Let Loose nerf.

GoldenPants.1870

WHY Anet, why are you nerfing this trait so badly ? Untamed was already bad for roaming, with let loose barely making it playable, and now you remove fury from Let Loose ? What the actual kitten ? This entirely removes it giving us opening strike, which cuts a huge deal of our damage.

NOT ONLY THAT, but you nerf OWP in THE SAME patch ?!

Do you want us rangers to only play cele or something ? 

Absolutely so let down by the changes.

Edited by GoldenPants.1870
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 2
  • Confused 4

1 minute ago, GoldenPants.1870 said:

WHY Anet, why are you nerfing this trait so badly ? Untamed was already bad for roaming, with let loose barely making it playable, and now you remove fury from Let Loose ? What the actual kitten ? This entirely removes it giving us opening strike, which cuts a huge deal of our damage.

NOT ONLY THAT, but you nerf OWP in THE SAME patch ?!

Do you want us rangers to only play cele or something ? 

Absolutely so let down by the changes.

CMC wants you to play Catalyst instead.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2
  • Confused 1

Anet I think this nerfing spvp builds in wvw needs to stop, power untamed is not overpowered in wvw. The build relies on the let loose trait and the fury it provides, nerfing it makes an already meh build much worse. It is just unneeded, with so many overpowered builds in wvw power untamed is very hard to win fights with, so why nerf it? OWP was overpreforming, and while I think that power builds shouldn't be nerfed in general until celestial stats are gone ill compromise with OWP. But taking away fury from let loose is a very bad change, one that may be needed in spvp but most certainly not wvw.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2
  • Confused 1

Nobody, and I repeat, nobody plays untamed in WvW. There are very few people (including me) who play this spec in WvW. Why did the nerf have to carry over to WvW? I understand the class is strong in PvP, but there was no need for this to carry over to WvW..

Edited by Argamir.3651
  • Like 3

Honestly it feels like they only want Zerg specs and Cele specs (for roaming) to be the only viable things in WvW. It’s literally an ultra sweaty fight for a power spec to even keep up with an average Cele build in a 1v1 situation, but Cele specs continue to overperform while they keep nerfing power builds because the devs saw videos of some up level wearing green gear getting one shot off a mount. I challenge the devs to run any of the “overpowered” builds they just nerfed against an average celestial Harb or Catalyst. They won’t do it because that’s what they run themselves lmao.

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

56 minutes ago, Argamir.3651 said:

Nobody, and I repeat, nobody plays untamed in WvW. There are very few people (including me) who play this spec in WvW. Why did the nerf have to carry over to WvW? I understand the class is strong in PvP, but there was no need for this to carry over to WvW..

They only see those few and how much damage they are dealing, not how much time and investment it takes to actually learn to use the spec efficiently.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Rhailex.2513 said:

They only see those few and how much damage they are dealing, not how much time and investment it takes to actually learn to use the spec efficiently.

I’ll take it one step further and say I’ve never lost a fair fight to an Untamed since it was released. Not just on Ranger, on pretty much every class I play. The potential is there for it to be very strong, of course, but every class can do about the same amount of things as Untamed with far less effort. I know I just need to force a mistake (or wait for them to inevitably make one themselves) and I’ll be able to get them into a hole they can’t get out of.  This is all within the confines of WvW, I don’t really play sPvP - I know it was stronger there.

I don’t think a class that literally has no place in WvW Zergs besides healbot Druid (which isn’t even a lock for a meta slot…) should be getting  such harsh nerfs in that game mode without getting compensated in ways that add additional options. Roaming was the only place Ranger was competitive, and now that Soulbeast damage was gutted, Untamed synergy with Marksmanship was gutted, and Druid roaming effectiveness was nerfed earlier this year, Ranger is dangerously close to losing any purpose in WvW at all. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

Honestly, the nerf makes sense. They're cutting down burst and there is no reason for highest burst trait to require barely any skills to be chained for big burst. Ranger has plenty of other fury sources, and forcing one of them to be implemented to the combo goes a long way to increase difficulty of burst builds.

What doesn't make sense is why did they nerf OWP damage alongside strike interval. Weren't only multihit skills the issue?

Edited by Riba.3271

5 minutes ago, Riba.3271 said:

What doesn't make sense is why did they nerf OWP damage alongside strike interval. Weren't only multihit skills the issue?

Even worse is they nerfed it this badly whilst leaving willbender and cele builds untouched.

They could have at least gave us some defensive buffs to compensate, we're sorely lacking in active defenses compared to most roaming classes.

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

OWP nerfs end up being about a 70% overall nerf to damage. They dropped the duration from 8 to 6, dropped number of procs per second from 4 to 2, and reduced damage by 20% per proc. That’s a MASSIVE damage nerf with nothing else given to offset it. Like, you could cut the cooldown in half and it STILL would be a net nerf with how little damage you are doing. Any one of those nerfs would have been enough IMO, but all three screams they have no idea how their game works.

