Weird 'No Mount' restriction at 'Lily of the Elon' [Merged]

Just noticed it today, assuming it was a bug introduced with the Mad King patch.

Used to be able to use the envelope to port in, then turn around, then mount up on a skimmer and ride out on the water and around the corner off to where ever.

Now, there is a weird, small space around the entrance where you can't mount, and it instantly throws you off a mount when you cross it. It's on the east side.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 2

Yeah, I reported this in game the day the Halloween Event went live. The area that kicks you off of your mount is right at the main entrance and it's not quite 2 stories high. So if you ride a mount in you get kicked, but if you fly a little higher than 20 feet or so you have no problems.

And there's nothing preventing players from entering or exiting with a mount through any of the other many windows/doors in the Lily. It's just in this one tiny area. It's got to be a bug. Which doesn't mean that it'll get fixed any time soon.

• Like 1

I've had the same thing at the Lily of the Elon. It seems odd that it's only at the entrance, I can go in and out anywhere else (it's open all around the sides) on my skimmer, but if I try to go through the entrance I get dismounted. If it's to stop people getting in using an exploit I'd expect it to be all the way around, not just at the entrance. Unless it's because there was a 'hole' in whatever invisible barrier normally stops people without a pass getting in, and if that's the case I hope they can fix it properly instead of having this confusing mix of restrictions.

• Like 2

• 2 months later...

There are mount-block zones all around the Lava Lounge and LotE in weird spots. They all seem intentional but I can't imagine the intent since you get kicked for not having a pass anyway. Extremely inconvenient for LL. I know I can just click the pass to go to the entrance, but I like being able to bunny hop in or griffon glide at a low altitude.

• Like 1

I noticed during Wintersday that the Pavilion Lounge has the same issue.  I can fly in through the top of the gate on a skyscale but if I raptor normally through I'm dismounted.  I can remount immediately after.  It's only that one tiny spot on the ground at the entrance that zaps you.  Very similar to what you're reporting in Lily.  I think the Lily has gotten me a time or too as well but most of the time I'm leaving the Lily I am doing so out into the bay and thus am not zapped.

• 2 months later...

There's a pretty stupid thing happening down at Lily of the Elon.

If you're mounted and are LEAVING Lily of Elon through the 'official' entrance (to the east side) to ENTER Crystal Oasis you get dismounted.  Now, if mounts were not allowed inside, that would make sense, but this is as you are entering Crystal Oasis.  Stupidity of the highest order?

There are various places around Amnoon where 'No Raptor' signs can be found, yet there are no "no mounts allowed" areas in place in those.  There are numerous jumping puzzles throughout the world where no mounts are allowed, and whilst they may be frustrating, they do sort of make sense.  This?  Nope.

This surely isn't a bug, and someone must have have placed the no mounts allowed area there deliberately, and not accidentally.  I mean, how easy is it for someone to muck around with the map?.  A disgruntled employee?  Someone who whilst they've worked on GW2 doesn't actually care about the enjoyment of the players?  Presumably not a hacker, because why would a hacker go to the trouble of getting through the various layers of security and then not do something more effective, like maybe putting their tag in a cliff face or the ground?

If there is a rational explanation for this, turning it from maliciousness or stupidity into 'okay, that makes sense', then an official response from ArenaNet would be appreciated, because anyone else will simply be speculating.  If there's no rational explanation from ArenaNet the only conclusion we can come to is they simply don't care to put in what is surely minimal effort to remove the zone, and as such don't care?

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

• Forum Moderator.3419 changed the title to Weird 'No Mount' restriction at 'Lily of the Elon' [Merged]