Pulling EWP on home Garri and calling it out in EBG to make room in EBG queue for your group should be a bannable offense.

Lorelei.3918

Title says it all. This is making it so you have to stop, open your map, check and see if home BL garri is actually under attack, then click. Which is a real problem if garri is actually under attack since a lot of people won't make it in time having to do all that. 

It's also just a really sleezy thing to do in general. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 6
  • Haha 9
  • Sad 2

If garri is actually under attack, more than likely multiple scout calls would have been made beforehand.

If an ewp is posted out of the blue with no scout calls, then most likely no one is there and it's a fake call.

If it turns out fake then put the person on ignore and move along.

They don't even ban hackers you expect them to ban people making fake calls?

🤷‍♂️

Four confused noobs who troll tactivators -->

Edited by XenesisII.1540
  • Like 2
  • Confused 4
  • Sad 2

1 minute ago, XenesisII.1540 said:

They don't even ban hackers you expect them to ban people making fake calls?

🤷‍♂️

Yeah I know. Anet don't care. I'm just saying. Also lmao about the multiple callouts. Maybe on a tier 1 server. Go down a couple tiers and you are lucky if there is any callout at all, and half the time its fake. Speaking of bad callouts, I just missed one because there was no X on Hills and no other callouts so I figured it was fake. Minute later and whaddya know, we lost hills. 

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

3 hours ago, Lorelei.3918 said:

Title says it all. This is making it so you have to stop, open your map, check and see if home BL garri is actually under attack, then click. Which is a real problem if garri is actually under attack since a lot of people won't make it in time having to do all that. 

It's also just a really sleezy thing to do in general. 

This might be annoying, but there are actions players can take to mitigate. Since this might require GM time, I think that time would be spent better elsewhere on other actions.

Alting, spying, trolling, joking and accidents are not all the same. 

10 hours ago, Lorelei.3918 said:

Yeah I know. Anet don't care. I'm just saying. Also lmao about the multiple callouts. Maybe on a tier 1 server. Go down a couple tiers and you are lucky if there is any callout at all, and half the time its fake. Speaking of bad callouts, I just missed one because there was no X on Hills and no other callouts so I figured it was fake. Minute later and whaddya know, we lost hills. 

Are you on Crystal Desert per chance?
Edit: Or Dragonbrand I suppose.

Edited by sudorem.9861
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1

11 hours ago, sudorem.9861 said:

Are you on Crystal Desert per chance?
Edit: Or Dragonbrand I suppose.

Not on those servers but been linked and.... ah don't wanna kick them when down.

And it'd definitely be a glass windows thing. Someone was actually defending their bad scouting when called out on it today; like they take pride in being terrible or something. Like yes, "they're on lord" really isn't good enough especially if you're going to  guilt trip the commander after.

Edited by ArchonWing.9480
  • Haha 1

On 11/4/2023 at 10:56 PM, XenesisII.1540 said:

If garri is actually under attack, more than likely multiple scout calls would have been made beforehand.

Good advice, if you see just one report and check the map and nothing seems wrong asking for more info is not a bad idea.

If an ewp is posted out of the blue with no scout calls, then most likely no one is there and it's a fake call.

Also an easy check is the main WP contested or both are clear, might be a good indication of a false pull in doing a quick check.

If it turns out fake then put the person on ignore and move along.

General rule that players follow in various situations if you don't want to take the time to dive into details.

Know your server, players and scouts. Laugh with your players, trust your scouts and doubt all else. Then be ready for the unknown. If you choose badly, adjust from there. 

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Chaba.5410 said:

Even easier, just remove tactics and improvements completely.

Edit To save on confusion, To Chaba and others:

All I know, is that I know nothing.

Personally after that and all this time, I go with "I am dirt, I am that in which something may grow.".

Again being an 80's peep Bill and Ted may have put it the best overtime, "Be Excellent to Each Other".

• Confused 1

Usually there will be previous warnings, like enemy progress on outer or inner; it's usually not just going to be an out of the blue pull. Also another good tactic is to go to the hbl while queuing for EB so you have general idea of what's going on and when to reasonably expect an attack. You may also actually see troll pulls happening and know who to ignore, as well as who to actually take seriously.

Honestly, most of the time the queue should be going to hbl anyways... If not and everyone just wants to play on EB, then who cares about defending anyways (especially since you weren't going to leave EB anyways)

It can also be prevented by being in a squad, usually if on comms, you'll usually have someone on hbl.

Also you may find better content than EB a lot of the time anyways.

Edited by ArchonWing.9480

Until recently, it was not the case that everyone sits in the EBG and is afraid to leave it, because otherwise it will not be possible to return to the EBG. This is a point of view to wvw devs....

Whoever makes the troll help call, can only do it once. Next time he should already be on the block list.
But there are other methods. For example, the EBG tag goes to borderlands to "defend" something. Staying there until borderland can also que. Then the tag sneaks back to EBG with the players it needs.

• Like 1