Convergences are fun as hell

Zacchary.6183

Convergences aren't terrible, but they need to cut down on the boring time-wasting repetition. Do we need the "kill 3 bosses" event before the "kill 5 bosses then another boss" events on each island? Do there need to be 5 lieutenants per island rather than, say, 3? It could even be alright if you could get champion bags and other regular drops throughout, but all the rewards are at the very end.

The final bosses are the most interesting part and I'd like to see more variety there.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

2 hours ago, Lord Trejgon.2809 said:

Both of those links link to the different states of the coffer, didn't you mean to link "those" to the unstable motivation that unlocks said coffer?

You have to buy the second link's item, then buy the "keys" to open them. That will leave you with the first link's item providing you with the essences you want.

P.S. Why would I link the same item twice? Makes no sense. 😉

11 hours ago, BlueJin.4127 said:

Looks at my wallet… goes back to convergences and rifts with a ☹️.

😕 Yes, it's costly indeed.

But I rather spent half my gold on buying Essences than on some 8k+ infusion I don't find appealing. After all, I am in this merely for the heavy Obsidian Armor's skin, so cosmetics remain cosmetics, right? 😄

Edited by Ashantara.8731
  • Confused 2

15 minutes ago, Ashantara.8731 said:

You have to buy the second link's item

Coffers are tradeable? I was getting mine from convergences. I guess I am just going to sell the ones I cannot open (as opposed to running t2 rifts for keys)

15 minutes ago, Ashantara.8731 said:

P.S. Why would I link the same item twice? Makes no sense. 😉

But you did not link the "key" and in fact have linked two states of same item twice 😉 That's why my response in the first place 🙂

• Like 1

On 11/12/2023 at 9:10 PM, Inculpatus cedo.9234 said:

I just did my first one; I liked it.  More fun than, say, Dragonstorm.

Have you been doing Convergence as long as Dragonstorm? I will expect that after some time both will be the same as for how fun they will feel with the same routine....kill mobs, kill boss(es) and return back to where you entered instance.

• Confused 1

4 minutes ago, ShadowCatz.8437 said:

Have you been doing Convergence as long as Dragonstorm? I will expect that after some time both will be the same as for how fun they will feel with the same routine....kill mobs, kill boss(es) and return back to where you entered instance.

Dragonstorm has less variety and I genuinely can't stand most of the dialogue in it xP 

• Confused 1

Convergences are fun except for two things:

The important one is public being up only once every three hours. Miss it and you aren't doing it that day.

The other is the different between a successful and failed convergence is how quickly you get into a public one. Getting in late increases the likeliness of the group failing, which Dragonstorm proved.

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

Hi! I just wanted to give a quick shout out to the team that worked on Convergences. People are still figuring out the best ways to do them, so growing pains aside I wanted to thank you guys on the work.

This is in regard to the public instances; I haven't done a private squad instance yet so no feedback there from me.

I like that there is no timer. Just get in, do the job, and go home for tea with Zojja. I know people are focused on doing them as quick as possible and get onery about doing the split evenly, but the lack of a timer and not needing to kill all the generals at the same time is a welcome change of pace. Groups can just move to one section at a time if they need to. This is great. I can see Challenge Mode versions with timers, and/or with the generals all being killed at the same time. That is fine for a CM version and I welcome it. But those elements not being present in the base Convergences is also very welcome.

I like that you can focus on different aspects: Siege clearing, Turret clearing, Avatars of Spite, etc. That lets people shake it up at their own pace and have a different experience if they want. This keeps it fresher for longer. Good job there as well.

I like both bosses but wish there were more variety. When Outer Nayos is released, could you potentially add more legendary bosses to the Convergences? Or even new Convergence Maps with different bosses on each?

Lastly, I really like that these have freed up the amount of Rift hunting that I'll need to do. The Convergences are more fun overall, and it is great that they award essences at all tiers. I also really like the last mastery that increases essences from both the Convergence rewards and Rifts, that also is an immense QOL increase to those working on the new legendary armors.

There is a lot to like here. I wish there were more legendary bosses at the end to rotate through, and also possibly new maps. I am concerned though that in the long run these will become less attended. It may be worth it to add more potential drops from Convergences and/or from the Exposed Stabilized Kryptis Essence Coffer.

Again, I'd like to give a shout out to the team that worked on Convergences. I wish the public instance happened more than every three hours.

Edited by Lan Deathrider.5910
  • Like 8

Please everyone heal Zolja on last boss. Also check your builds and I do not mean only dps since you can kill last boss with low dps, but also survivability. When you get stacks of essences to heal Zolja and get to downed state, then stacks are lost. That was reason why we failed public run. It was low dps group and that was fine, but ppl getting downed and loosing stacks was issue.

• Confused 2

Almost forgot. Can we get something else than amalgamated gemstone as option from Convergence: Hero's Choice Chest? I choose it all the time since nothing else to pick. I think that T1, T2 and T3 essences as option is actually great. Essence coffer is meh since not enough "keys" to open them, but could be fine.

Can't we get more choice? For example xx research notes or t2 motivation or t3 motivation or piece of rare unidentified gear, ...

• Confused 1

On 11/12/2023 at 10:40 PM, Curennos.9307 said:

Same for convergences- there doesn't seem much worth in doing them more than once per day, though they seem (idk, I haven't checked) like a good farm for the 'base' resources.

I have checked. Without the once-per-day/week bonus chests I get around 5-6 gold worth on materials/items in addition to the essences. For an event that lasts between 19 minutes (the fastest I saw, so far) and around 30 minutes (the longest I saw, so far) and that can (theoretically, haven't seen that in a public instance, yet) also fail.