Oneiros-Spun Armor

Cernoch.8524

So since it seems Anet gave up on making new armor looks different on each weight as we used to have, why the kitten is coat part of the armor still connected to chest piece for medium classes? It happened for many skins that are for all weights and it is annoying cause you can not really mix armors.

Here it is even worse cause those are full armors and looking exactly the same. While the armor is made as a set, many players does not want to use it as a set and want to mix it with other skins.

• Like 5
  • Confused 2

2 hours ago, Cernoch.8524 said:

So since it seems Anet gave up on making new armor looks different on each weight as we used to have, why the kitten is coat part of the armor still connected to chest piece for medium classes? It happened for many skins that are for all weights and it is annoying cause you can not really mix armors.

Here it is even worse cause those are full armors and looking exactly the same. While the armor is made as a set, many players does not want to use it as a set and want to mix it with other skins.

The armors that are shared with other weights are made this way, because otherwise there would be horrible clipping with all the unique medium parts, as their coats are attached to the chest armor since the beginning.

• Like 3
  • Confused 1

6 hours ago, Manasa Devi.7958 said:

I can't really bring myself to view these as actual armors. They feel like outfits.

That's what i thought when i first saw one in-game. It's just Peitha cosplay which is a bit of a shame. Maybe we'll get some different but matching part later on.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Schimmi.6872 said:

The armors that are shared with other weights are made this way, because otherwise there would be horrible clipping with all the unique medium parts, as their coats are attached to the chest armor since the beginning.

But that's not actually an issue as the game already "cuts of" parts of your armor to prevent overlapping if needed.

• Confused 2

9 hours ago, Tails.9372 said:

But that's not actually an issue as the game already "cuts of" parts of your armor to prevent overlapping if needed.

Some gloves and boots have shorter and longer models, yes, but is this used for chest and leg armor too, because I can't remember one with different versions , do you have some examples?

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Schimmi.6872 said:

Some gloves and boots have shorter and longer models, yes, but is this used for chest and leg armor too, because I can't remember one with different versions , do you have some examples?

Well, the longer Rebel Boots cut off your entire pants. And the Raven Ceremonial chestpiece (medium) overrides pretty much any pants, IIRC.

Edited by anninke.7469
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, idpersona.3810 said:

Related to the topic....how is this armor acquired? The wiki lists the vendor, but the cost isn't up there yet.

Each piece is one purified kryptis essence, 1 clot of congealed screams, 500 research pages and 1 gift of the following depending on piece: bone, blood, totems, dust, claws or venom.

• Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, Mattahood.9423 said:

Each piece is one purified kryptis essence, 1 clot of congealed screams, 500 research pages and 1 gift of the following depending on piece: bone, blood, totems, dust, claws or venom.

Thnx....so the pretty much the same as the Astral Ward armor. That's where the (yet to be updated) wiki was a bit confusing.