Ele needs an adjustment

Deadmoose.6594

5 hours ago, Terrorhuz.4695 said:

The class might be mechanically tedious to face, but honestly far from strong. You just met someone really good at what they do.

Blasphemy! How dare you to suggest, the OP got outplayed? Weaver is grossly OP/broken with those 2x extra evades full melee combat, that's clearly broken gameplay compared to the 12s distortion rotation into stealth into block into 1200 range burst of mesmer, which the OP mains....what the actual kitten, for real bro! We must nerf weaver right now! Remove those 2 x extra dodges! And let ele starts with 5K HP when selecting weaver elite.

• Haha 1
  • Confused 2

7 minutes ago, Arheundel.6451 said:

Blasphemy! How dare you to suggest, the OP got outplayed? Weaver is grossly OP/broken with those 2x extra evades full melee combat, that's clearly broken gameplay compared to the 12s distortion rotation into stealth into block into 1200 range burst of mesmer, which the OP mains....what the actual kitten, for real bro! We must nerf weaver right now! Remove those 2 x extra dodges! And let ele starts with 5K HP when selecting weaver elite.

I was on reaper at the time. Seen ele's faceroll full shroud damage. Sure mesmer has all of that but its at a huge disadvantage because of needing to stay far away to survive. Classes like ele, weaver, scrapper who all have large aoe damage circles have an advantage in conquest.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 2

29 minutes ago, Deadmoose.6594 said:

Seen ele's faceroll full shroud damage.

Can you elaborate what makes the weaver so tanky?

are you sure this guy didnt just... idk how to say that....   used his dodgekey during your burst?

All of this sounds like he either evaded.... or you blew your whole burst into stoneressonance and wonder why he tanked it all. 

But instead of looking at what you did wrong.. you decided to come to the forums to demand a nerf.

Edited by Sahne.6950

26 minutes ago, Deadmoose.6594 said:

I was on reaper at the time. Seen ele's faceroll full shroud damage. Sure mesmer has all of that but its at a huge disadvantage because of needing to stay far away to survive. Classes like ele, weaver, scrapper who all have large aoe damage circles have an advantage in conquest.

Necro is litterally the king of easy AOE CC/DMG; Good troll 😜 If not, good weaver 😜

Edited by Flowki.7194
  • Like 1
  • Confused 1

2 hours ago, Deadmoose.6594 said:

Ahh yes, Meteor shower sure is good in PvP, Staff Ele is just really strong in PvP because it has lots of aoe damage

Edited by Mini Crinny.6190
  • Haha 1

5 hours ago, Shagie.7612 said:

i really don't think ele as a whole is as bad as people make it out to be

i don't get why everyone in pvp convinces themselves that if something isn't like, signet cata levels of strong, it's awful

You know something is bad and worthless to play when people on a gw2 forum...laugh at you for claiming otherwise. There are no mention of elementalist anywhere anymore, not even silvers lose easily to an ele anymore, and the OP is a bronze rank...the only level where they would still complain about ele "luckily". And ofc 8 out of 10 eles now will be Tempest, which is the only thing worth logging in on the class. Elementalist is a class worth logging on every 4-5 years for a bunch of months, before it gets nerfed horribly and need to wait another 4-5 years for another go

• Thanks 2
  • Confused 1

6 hours ago, Arheundel.6451 said:

You know something is bad and worthless to play when people on a gw2 forum...laugh at you for claiming otherwise. There are no mention of elementalist anywhere anymore, not even silvers lose easily to an ele anymore, and the OP is a bronze rank...the only level where they would still complain about ele "luckily". And ofc 8 out of 10 eles now will be Tempest, which is the only thing worth logging in on the class. Elementalist is a class worth logging on every 4-5 years for a bunch of months, before it gets nerfed horribly and need to wait another 4-5 years for another go

You sure about that? I ended the season as a gold 2 and would've been higher had I not been experimenting with other classes this season.

22 hours ago, Paradoxoglanis.1904 said:

Hammer weaver can be stupidly tanky with barrier/healing and get carried by hammer damage, but its slow with basically no mobility. Fireweaver is kind of the same except less damage. There arent really any other good weaver builds except some matchups where FA/LR does well.

Oh look @Arheundel.6451 you're wrong.

• Confused 1

On 10/16/2023 at 10:38 AM, Paradoxoglanis.1904 said:

weaver

tanky

but

slow

Point of thread. I don't mind tanky but you can walk away from it. Be objective with that reasoning if you're going that way though. If [tank builds that can't move very fast] is fine for weaver, you should have the same opinion if you replace that with virtuoso/druid/bladesworn/zerker, and your balancing suggestions should lean toward making that the role they shine in (namely, punishing people for 1v1ing them and not just leaving)

On top of that you can actually win weaver fights if you kite them properly and are willing to commit to the fight for long enough for them to run out of cooldowns (most of them, anyway). 

By the way, remember 3 weeks ago when people were swearing up and down that there was too much damage in the game? whatever happened to that? :v

Edited by Azure The Heartless.3261