If they wanted to tune it to be a bit more “fair” due to its ease of use, I’d understand it. But this basically deletes it from the game.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Riba.3271 said:

Honestly, the nerf makes sense.

No, it doesn't.

They're cutting down burst and there is no reason for highest burst trait to require barely any skills to be chained for big burst.

Plenty of burst builds untouched, that are better than Untamed in pretty much every single regard. And then there's still cele ...

Nerfing any small scale/roaming build that is not one of the dominating cele abusers (or maybe stealth spamming SA thief) is unwarranted in the current state of the game, and even among non cele builds Untamed wasn't outstanding at all. And let's not pretend Untamed had any relevancy in large scale combat. Ever.

Just a random sPvP nerf that got carried over to WvW for no reason. But ofc expecting reasonable balance changes in WvW is stupid. It just doesn't happen.

Edited by Zyreva.1078
  • Like 4
  • Confused 1

14 minutes ago, Zyreva.1078 said:

Just a random sPvP nerf that got carried over to WvW for no reason. But ofc expecting reasonable balance changes in WvW is stupid. It just doesn't happen.

OWP was nerfed in PvE some time ago with them 'watching' to see impact of changes.  It was then carried over to sPvP because of the massive saltmine over there about Soulbeast, and now carried to WvW so it isn't the only outlier mode (best guess as I haven't seen burst soulbeast in quite some time either).

As for Untamed, I have to laugh at the nerfs in general as even in g3+ in sPvP and an avid roamer in T1/T2 NA WvW I NEVER see Untamed.  Like, the most powerful aspect of Let Loose (the quickness) was never carried to competitive in the first place.

Meanwhile, the barrier spam that some trait interactions with relic produce hasn't been touched, along with any of the other things in WvW that make tanks.  I think whoever mentioned cele boonblob to be the norm may be onto something--they probably want to standardize the entire mode this way because there's only 2 people sorta half balancing things badly, and they only have so much time.    

• Like 1

I was fully expecting the soulbeast nerfs, they were warranted tbh. As a ranger main I planned on going to untamed when that time came, but untamed was difficult to play compared to other roaming builds and it also was not as effective. It was barely viable as it is for roaming, although it was a very strong duelist. Now with let loose nerfed I think it is bad for roaming, probably still ok for duels. Now the only options left for ranger are boring cele builds, which are among the strongest in the game but it won't be fun for anyone. Let loose was needed to help bunker bust celestial builds you could barely bunker bust as it is, now they will probably outsustain and out damage you. 

• Like 2

OWP needed the nerf. No doubt. I'm glad they didn't nerf Warhorn, Staff, Rapid fire, and all the other quick hitting skills. I would like to see them rebuff staff auto to what it was before though

Let Loose didn't need the nerf. But then again, its not the end of the world as we have quite a lot of access to fury

• Like 3

I think people are missing the boat a bit on OWP. Yes it was a bit over performing, particularly with fast hitting attacks like staff auto. But it wasn’t 70%+ over performing. It’s almost negligible damage now, not worth using at all.

Any one of the three changes they did would be reasonable. To gut it 70% with nothing added and no cooldown reduction is removing it from the game mode entirely. It was one of the only ways to potentially break through a cele bunker, now it’s basically impossible unless you go cele also and go for an attrition fight which is boring as hell.

• Like 3

While the thread is about let loose only I find most changes weird. Untamed is going to be hit so hard for some reason... (I am expecting more chronos in the future)

The Bad

OWP : I might regret this but (for the few who know some hidden things on ranger) the skill description does not make any sense in any game mode. Best part is that the PvP community literally confirmed that OWP was NOT an issue (thanks for that Anet). You cannot try to nerf everything and say it is fine. IF it really was a problem (when it probably is not) either

• you allow it to burst and make the duration shorter
  • OR you do not allow burst and make it have a longer duration.
  • OR you reduce the coeff a little

Multishot cannot target behind: I guess it makes sense but will you“fix” the way similar skills work on other professions? For example necro focus 4, ele air focus 5, and other skills. Just asking you know… Once you start playing a little of all the professions you have a lot more questions about the way targeting works or wonder why it is more generous for some than others.

Signet of the hunt : I see what they wanted to do but I did not find it a problem. In the end other professions have a way better version of the signet (why again? Just because they do not use it right now?) or do not even need one on their build. (after 10 edit I will put it in "bad" because if it is not wanted then it should not be what allows the build to work)

Mixt feelings

Natural Fortitude: I think they want to reduce the damage (even if lifesteal is not affected by stats) and the sustain. It is weird as it was the 1 thing allowing untamed to be one of the closest option to a team fighter build on ranger (even if it was still roamer). 

Let Loose :  I was still using Ferocious symbiosis last time I played untamed so it does not affect me but for other they will probably not be interested by the ambush reset (which can be hit and miss) and some 3 might on grandmaster. It can work but with natural fortitude +signet nerf it could be too much. You need to land the hit and check the timing with weapon swap to get a double ambush which I do not find fun. If it does not work maybe it could also increase Natural fortitude back to its previous level?

Edited by aymnad.9023
  • Like 1