Let Loose nerf.

GoldenPants.1870

2 hours ago, AlphaReborn.1567 said:

I think people are missing the boat a bit on OWP. Yes it was a bit over performing, particularly with fast hitting attacks like staff auto. But it wasn’t 70%+ over performing. It’s almost negligible damage now, not worth using at all.

Any one of the three changes they did would be reasonable. To gut it 70% with nothing added and no cooldown reduction is removing it from the game mode entirely. It was one of the only ways to potentially break through a cele bunker, now it’s basically impossible unless you go cele also and go for an attrition fight which is boring as hell.

They should have just made OWP use a hit counter like Sharpening Stone. That way other slower hitting weapons like greatsword, sword, etc can utilise OWP as well. And people can drain your OWP hit counts to 0 easier if they dodge/block/invuln so there is counter-play rather than facing 8-12s of constant pressure.

PS: Please undo this change

Solar Beam: Reduced power coefficient per strike from 0.3 to 0.25 in WvW only.

• Like 4

I really want to use staff but it feels like Anet doesn't want anyone to touch it unless it's specifically to heal a raid group. If someone stacks a lot of power and crit damage any weapon should viably do at least decent damage. It already can't burst because it has only its auto to do steady, consistent damage. Leave it alone.

• Like 5

13 hours ago, Sylver.6137 said:

I was fully expecting the soulbeast nerfs, they were warranted tbh. As a ranger main I planned on going to untamed when that time came, but untamed was difficult to play compared to other roaming builds and it also was not as effective. It was barely viable as it is for roaming, although it was a very strong duelist. Now with let loose nerfed I think it is bad for roaming, probably still ok for duels. Now the only options left for ranger are boring cele builds, which are among the strongest in the game but it won't be fun for anyone. Let loose was needed to help bunker bust celestial builds you could barely bunker bust as it is, now they will probably outsustain and out damage you. 

Ive been playing melee power untamed for quite some time and this is very accurate. Took some time to learn, but yes it is quite strong in duels, although cele builds were always a bit of an uphill battle. Roaming was ookay cause you got a lot of stealth and mobility, but also not great because youre playing a full melee ranger that doesnt have strong defensive capabilites (protect me+elite) so you could just get blown up in outnumbered. With fury being taken away, things will just get even harder for an already mediocre build

Edited by Argamir.3651
  • Like 3

19 hours ago, GoldenPants.1870 said:

WHY Anet, why are you nerfing this trait so badly ? Untamed was already bad for roaming, with let loose barely making it playable, and now you remove fury from Let Loose ? What the actual kitten ? This entirely removes it giving us opening strike, which cuts a huge deal of our damage.

NOT ONLY THAT, but you nerf OWP in THE SAME patch ?!

Do you want us rangers to only play cele or something ? 

Absolutely so let down by the changes.

No, no, Ranger had to be nerfed it was way too strong. The nerf was a good thing. It was so strong you couldn't join a squad in WvW unless you played damage Soulbeast or damage Untamed. You just got kicked unless you played those. They were too strong. They were top damage, top strips, top cc and top utility. Game breakingly strong. It made all the other classes futile. And don't forget in roaming it just was unkillable and defeated every other class together in a 1 v 8.

• Haha 6
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

3 hours ago, Leo.5829 said:

No, no, Ranger had to be nerfed it was way too strong. The nerf was a good thing. It was so strong you couldn't join a squad in WvW unless you played damage Soulbeast or damage Untamed. You just got kicked unless you played those. They were too strong. They were top damage, top strips, top cc and top utility. Game breakingly strong. It made all the other classes futile. And don't forget in roaming it just was unkillable and defeated every other class together in a 1 v 8.

So true honestly. 🙏

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

1 hour ago, AlphaReborn.1567 said:

Any good Cele builds you recommend?

Would also be interested in this, i couldnt really come up with anything good but didnt try that many builds. I feel like the only thing cele untamed got going for it is the dagger unleash, but the class doesnt have as much boon output and severely lacks stability (unless you use hammer, which is weird on celestial) so you dont really get as much value off of cele. Feel like cele soulbeast is probably just better

Edited by Argamir.3651

7 hours ago, GoldenPants.1870 said:

Oh it's great as celestial, seems its the only thing Anet wants roamers to play.

