabs.

On 11/9/2023 at 6:49 AM, Sahne.6950 said:

ohhh the irony.

Lol

How many accounts do you own anyway? All good. Keep supporting yourself with your own accounts.

Mesmer. Full trailblazer gear. It is an exceptionally underpowered thing to play in wvw. 

You can hit me with 32 stacks of confusion all day long.  It won't kill me. The moment the blades hit I just stop using skills. Evade is just fine. 

I have never and will never lose a fight against a condi virtuoso.  It is too easy to kill.

Those who do lose to one,  lose because they didn't even equip sigils of cleansing. 

That is you? Lol

Edited by Jitters.9401
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 4

1 hour ago, Jitters.9401 said:

Lol

How many accounts do you own anyway? All good. Keep supporting yourself with your own accounts.

what the duck 🦆 man xD you sure are weird.  i just have this one account and thats it. 

You really think i take the time/ effort and money to spam some kitten emojis?    i honestly couldnt care less.

infact i care so little, that i havent even bothered to vote anything on your posts.

you should have 4 new notifications.... see?     thats me.

Edited by Sahne.6950
  • Like 2

On 11/9/2023 at 9:24 AM, Azure The Heartless.3261 said:

Play thief and post a video of you killing a single person of reasonable skill who is actively trying to down you for the whole fight. PvP or wvw doesnt matter. 

Then we can talk about why the buttons you pressed to make that happen are too strong or whatever. 

Lol

The "do a video " is as weak an argument you can make.

Fun fact. Those who main godmode will always try to downplay it so they don't lose it. Sounds like you perhaps? 

I'm saying what everyone knows.  Thieves + stealth abuse is OP as "F" .

And as someone who has been playing a lot of thief lately, I am 100% willing to be honest about it.  The glass damage I do just murders and as daredevil, having a 3rd dodge is crazy good.

As Well: 

Thief is THE hacking class. Easiest to hide it. 

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 4

3 hours ago, Jitters.9401 said:

Lol

It's the only argument I apparently need to make, since you can't record a video proving this with the same ease you claim the class enjoys, and have to claim everyone agrees with you like a bad fanfiction writer. 🙆‍♀️

If this was as common knowledge as you say, you wouldn't have to be struggling on the forums to verify it.

Go make a thief and do it.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

3 hours ago, Jitters.9401 said:

Lol

Fun fact. Those who main godmode will always try to downplay it so they don't lose it. Sounds like you perhaps? 

And as someone who has been playing a lot of thief lately, I am 100% willing to be honest about it.  The glass damage I do just murders and as daredevil, having a 3rd dodge is crazy good.

As Well: 

Blah blah blah blah blah, stop talking, just show us the magic you personally do with this super OP class. I've come across dozens like you on the forum every day and not once has any of you been able to counter such a “weak argument” or show off your skills - just excuses or links to other people's videos. You're just another talker and whiner, nothing more.

Edited by Antrix.4512
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 3
  • Confused 1

On 11/16/2023 at 9:01 AM, Antrix.4512 said:

Blah blah blah blah blah, stop talking, just show us the magic you personally do with this super OP class. I've come across dozens like you on the forum every day and not once has any of you been able to counter such a “weak argument” or show off your skills - just excuses or links to other people's videos. You're just another talker and whiner, nothing more.

Lol

You are mad because I am saying the thief is OP and you want to think it is your skill

Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahah

• Like 4
  • Haha 2

On 11/16/2023 at 4:30 AM, Jitters.9401 said:

Lol

Mesmer. Full trailblazer gear. It is an exceptionally underpowered thing to play in wvw. 

You can hit me with 32 stacks of confusion all day long.  It won't kill me. The moment the blades hit I just stop using skills. Evade is just fine. 

I have never and will never lose a fight against a condi virtuoso.  It is too easy to kill.

Those who do lose to one,  lose because they didn't even equip sigils of cleansing. 

That is you? Lol

This entire post reads like someone who has never stepped into any serious combat ever. Not even pve.

First off, if its a condi build you are most likely taking more than just confusion. You can't simply shrug off 32 stacks of confusion from a condi stat set by simply "not using skills". It'll still take off large chips of your health, and your opponent is still going to attack you meanwhile. You'd also have torment and a plethora of cover conditions so something like "Sigil of Cleansing" becomes useless by itself. These conditions would also last from the expertise, increasing the chances you'd need to pop a cleanse. And unless you have enough cleansing to keep them off, you are dying Soon (tm). Should your opponent be brandishing the Mental Anguish trait, you'd be giving their shatters a 50% boost in damage which would negate your attempts to counter said single condition. So you are fibbing here.

