Any tricks on obtaining (Exotic) Essence of Luck

4 hours ago, APrincessOfAlot.4735 said:

Need 250 Exotic Essence of Luck for the Gift of Research.....any tricks on either salvaging or farming this....have made all I can out of the lower essences already....

Just keep hoarding more lower tiers and Artificing them, ull get there faster than expected.
Maybe some Mini-dungeons on the side like Vasburg can help.
There is of course Mad King's Labyrinth, the bags do tend to give some luck, I get around 7-12 Exotic Lucks, and 30-60 Rare Lucks to go with it, per every 250 I open.

Edited by MercurialKuroSludge.8974
  • Like 4

9 hours ago, MercurialKuroSludge.8974 said:

Just keep hoarding more lower tiers and Artificing them, ull get there faster than expected.
Maybe some Mini-dungeons on the side like Vasburg can help.
There is of course Mad King's Labyrinth, the bags do tend to give some luck, I get around 7-12 Exotic Lucks, and 30-60 Rare Lucks to go with it, per every 250 I open.

Thank you MercurialKuroSludge….thought I saw somewhere that there were  Karma or Laurel Vendors that had Luck, but never actually needed it til now, making my Legendary weapon….Will go back and run Mad King’s for sure! 

45 minutes ago, APrincessOfAlot.4735 said:

Can salvaging blues/greens get luck?

Green gear always gives luck when salvaged (I don't know why it's specifically green gear, but it is). So yeah, just keep salvaging every green item you find, and using your Artificer to merge it all together, and you'll eventually get what you need.

• Like 2

On 10/28/2023 at 4:00 PM, Brandolf.6048 said:

Do the RIBA farm or Halloween farm. Break down everything and then combine lower tier luck as needed. I have 1000 exotic essence after doing this for about a week and a half. 

Yes to both.  I've been getting a LOT from running the Labyrinth and the bags.

• Like 1

The wiki is always a great resource for these kinds of questions: https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Essence_of_Luck_(exotic)

Since you say you have no more use for the lower tier ones, one good method would be to upgrade those to exotic tier with an artificer, if you have time you can get a lot during the Lunar New Year event from the lucky bags. Finally if you are in a hurry you can salvage ectoplasms which gives you a ton of luck. This may seem expensive but remember you will also get Crystalline Dust from this which you can sell on the tp again (or use to upgrade tier 5 to tier 6 crafting components) to make up for the gold you invested.