GW2 math doesn't add up, I only see 8.5 professions (returning player)

Vepa.6073

Returned recently with the addition of expac and surprised not hearing before of mount additions...

Played warrior in gw1 and now gw2 (starting and when returning) and the 1st three updates I return you nerf warrior?!

And take away the arc divider 3x, what's going on here?

Was warrior buffed and now nerfed, don't remember warrior being that good or flashy besides maybe zerker release (hence the big appeal, simple and to the point)

Make Warrior Great Again

• Confused 16

33 minutes ago, Parasite.5389 said:

huh... weird that Berzerker has the 2nd highest benchmark on snowcrows after this 'Nerf'

that's cool and all but I'm casual player, does my post look like I care about my #s being bigger than yours?

Just wondering why the most recent updates are all nerfs

But if you wanna talk about benchmarks that's against stationary target no? Lol trust me I'm not enjoying being stationary(locked in by some skills) in HoT maps (rifts are not bad)

Idk what strike/raids  are like, is it better for warrior there?

• Haha 1
  • Confused 7

24 minutes ago, Vepa.6073 said:

Just wondering why the most recent updates are all nerfs

And your answer is right there. We're ALL getting beaten regularly with the nerf bat. Mesmers don't even have a lot going for them being mostly a condition profession and confusion is basically worthless now. That's, like, half our entire kit. Everyone is getting nerfed because the game is wildly unbalanced. That's why you see builds for 40-45-50kdps and they have no idea how to counter it other than hammer the nerfs harder.

i think their biggest mistake was giving warrior three separate damage-based subclasses. that's why it feels like you're getting nerfed all the time, because any time they nerf damage they're literally nerfing the whole class whereas with other classes only one subclass is affected by damage nerfs usually.

Edited by SoftFootpaws.9134
  • Thanks 1

15 hours ago, Parasite.5389 said:

huh... weird that Berzerker has the 2nd highest benchmark on snowcrows after this 'Nerf'

I'd like to occasionally use berserker against opponents that are sentient and will avoid the once again shrinking pool of tools we have to hit them with. Most of these nerfs make it harder for me to do so. Do you see what I'm getting at?

Edited by Azure The Heartless.3261
  • Like 1
  • Confused 1

2 hours ago, Azure The Heartless.3261 said:

I'd like to occasionally use berserker against opponents that are sentient and will avoid the once again shrinking pool of tools we have to hit them with. Most of these nerfs make it harder for me to do so. Do you see what I'm getting at?

Strikes are inmensily stationary, raids aren't that much but aren't much better. Both are the endgame they have in mind. So, balance probably goes towards them. 

Same goes for most of the map big metas.

Only important difference you will see in some content is that you need to change target por a change of phase or something, like kill that because im invulnerable, then again you hit a stationary target.

I can entirely understand where OP is coming from with this post.

I'm a casual PvE player who dabbles into the more "meta" side of things to check on performance and balance and whatnot, even have done some raids. The problem with Warrior isn't numbers perse, as someone pointed out they're one of the top options on a target dummy. But that's just a target dummy. Playing the class out in the open-world where I have to dodge mechanics get crowded by mobs and random conditions or CC, the struggles with Warrior really start to show. (Inb4 "just dodge" or "just kill them faster) we lack a lot of utility that allows us to use our DPS in tight situations, and we have to tailor our builds very specifically with one or two abilities in order to have half of the functionality of other classes who manage to gain stability/protection/healing while just throwing out their normal abilities.

Say what you want about strikes and DPS numbers, but for a casual player? Warrior just feels off.

7 minutes ago, Lucius.2140 said:

Strikes are inmensily stationary, raids aren't that much but aren't much better. Both are the endgame they have in mind. So, balance probably goes towards them. 

Same goes for most of the map big metas.

Only important difference you will see in some content is that you need to change target por a change of phase or something, like kill that because im invulnerable, then again you hit a stationary target.

Pvp.

I'm talking about pvp.

17 hours ago, Vepa.6073 said:

Returned recently with the addition of expac and surprised not hearing before of mount additions...

Played warrior in gw1 and now gw2 (starting and when returning) and the 1st three updates I return you nerf warrior?!

And take away the arc divider 3x, what's going on here?

Was warrior buffed and now nerfed, don't remember warrior being that good or flashy besides maybe zerker release (hence the big appeal, simple and to the point)

Make Warrior Great Again

After they removed unique buffs from the various professions, replacing them by plain boring boons, not so long ago, they overbuffed everything so now there is a need to nerf everything. It's as simple as that.

Edited by Dadnir.5038
  • Like 1

On 10/20/2023 at 2:57 AM, prototypedragon.1406 said:

I mean with the effort they put into the nerfs they could at least change skills names rather then skills since some  don't make sense anymore like backbreaker to back tickler in different game modes.

It does still knock people down, so maybe it would be ankle sweeper?