Losing 4 conquest in a row makes me hate GW2

Deadmoose.6594

Ah yes, I have a good story for you, nice and short so...

I was at gold and had a good win streak and as I was literally 2 pts away from Plat (each win gave about 14 pt and I needed 16) then suddenly I lost 1 and won 1 lost 1 won for about 8 games always missing the, VIP airline platinum lounge and then, as if guild wars magic stopped working, I lost about 10 games in a row.

So in all seriousness, I dunno if it's just luck or if there are sinister forces at play. It was frustrating... but there is a moral to the story. I was able to let go of my desires and become a celestial being of pure zen in pvp...still in gold rank though

Edited by Damocles.4908
  • Like 4
  • Haha 2

7 hours ago, DanAlcedo.3281 said:

The true gw2 PvP experience. 

Gets man handled ingame. 

Go to the forum to vent. 

Go back to getting your butt whooped. 

Back to the forum. 

Repeat until you get banned from one of them. 

The only way to get banned on the forums is by going to general discussion and calling them a bunch of leftist carebears, trust me on this.

• Haha 8

3 minutes ago, TrollingDemigod.3041 said:

Wow, people complaining about 4 loses in a row? In my days, we were getting 20+ loses in a row. 

after a 30 hours shift down the mine... paid tuppence a day. sleeping on broken glass matress at night.

AND WE WERE GRATEFUL FOR THE OPPORTUNITY!

damned kids.

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

50 minutes ago, deathdealer.2197 said:

The only way to get banned on the forums is by going to general discussion and calling them a bunch of leftist carebears, trust me on this.

I got banned for 7 days during the bot apocalypse for doing daily posts about it, it's against the rules to point out ppl arent doing their jobs

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, Damocles.4908 said:

Ah yes, I have a good story for you, nice and short so...

I was at gold and had a good win streak and as I was literally 2 pts away from Plat (each win gave about 14 pt and I needed 16) then suddenly I lost 1 and won 1 lost 1 won for about 8 games always missing the, VIP airline platinum lounge and then, as if guild wars magic stopped working, I lost about 10 games in a row.

So in all seriousness, I dunno if it's just luck or if there are sinister forces at play. It was frustrating... but there is a moral to the story. I was able to let go of my desires and become a celestial being of pure zen in pvp...still in gold rank though

Thats exactly my story from last season. I was like 1 or 2 wins from plat. So happy, finaly will be able to feel superior to all the nabs with my fancy badge. Ill flame all the golds in forum. Then I had like a 10+ lose streak basically ranking me even below the plebs I was about to ridicule. Sad life.

• Haha 3

10 hours ago, Deadmoose.6594 said:

Read my recent posts.

Back in the days, people used to spend months practising in unranked arena, to get good enough...in the hopes of getting 25 won unranked matches in a row and unlock ranked pvp from rank 0....then keep practising some more for months, asking/begging high rank to give you a place in their team to prove yourself and start your long journey to the coveted tiger emote( Phoenix for the greats and dragon for thr best).

But in GW2 ....players lose 4 games and come to forum to cry...because they lost...

In light of this behaviour, Anet removed the real matchmaking which was forcing people to get good to climb ladder, they replaced that with asinine 50/50 system and force vet players to carry bad players, let them win and climb above their actual skill level.

They even introduced elite specs that play themselves.....but gw2 players would still dare to come here to whine on how they lost 4 games in a row.....and some individuals still wonder why pvp in gw2 is awful.....

• Thanks 5

Moose ur just experiencing the true gw2 experience.

1- two teammates rush home at start, basically giving enemy team far and mid in most cases.

2- u can go all match never dying and winning all ur 1v1's and engagements where ur +1 for ur teammate all while surviving every outnumbered situation ur in while ur team feeds and u will still lose rank the same as if u stood there bashing ur head of the wall all match.

Gw2 is game in the end meant to be fun, we forget that somtimes, I get super frustrated at the above stated, I've even been guilty of afk'ing 2 mins into match only to have top kills, top offense and top heals etc wondering how that's even possible, but it clearly is as happens frequently.

