You are shorting us on Mystic coins Anet!

Moi.5013

the old system we would get 20 mystic coins every 4 weeks.  The previous season on the vault was 11 weeks and we could buy 60 mystic coins, so it was pretty much the same.   This season is 16 weeks, and we can still only buy 60 coins.  Shouldn't it be 80?  Clovers and laurels work out to be less too but since those were optional choices from the old chest of Loyalty I am less bugged by that.  But the coins were a guarantee from daily's before.  Oversight or intentional? 

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 5
  • Sad 3

IMO one of the reasons for WV was getting rid of login alt accounts that brought too many materials and coins to the economy. Now they are going to balance price of materials as they like, so potentially price of mystic coins will be growing as I predicted. If it'll be too expensive from their point of view, they will add more to WV.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

IF anet doesn't lose a quarter (which knowing them and counting i wouldn't put it past them) you're losing about 20 coins and 11 clovers a year.
365/28=>13 loyalty chests => 260 coins and 91 clovers vs 240 coins and 80 clovers.

This "quarter" is probably a good time to speculate on mystic coins because after 5-6 weeks the supply will start to run pretty dry.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Sjentra.3409 said:

IF anet doesn't lose a quarter (which knowing them and counting i wouldn't put it past them) you're losing about 20 coins and 11 clovers a year.
365/28=>13 loyalty chests => 260 coins and 91 clovers vs 240 coins and 80 clovers.

This "quarter" is probably a good time to speculate on mystic coins because after 5-6 weeks the supply will start to run pretty dry.

And with the Legendary Kits making Legendaries more accessible, the shortage of Clovers is especially felt, which means needing more Mystic Coins to acquire more Clovers...so yeah, I bet MC prices are going to go up as well...

• Like 1

Also, since we're in a 16-week "quarter" currently, I hope that is just to catch up after having only an 11-week quarter for the first cycle...if 16-week cycles are the norm from here on out, then your calculation is off and we'd be getting a lot less of both as 16 weeks is more like a trimester than a quarter.

4 hours ago, Futa.4375 said:

You will get more with the paid reward track, don't worry.

They clearly said they wanted to make a battlepass different than othe companies do, if they add a paid reward track, they would have a PR disaster.

Edited by vrauns.3215

9 hours ago, WRay.2391 said:

IMO one of the reasons for WV was getting rid of login alt accounts that brought too many materials and coins to the economy. Now they are going to balance price of materials as they like, so potentially price of mystic coins will be growing as I predicted. If it'll be too expensive from their point of view, they will add more to WV.

If only. Except they only rarely iterate on their systems. By the time the new miniexpansion comes around, Vault will likely already be mostly automated and forgotten, and they will only bother to add new visuals to it without adjusting anything else.

• Confused 3