Secondly, considering what I just mentioned and after reading over the rest of your posts, I can safely disregard your many other claims. You're not the first person to come here and pretend to know what they're talking about, let alone claim they've played thief in any capacity. You are absolutely not the first to come here LARPing as a thief player advocating for more nerfs because of stealth. Even when players who have mained thief since launch would bend over backwards to tell them exactly what could be done to counter the various tactics thieves employ to take down SINGULAR PLAYERS, they still refuse to humor the idea and continue "TEEF OHPEE" rhetoric.

But taking advantage of the basic psychological factors involved, these people always get outted as salty players who refuse to git gud. In fact, you don't even need to understand the psychology to realize that people who refuse to fix their problems end up being the problem in the first place. Which is why thief players always say "You think thief is OP? Great, play the class and win all the fights." Because once you actually play it, you'll understand why it is "OP". And then you'll understand that countering it is as simple as laying down some condi/AoE and timing.

However, nobody in the history of the thief forums has anyone actually taken the advice of people who play as and know how to counter a thief, doing so claiming some degree of moral superiority. Dude, its a kittening competitive game mode. You are not entitled to kills nor are you entitled to any level of fairness. Play what you consider OP, otherwise. You can also just git gud.

Edited by Zacchary.6183
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 2

1 hour ago, Jitters.9401 said:

Lol

You are mad because I am saying the thief is OP and you want to think it is your skill

Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahah

No, I'm not mad. I just said that you talk a lot without backing it up with anything other than your chatter. Literally - a lot of words, but they're worthless. You're just an ordinary troll who can't achieve anything in the game even with an OP class. Most likely, this game is simply not for you. So, cry more 😘

• Like 2

On 11/16/2023 at 4:37 AM, Jitters.9401 said:

Lol

As Well: 

Can you post your build? I'd like to take a glass cannon into WvW and one shot people. 

• Like 4

As I already stated, 2024, will be Guild Wars 2 breaking point to full collapse upon the release of new MMO's in the Gaming Market; who have Zero Tolerance to, Anti-Compettitveness Design and to Anti-Counterplay Gameplay. 

Stealth Mechanic including Toxic Bad Design and Toxic Profession Design such as Willbender Profession,Thief Profession, Deadye Profession and Revenant Profession and such...are no match to Healthy Competitive Game Deisgn

In  other word; Anet can chose to watch their game die a very quick death, or immediatly, start deleting Toxic Game Designs including Toxic Profession Deisigns such as Thief  Profession, Willbender Profession, Deadeye, Revenant Profession

There are no shortcut, it is eiether 'do or die'

Looking at the direction of the Game Deisgn including what Anet allows, tolerates and continue to promote

Guild Wars 2 will die. So, just be ready for it when it happens when the population sinks.

Thief Profession and Stealth Mechanic are the Greatest threat to the game and because of it, Guild Wars 2 will end up being a forgotten game

I am not blaming Thief Profession players for being responsible for the game diminsihed but blame Anet for intionally allowing this Profession, to break all rules of Healthy Gaming Competition in the Gaming Industry

The Gaming Industry, has no Tolerance for Guild Wars 2 Toxic Thief Profession design including Stealth Mechanic. It will prove just that, starting next year and on

No amount of marketing can overtake word of mouth marketing

The word of mouth in the Gaming Industry - Guild Wars 2 Thief class is badly designed, it has been broken since the game release, it has no counter play, it has no fairness, it has unlimitted evades-blocks-blinds, it can teleport anywhere, it can one shot you in Stealth, it can easily one shot you, it can exploit and abuse the game at anytime, Anet tolerates it for being broken, it can use hack to go through objects like walls, it is not a healthy class to play against, it can abuse Stealth mechanic at anytime it wants, Anet don't care, that is why i quit this game, only this class gets free 'get out of the jail card' for years, stay away from the game, Anet lets Thief get away from everything without having any consequences, it's not a fun class to play against, Stealth Mechanic is Toxic etc....

This is just the summary of the word of mouth Anet that I have heard including other players, throughout the years, from players in Healthy Competitive Games that I play about Thief Profession and Anet.

So yeah!! 

Anet is just throwing away money in the trash can to their Marketing with players word of mouth marketing easily wins hands down.

Edited by Burnfall.9573
  • Like 1
  • Haha 3
  • Confused 7