I only really wish Unleashed Power had the same 9 second cooldown it has in PvE. It just feels more natural being able to double ambush.

Might be too broken balance wise but the current state just feels off.

• Like 2

16 hours ago, AlphaReborn.1567 said:

Any good Cele builds you recommend?

I haven't experimented much with cele untamed, but would go for a ws/nm build (with WHaO for maximum boon spam!). It's what i'm running on cele druid and it works pretty well. That being said, i don't think cele untamed is as good as cele druid or soulbeast. Maybe for duels, but not for roaming. I just don't see anything that would make up for the downsides of not having the mobility, cc, immunities and "unkillable" pets of slb or the sustain, cc and stealth/superspeed of druid and the recent nerf certainly doesn't help either. The only "unique" aspect of untamed is the access to boon strip - but it's simply not good enough to make a dent into the boon spam of the current meta.

Edited by Zyreva.1078
  • Like 1

12 hours ago, Justine.6351 said:

OWP players got that skill gutted themselves. It was always an exploitable concept that was abused and for some reason normalized.

It was never a OWP problem though; anyone who plays ranger at a somewhat competent level knows this.

The problem is, and always has been, soulbeast.  The bigger problem is anet doesn't know how to balance it--at all.  

If this concept is too tough, put OWP on either Untamed or Druid and see if you get the same performance.  You absolutely will not, because the merge bonuses are gone--this is what I mean.

In general, you cannot just have nerfs, you have to have power distributions.  If you say take from soulbeast in OWP, it should be given to the other specs--this patch it was not.  We had OWP and Let Loose taken and nothing given to Druid to even remotely even that out.

They have no idea how to balance.  They are happy with it because the TTK goes up everytime they nerf and that gives the devs longer to play the game.    

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

4 hours ago, Gotejjeken.1267 said:

It was never a OWP problem though; anyone who plays ranger at a somewhat competent level knows this.

The problem is, and always has been, soulbeast.  The bigger problem is anet doesn't know how to balance it--at all.  

If this concept is too tough, put OWP on either Untamed or Druid and see if you get the same performance.  You absolutely will not, because the merge bonuses are gone--this is what I mean.

In general, you cannot just have nerfs, you have to have power distributions.  If you say take from soulbeast in OWP, it should be given to the other specs--this patch it was not.  We had OWP and Let Loose taken and nothing given to Druid to even remotely even that out.

They have no idea how to balance.  They are happy with it because the TTK goes up everytime they nerf and that gives the devs longer to play the game.    

Owp was ticing for 4k a hit like 2-3 times a second lmao.

• Confused 4

54 minutes ago, Justine.6351 said:

Owp was ticing for 4k a hit like 2-3 times a second lmao.

Only on Sic' Em Soulbeast--all of which is a Soulbeast problem and not a OWP problem.  

Burst is fine, OWP was fine; there's enough projectile mitigation to avoid it to begin with and it wouldn't get extreme damage without soulbeast merge modifiers and interactions.

In WvW OWP never should have been touched regardless because of all the cele tanks going on, if you were still dying to sic' em soulbeast in WvW in 2023 it was essentially a L2P issue.

• Like 5
  • Confused 1

5 hours ago, Gotejjeken.1267 said:

Only on Sic' Em Soulbeast--all of which is a Soulbeast problem and not a OWP problem.  

Burst is fine, OWP was fine; there's enough projectile mitigation to avoid it to begin with and it wouldn't get extreme damage without soulbeast merge modifiers and interactions.

In WvW OWP never should have been touched regardless because of all the cele tanks going on, if you were still dying to sic' em soulbeast in WvW in 2023 it was essentially a L2P issue.

Owp is soulbeast elite...

