Why Does ANet Not Find A Way To Perma Ban Hackers? All Their Accounts.

WendyB.1650

First I do not understand why those that hack think it is fun.   Today, 10/28/23, between 7 am and 9 am CST.  Our server watched Several SOS thieves hack through the walls of our keeps and flip Air, Stoic, and Tried Fire.   We killed them several times at Air and  Fire before they finally managed it.  It was al over our chat and we had accounts and other things for these people.   We literally had to sit on the lords to save our stuff.  This is not fun.  This makes us not want to play and is ruining the experiences for many people.  One of the thieves has numerous accounts and apparently gets an account banned and just comes back on another.  Why not ban the IP address or the network? It will make it harder to have multiple accounts and harder to get back into the game.  It may not be permanent but if it last long enough they might move on to another game to go cheat at, instead of just logging into another alt account and going right back to it.

• Like 15
  • Thanks 7
  • Haha 1

6 minutes ago, Heel of Soul.7486 said:

The individual that is hacking on the SOS server has been reported several time for verbal abuse (profanity) and nothing has been done. Why does ANET accept this type of behavior?

28 minutes ago, WendyB.1650 said:

First I do not understand why those that hack think it is fun.   Today, 10/28/23, between 7 am and 9 am CST.  Our server watched Several SOS thieves hack through the walls of our keeps and flip Air, Stoic, and Tried Fire.   We killed them several times at Air and  Fire before they finally managed it.  It was al over our chat and we had accounts and other things for these people.   We literally had to sit on the lords to save our stuff.  This is not fun.  This makes us not want to play and is ruining the experiences for many people.  One of the thieves has numerous accounts and apparently gets an account banned and just comes back on another.  Why not ban the IP address or the network? It will make it harder to have multiple accounts and harder to get back into the game.  It may not be permanent but if it last long enough they might move on to another game to go cheat at, instead of just logging into another alt account and going right back to it.

Anet teach players how to treat the game by what they allow, what they stop, and what they reinforce

Edited by Burnfall.9573
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2
  • Confused 3

2 hours ago, Nanoir.2315 said:

Haven't seen anyone cheating other that abusing exploits recently but constantly getting our tacts flipped by 1 dude in Drakkar recently, we've reported it but nothing has happened at all.

Some Abba Song server has alt on enemy server just to pull tactics non-stop.

Edited by SweetPotato.7456
  • Confused 1

I never understood the whole aspect of this but unfortunately history has shown anet will let these greasy individuals get away.

There was a thief that used hacks and literally quite similar to what you have said and they were mass reported. Note this was 3 years ago. I login often and almost always see them online.

Luckily moved to pve with his/her shenanigans at typical afk farming spots.

• Like 3
  • Sad 1

51 minutes ago, Nanoir.2315 said:

I never understood the whole aspect of this but unfortunately history has shown anet will let these greasy individuals get away.

There was a thief that used hacks and literally quite similar to what you have said and they were mass reported. Note this was 3 years ago. I login often and almost always see them online.

Luckily moved to pve with his/her shenanigans at typical afk farming spots.

Thief Profession using exploits, hacks and cheats has been on the rise especially using Stealth Mechanic and Portal to go through objecss and and get to high surface. 

Just last week I posted my own video of Thief Profession players going through walls in a keep and teleporting their teamates on top of a dome then took control over the keep.

After reading November patch; it is more than clear that Anet allows exploits, cheats and hacking in the game to continue, The only option that is left is, to either put up with a game company who allows and treats exploits, hacks and cheats as normal or look elsewhere, where it is not allowed nor tolerated. 

I have been in this game long enough -on and off-; since beta and I can tell you this; when it comes to Anet Toxic Bad Design Thief Profession who is exploiting, hacking and cheating...Anet does not care and will never care.

That is 11 years+ history of exploiting hacking and cheating by Thief Profession beiing accepted by Anet,

So yeah! this is Anet 11 years+ history of permititng Thief Profession of exploiting, hacking and cheating in the game. 

Lastly, this is why I will never promote nor encourage this game to anyone else in the Gaming Industry including friends and potential new players; as long Anet allows and excepts exploits, cheating and hacking byThief Profession to go unpunished.

Once again; Stealt Mechanic exploits, hacks and cheating remain untouched in the next balance patch.  This is why, I will never commit nor support  Anet as a game company, nor to never put any Trust, Faith annd Hope in them. Under any circumstances or conditions; I  will never tolerate any game company who makes exceptions to  exploits, cheating and hacking.

