Easiest way to fix almost perma stealth blindness daredevil

oatsnjuices.1698

• oatsnjuices.1698 changed the title to Easiest way to fix almost perma stealth blindness daredevil
2 hours ago, Dawdler.8521 said:

I have suggested removing the smoke field from pistol 5 but thieves for some reason don’t like that very specific change for a single weapon skill.

I can’t imagine why 🙄

Spread the stealth or the field around, even give it short duration, to other weapons. Or go through and change ancillary traits and modifiers like Panaku's Ambition to require something else. Or keep sniveling about it. 

• Like 1
  • Confused 3

1 hour ago, kash.9213 said:

Spread the stealth or the field around, even give it short duration, to other weapons. Or go through and change ancillary traits and modifiers like Panaku's Ambition to require something else. Or keep sniveling about it. 

Fine 🤷‍♂️
You can make it into a 1s AoE stealth instead. You can even keep the 0s cd. It would still beat the snot out of the scrapper elite skill on 60s. The smoke field can be moved to one of the thief elites instead. Thieves guild should do fine.

Edited by Dawdler.8521
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Dawdler.8521 said:

Fine 🤷‍♂️
You can make it into a 1s AoE stealth instead. You can even keep the 0s cd. It would still beat the snot out of the scrapper elite skill on 60s. The smoke field can be moved to one of the thief elites instead. Thieves guild should do fine.

Yes add 60sec CD to black powder.

• Confused 3

3 hours ago, Dawdler.8521 said:

Fine 🤷‍♂️

I really wouldn't mind having traits like that changed to sustain off of something else. There just doesn't need to be more unused or half unused weapon sets all of the sudden, especially since there hasn't been new thief offhands through all of the expansion Elites, or the start of a new dead trait pile while Acrobatics has only recently begun to slowly fill out again.

I wouldn't want that moved to an Elite since I'm using that kind of stealth to keep up a group consistently. 

I'm open to your idea of removing the smoke field but it would be great if the idea was finished. 

• Confused 2

2 minutes ago, Justine.6351 said:

Sounds like you just want the game to play itself. Case and point...

They're not asking for an opponents skill to be changed to suddenly have a 60s cooldown on top of already costing 6 initiative. They were however open to changing the skill, so I'm confused by that take. 

6 hours ago, kash.9213 said:

So you're asking for a handicap but it's their l2p issue? 

They also need to put a cooldown on heartseeker. Thieves shouldn't be carried by spamming 10k damage while also getting free stealth. If putting 60sec cd on these two skills suddenly makes a thief not good then it is revealing just how much l2p applies to them.

• Like 5
  • Confused 3

11 hours ago, Justine.6351 said:

They also need to put a cooldown on heartseeker. Thieves shouldn't be carried by spamming 10k damage while also getting free stealth. If putting 60sec cd on these two skills suddenly makes a thief not good then it is revealing just how much l2p applies to them.

Do something with damage and maybe take out the black powder and adjust something else on it. Really if you need to put a full minute cooldown on top of the Initiative cost then you're shutting down a skill instead of balancing it. It's revealing about you that so far, that the thief players have been open to ideas and changes while you're here asking special treatment. 

Edited by kash.9213
  • Like 1

I am still of the minds that leap in smoke field should be an "smoke aura" combo (i think all leaps should be self auras) and not an stealth. Only blast should be stealth something you can counter if you simply stand in there smoke field (all be it applying blind or other effects for risk reward of use.)

• Sad 1

4 hours ago, kash.9213 said:

Do something with damage and maybe take out the black powder and adjust something else on it. Really if you need to put a full minute cooldown on top of the Initiative cost then you're shutting down a skill instead of balancing it. It's revealing about you that so far, that the thief players have been open to ideas and changes while you're here asking special treatment. 

Yeah yo'ur right. Instead of 60 second cooldowns they could make them 30 like other weapon skills and compensate by removing the blind bullet from black powder and the leap finisher from heartseeker. This would both make them competitive and enforce they're intended function.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

Got to love how people latched on to 60s cd on black powder when I was talking how black powder with a mere 1s fixed AoE stealth, no smoke field and 0s cd would still beat the snot out of the scrapper elite sneak gyro which is on 60s cd, lol.

Edited by Dawdler.8521
  • Like 2

On 10/24/2023 at 2:57 PM, Dawdler.8521 said:

I have suggested removing the smoke field from pistol 5 but thieves for some reason don’t like that very specific change for a single weapon skill.

I can’t imagine why 🙄

it would be much easier if this skill would have an actual cooldown.

8 hours ago, Twilightzone.7452 said:

Throw target painter and then watch it run. Congrats you just won the fight

*Throws target painter at teef, gets stuck on grass/teef teleports out/doesn't hit kitten because of desyn/teef doesn't give a kitten and still can stealth*
Wow, such solution, such not working, wowow.
Delete stealth and teefs from game, problem solved for everyone.

• Like 4
  • Haha 2
  • Sad 2