They could have just changed owp to not effect merged skills with a SLIGHT shave to its coefficient, that would have nerfed it enough. Anet unfortunately hasn't learned in all the years how to tone skills down and instead always over nerfs on almost every occasion. Alternatively a reasonable cap on additional hits granted by owp could have been implemented as well.

Edited by Psycoprophet.8107
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, Sandzibar.5134 said:

imagine thinking willbender still counts as melee will all the gap closers it has. lol.

Beat me to it.

3 hours ago, Justine.6351 said:

2k range vs melee but ok.

Willbender can port to you from that range almost instantly, it's a fair comparison to make.

Other classes also have gap closers and blocks/evades so the odds of someone being attacked exclusively at 2k range is extremely low.

• Like 4

I wouldn't mind if anet does this: druid as healer/support builds for different game modes with the option to store the pet, soulbeast as roamer and untamed as zerg option. Core as PvE focus for a relaxing OpenWorld  experience which is the first step a free to play player will experience. 

Unfortunately untamed will never be able to became a zerg oriented build because of pet and soulbeast is very damage oriented . So Anet would need to switch up their design paradigm by soulbeast becoming a more zerg  option by removing damage/mobility  in exchange for some easier / better group utility and untammed to restore the removed traits focused in PvP / roam which makes sense as the pet has better survivability in small scale . 

Anet would need to actually put some effort and focus on the ranger for a change to be able to rework all the mess that is the ranger profession with all the specializations.

And I know all this i just said will fall in deaf ears. 

Just asking as i haven't played for a long time but: Are Spirits still an unmitigated garbage in all game modes? 

On 10/17/2023 at 7:34 PM, Argamir.3651 said:

Nobody, and I repeat, nobody plays untamed in WvW. There are very few people (including me) who play this spec in WvW. Why did the nerf have to carry over to WvW? I understand the class is strong in PvP, but there was no need for this to carry over to WvW..

"Nobody, and I repeat, nobody plays untamed in WvW."

And

"There are very few people (including me) who play this spec in WvW." 

Are countering each other 😵‍💫.

Now generally speaking on untamed...

Indeed the change was not needed in WvW, technically everything they have done to untamed was not needed to carry to WvW, just because sPvP suffers from an issue doesn't mean this should go to WvW too because it's a "competitive mode".

Overall putting aside the bad design of untamed, the bad relaying on pet and 1 troublesome mechanic is a bad idea overall and puts the spec in a disadvantage compared to it's other specs and overall to other elite specs.

I have been playing power melee untamed (GS/Hammer, s+h/Hammer) since EOD beta and I still am, did not since and won't touch soulbeast ever again, I enjoy the play style of untamed more than any of it's specs.

Untamed just needs learning, people are giving up on it very quickly and are unwilling to put some effort into learning it, I can kill almost anything I encounter from 1v1 up to 1vX.

I am not a top player, eSports player or any top try hard player and never claimed I am so that means most of the WvW should be able to make it work too especially the roamers.

My guildies are now more moving towards Untamed since they saw me play it and what I am doing with it and decided to learn how it works and they were saying they were having way more fun and feel different gameplay when using it.

I had this idea to make some videos about my 1v1/1vX encounters (not duels) instead of only bomb montages but at the same time I don't want to fight "clones" so I'm in a conflict 😵‍💫

Edited by DarkFlopy.8197
English not native language, fixing typos and such if I find them.
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, DarkFlopy.8197 said:

I had this idea to make some videos about my 1v1/1vX encounters (not duels) instead of only bomb montages but at the same time I don't want to fight "clones" so I'm in a conflict 😵‍💫

Teach us your ways.

I've tried to make Untamed work in organised groups with moderate success, mostly only because of spin to win, and boon rip. Still outperformed by other classes.

I also don't get the crying about "Sic'em!" soul beasts, they burn all their cooldowns to one shot a single target, it's barely different from gunflame memes. There are similar very high burst builds on Mesmer, and Engineer too.

Celestial builds are far more of an issue than burst damage builds. After they nerfed OWP and Let Loose I decided to try out a cele set on ranger for a laugh. It's like turning on easy-mode. You can win fights through sheer stats alone on soulbeast.

• Like 1