Why would you or anyone support or invest in a Game Company who makes exceptions to exploits, hacking and cheating?

Would you, I or anyone, would support or invest in a home security company, who makes exceptions to allow a certain burglar to break into homes? of course not

The only way Anet is going to learn, is when the majority of players who will no longer put up with them for putting up with making exception to exploits, cheats and hacks...leave and quit the game. 

That is the only way for Anet to learn!!

Edited by Burnfall.9573
  • Like 5
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2
  • Confused 5

Well they are doing it again this morning.  They allow us to get our keeps up and spend tactic (which are useless to thwart hackers)  Then they just come along and hack in and flip.   So much for wanting to enjoy and play.  MAYBE this is what ANet wants I mean it keeps us taking crap back, since defending stuff is not encouraged this way.

• Like 2

Not saying that its fair to exploit into keeps but hear me out, EACH time we helped reds to remove mags from their ebg keep, 1st thing they do is turning on us. If its your way to show how grateful you are then you deserved what you get! Had the same issues with TC last weeks, bullying us as we tried hard to focus on mag, they suffered of few exploits too 😛

• Haha 1

19 hours ago, Nanoir.2315 said:

And if anyone says well how do you know blah blah, it's funny how after these tactics are pulled we get a nice blob knocking on the door 2 minutes later. 

The weirdest aspect of that behaviour is that it happens all the time even if your server has no people online. They still need to exploit or cheese their way in. I had that last matchup when we tried to defend our tower with 6 people vs a map blob and someone pulled the tacs.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, manu.7539 said:

Not saying that its fair to exploit into keeps but hear me out, EACH time we helped reds to remove mags from their ebg keep, 1st thing they do is turning on us. If its your way to show how grateful you are then you deserved what you get! Had the same issues with TC last weeks, bullying us as we tried hard to focus on mag, they suffered of few exploits too 😛

How about you report them anyway? I mean if you don't like it happening to you, why do you think it evens things out the other way around? It makes that game miserable for everyone.

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, gebrechen.5643 said:

How about you report them anyway? I mean if you don't like it happening to you, why do you think it evens things out the other way around? It makes that game miserable for everyone.

Report? Lol, its not like if it was something new and that Anet doesnt know. If its still happening its because Anet doesnt care, worst, enjoy having toxicity in their game 😕

• Like 2

8 hours ago, manu.7539 said:

Report? Lol, its not like if it was something new and that Anet doesnt know. If its still happening its because Anet doesnt care, worst, enjoy having toxicity in their game 😕

With the blatant cheating and bots ig we know anets stance on this. 

Also 2023 we still don't have a report option for cheating. But hey they corrected "offline" amarite 🤡

Edited by Nanoir.2315
  • Like 3

Small update, sent a ticket due to last nights tact pulling and a cheating chap running under map.

Response was basically we understand its frustrating, ty for patience while we investigate these. 

Here's to another 4+ years before they can conclude if someone running under maps and porting people + alts pulling tactics are breaking any tos or cheating. 🤡

• Like 2

Anet was more active in GW1 removing bots in Jade Quarry. Reporting was easier and bot player names didn't show up the next day.

I don't know how good they were at dealing with hacks and exploits.

It's just not something that has ever been high on their resource allocation in GW2, with the exception of their removal of the orb in the very beginning of WvW.

1) Either you want to spend your entire time worry about what other and Anet does or you play your game and mentally blocked out the hackers. 
https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Ban 
2) Record and report 

• Record the incident - win+alt+r will bring up the window game recorder.
  • you need an empty block list for ease to find the hacker's  name with the 4 digit - block them and get the name
  • report the hackers using the in game feature.
  • upload the video as unlisted non-public setting on youtube
  • send support ticket - top left hand corner of this screen "support"  with 
    Time:
    Date:
    Video link
    Submit any screenshot (tips: best to submit screenshot of the hacker and their user name in your block list.)

Dear ArenaNet Support 

Good Morning
    I am writing to report a hacker(s) who has been exploiting the game. The hacker’s username is [hacker’s username] and they have been using cheats to gain an unfair advantage over other players.
    I have evidence of the hacker’s actions, including screenshots and videos.
    I believe that cheating ruins the experience of the game for everyone and I hope that you will take appropriate action against this hacker.

Thank you for your attention to this matter.

Sincerely,

[Your name]

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2