Only suggestion is try to remind urself gaining rank in a video game isn't really important and not worth stressing over, in the end who the f cares if ur gold or plat and how does being plat improve ur life in anyway, not like ur a paid athlete or somthing haha.

Edited by Psycoprophet.8107
  • Like 1

25 minutes ago, Psycoprophet.8107 said:

Moose ur just experiencing the true gw2 experience.

1- two teammates rush home at start, basically giving enemy team far and mid in most cases.

2- u can go all match never dying and winning all ur 1v1's and engagements where ur +1 for ur teammate all while surviving every outnumbered situation ur in while ur team feeds and u will still lose rank the same as if u stood there bashing ur head of the wall all match.

Gw2 is game in the end meant to be fun, we forget that somtimes, I get super frustrated at the above stated, I've even been guilty of afk'ing 2 mins into match only to have top kills, top offense and top heals etc wondering how that's even possible, but it clearly is as happens frequently.

Only suggestion is try to remind urself gaining rank in a video game isn't really important and not worth stressing over, in the end who the f cares if ur gold or plat and how does being plat improve ur life in anyway, not like ur a paid athlete or somthing haha.

Well said, yeah...I guess I shouldn't care about rank. Or what if rank was independent from winning or losing and based on how good you actually are? It's insanely dumb, like inception levels of dumb that your rank is based on ability to carry kittening idiots. Let me write that out in big letters because this is your real rank:

YOUR RANK IS BASED ON YOUR ABILITY TO CARRY D U C K I N G IDIOTS ON YOUR TEAM

55 minutes ago, Arheundel.6451 said:

Back in the days, people used to spend months practising in unranked arena, to get good enough...in the hopes of getting 25 won unranked matches in a row and unlock ranked pvp from rank 0....then keep practising some more for months, asking/begging high rank to give you a place in their team to prove yourself and start your long journey to the coveted tiger emote( Phoenix for the greats and dragon for thr best).

But in GW2 ....players lose 4 games and come to forum to cry...because they lost...

In light of this behaviour, Anet removed the real matchmaking which was forcing people to get good to climb ladder, they replaced that with asinine 50/50 system and force vet players to carry bad players, let them win and climb above their actual skill level.

They even introduced elite specs that play themselves.....but gw2 players would still dare to come here to whine on how they lost 4 games in a row.....and some individuals still wonder why pvp in gw2 is awful.....

I literally spent months playing mesmer in unranked before going to ranked.

I already am a Dragon rank

Losing 4 games was just a microcosm of the greater problem, I didn't need a massive losing streak to know what was happening. As others have posted about almost getting plat and then going on a massive losing streak, this literally happened to me as well.

I agree about the asinine 50/50 system, I vehemently hate it.

1 hour ago, porkchopMCgee.6193 said:

Should probably try and communicate with your team in some way., Is usually the first step.

I already do this every match in hope my moron teammates listen to me, they usually don't. As a chrono, I see myself sort of like a basketball point guard. I know who I should kill first, and so I'll CTR-T that target. If you don't pile your damage on that target too, then you're a moron. This happens so much it's mind boggling. If someone else decides to CTR-T, then I hit their target because focused damage > single player damage.

There are certain maps where it's better to try to get home and mid, and not go far. As chrono, I can usually lock down mid if I have enough support. Most people don't listen to that though. As chrono, I'm going to wipe the floor against certain people as the damage is insane, but most people also don't know that thief hard counters mes. So most people don't know to peel thieves off me so I can do my job. Most people don't know they should be decapping or side-noding, so I'm forced to as a team fighter because nobody else is. The list just goes on and on...

Edited by Deadmoose.6594
swear word was bad

9 minutes ago, Deadmoose.6594 said:

Well said, yeah...I guess I shouldn't care about rank. Or what if rank was independent from winning or losing and based on how good you actually are? It's insanely dumb, like inception levels of dumb that your rank is based on ability to carry kittening idiots. Let me write that out in big letters because this is your real rank:

I literally spent months playing mesmer in unranked before going to ranked.

