Crash during convergence? It should let you back in...

If you crash or d/c during a convergence you should be able to rejoin the instance.

After waiting around 10 minutes for it to start, then playing it for 20 minutes before it crashed, it's a lot of wasted effort & very frustrating. I got a useless participation thing in the mail containing Karma which almost feels like adding insult to injury.

• Like 7
  • Thanks 2

The first three convergences i played work fine. During the 4th (last week) and the 5th (today) i got an error dialog, sounds stop, but i can play on as long as i dont close this dialog. After the convergence back in Vs towers i closed it and game crashes to desktop.

• Haha 1

On 11/17/2023 at 8:03 AM, stuffles.6734 said:

party with someone before you enter convergence, and if you crash you can teleport to a friend on them, IF the map isn't full.

Players should not need to do those kind of things. Anet should fix their bugs, but as long it is not something related to the gem-store, then they are annoyingly slow doing so (if ever).

does the teleport thing actually work? typically the game won't let you teleport to players who are in an instance. 

this crash thing has been happening to a guildie constantly, they are beyond frustrated and pretty much ready to move on from this game. 

I have to admit that the number of bugs is getting to the unfun point for me as well. have to try to keep track of where i can and can't do dailies, what mobs will and won't count for dailies, and what strikes might or might not count.  don't think this new expansion system is all its cracked up to be. 

• Sad 1

if it is the type of crash where you get a pop up window that says the game will close when you close the window do not close the window, just move it off to the side and you can finish the convergence and get your rewards.  I have had this happen 3 times now, first time I closed the window and was booted out and could not get back in.  next 2 times I just left it open until the end. 

• Like 1

On 11/30/2023 at 7:27 AM, Moi.5013 said:

if it is the type of crash where you get a pop up window that says the game will close when you close the window do not close the window, just move it off to the side and you can finish the convergence and get your rewards.  I have had this happen 3 times now, first time I closed the window and was booted out and could not get back in.  next 2 times I just left it open until the end. 

Yeah, I just got kicked out of the game because of a crash, but I shouldn't have closed the window. What a wonderful thing. A crash that is not actually a crash until you manually click it.

Wasted 20 minutes, which I was having fun chatting with people while battling bosses. The game gave me no way to get back to the instance. I was playing with a friend, and there was never an option to rejoin their instance. Nothing. Just a "kitten you, you're out" feeling that I got from it.

• Sad 1

I stopped playing convergence due to the amount of AFK players sitting on Zoja every time going in there.  I am good with doing new content, but not going to support afk farmers, let the convergence die and that will fix the crashing when less people are in there.   Afk farmers will stop going in there and the instances will be more stable.

• Confused 1

18 hours ago, Maris.3164 said:

It happens to me when the final lieutenant in a zone is killed and the general spawns. Has happened 3 times now in total. Makes me not want to move from the middle zone with Zojja in fear of a crash.

i think that it's the same thing who happen to mee too today. Was on south west zone (for information). Last lieutenant killed before the general and got a crash.
Funny i was saying to join tag to combe back if crash or deconnexion and of course crash happen to me. (zone full when i tried to joing with tp to friend).

It's the second or third crash happen in public. I think that i will go more to private to avoid problem like that.

Edited by Valaraukar.7652

• 2 weeks later...

Hey, just want to say this is still happening. Crashed when the northeast island defeated the last lieutenant to spawn the general, couldn't get back in. Massive waste of time since all of the rewards are only granted for being present when the final boss goes down.

If this issue can't be fixed to let you back in when you restart your client, then the events should at least give you something substantial for completing parts of it, so it's not a complete waste of time.

• 2 months later...

With the latest update (27.02.2024) the crashes are back at my pc. The last big update several months ago got the crashes too, then it was fixed (i guess by an update) and now the crashes are back. Convergences are a waste of time with this issue.

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

The advice to join a party/squad doesn't help since public usually has a queue of people trying to instance swap, if you crash you're immediately replaced. The instance also locks after a certain point, like Dragon's Stand (that one's a real rage inducing one to crash during.) I haven't had issues with Convergences specifically, but it would be nice if more events like that would give players a couple minutes grace period to reconnect to their last instance. EoD seemed to do that?

• Sad 1