I already am a Dragon rank

Losing 4 games was just a microcosm of the greater problem, I didn't need a massive losing streak to know what was happening. As others have posted about almost getting plat and then going on a massive losing streak, this literally happened to me as well.

I agree about the asinine 50/50 system, I vehemently hate it.

I already do this every match in hope my moron teammates listen to me, they usually don't. As a chrono, I see myself sort of like a basketball point guard. I know who I should kill first, and so I'll CTR-T that target. If you don't pile your damage on that target too, then you're a moron. This happens so much it's mind boggling. If someone else decides to CTR-T, then I hit their target because focused damage > single player damage.

There are certain maps where it's better to try to get home and mid, and not go far. As chrono, I can usually lock down mid if I have enough support. Most people don't listen to that though. As chrono, I'm going to wipe the floor against certain people as the damage is insane, but most people also don't know that thief hard counters mes. So most people don't know to peel thieves off me so I can do my job. Most people don't know they should be decapping or side-noding, so I'm forced to as a team fighter because nobody else is. The list just goes on and on...

Trust me 9 yrs in this game I've wondered how games pvp marchmaking could be improved. It's hard to come up with solutions that don't also have major downsides. The issue with having rank more of a individual scoring in a team game is a lot of players will play in a manner or make decisions in the match that will benefit themselves which somtimes could benefit the team or be a huge detriment to the team/match. So players would stat chase the top stats for the benefit of their own rank even if means costing the team the match.

Currently making ranked solo que is only thing I can think of that could help, or creating a sec ranked que for solo but than ur deciding a small community and increasing que times so I donno.

But yeah best think to do is play ranked and play builds U find fun and not be stuck in meta builds and just have fun and improve AS ur having fun, maybe ur teams doing badly but if ur doing well than that's all that matters, actual rank is a meme to most players these days anyway so don't stress.

44 minutes ago, Psycoprophet.8107 said:

Trust me 9 yrs in this game I've wondered how games pvp marchmaking could be improved. It's hard to come up with solutions that don't also have major downsides. The issue with having rank more of a individual scoring in a team game is a lot of players will play in a manner or make decisions in the match that will benefit themselves which somtimes could benefit the team or be a huge detriment to the team/match. So players would stat chase the top stats for the benefit of their own rank even if means costing the team the match.

Currently making ranked solo que is only thing I can think of that could help, or creating a sec ranked que for solo but than ur deciding a small community and increasing que times so I donno.

But yeah best think to do is play ranked and play builds U find fun and not be stuck in meta builds and just have fun and improve AS ur having fun, maybe ur teams doing badly but if ur doing well than that's all that matters, actual rank is a meme to most players these days anyway so don't stress.

What if your rating loss scaled to how bad you lost by? For example, if you lost by 1, your rating would only go down -1 or something. It would then scale more severely depending on how bad the loss was.

This would encourage everyone on the team to participate to the fullest extent, knowing that at the very least their rating wouldn't be hindered as badly as the way losing works right now. Afkers would be nearly non-existent with this method.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, oujiboardspamname.1932 said:

This is why i hate when you guys go, but how does a build do in 5s though..

It does as good as I can rotate with a team I don't know. 

Yes.

3 hours ago, Deadmoose.6594 said:

Correct!  Which is why people play burst/cc builds (and why asking for less damage/cc is an idea that will be met with revulsion). At last, you see clearly. 

What if your rating loss scaled to how bad you lost by? For example, if you lost by 1, your rating would only go down -1 or something. It would then scale more severely depending on how bad the loss was.

This would encourage everyone on the team to participate to the fullest extent, knowing that at the very least their rating wouldn't be hindered as badly as the way losing works right now. Afkers would be nearly non-existent with this method.

@Deadmoose.6594 Good idea~

Edited by Azure The Heartless.3261