Stealth hate

agnlaa.7594

Congratulations! You just died to a thief in PvP or WvW and now you're coming to make a new thread about how awful and unfair stealth is, ignoring the 27261 that exist already.

Allow me to offer my condolences. Contrary to what you probably want to type in all caps (with many typos caused by your rage) thieves aren't actually OP, the class just has different tools and approaches to fights. I know that might be confusing if all you play is rifle mech/LB ranger/necro and are accustomed to accomplishing things with zero effort or thought, but class diversity is a good thing actually.

If you still insist thief is godmode, please feel free to play one and show us all your 100:0 kdr. Or just leave a confused react to show your frustration and know that for every one I get, I'll go gank someone just for you ❤️

Sincerely,

your local toxic thief girl 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 8
  • Haha 3
  • Confused 7
  • Sad 2

33 minutes ago, agnlaa.7594 said:

Congratulations! You just died to a thief in PvP or WvW and now you're coming to make a new thread about how awful and unfair stealth is, ignoring the 27261 that exist already.

Allow me to offer my condolences. Contrary to what you probably want to type in all caps (with many typos caused by your rage) thieves aren't actually OP, the class just has different tools and approaches to fights. I know that might be confusing if all you play is rifle mech/LB ranger/necro and are accustomed to accomplishing things with zero effort or thought, but class diversity is a good thing actually.

If you still insist thief is godmode, please feel free to play one and show us all your 100:0 kdr. Or just leave a confused react to show your frustration and know that for every one I get, I'll go gank someone just for you ❤️

Sincerely,

your local toxic thief girl 

*whip crack*

Get 'I'm!

Why are you not on my FL yet?! 

• Haha 1
  • Confused 2

1 minute ago, Lithril Ashwalker.6230 said:

Why are you not on my FL yet?! 

I normally keep to myself and my small circle of friends, despite how abrasive this post is. That said, I was briefly in ECK a couple years ago before life got crazy and I uh... quit every guild and discord and disappeared until a couple months ago. But now I am back and spending most my time being as obnoxious as I can to enemy players in WvW.

• Like 4
  • Confused 2
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, agnlaa.7594 said:

I normally keep to myself and my small circle of friends, despite how abrasive this post is. That said, I was briefly in ECK a couple years ago before life got crazy and I uh... quit every guild and discord and disappeared until a couple months ago. But now I am back and spending most my time being as obnoxious as I can to enemy players in WvW.

And swatting flies on forums. I got a good chuckle on this one

• Like 3
  • Confused 2

16 hours ago, agnlaa.7594 said:

I mean I don't blame you. I got more salt than the Atlantic as a thief main. 

• Like 2

It's definitely not just a GW2 thing. I've seen it for 2 decades, first in MUDs and then MMOs. People who run straight into fights get big mad that thief/rogue classes sneak in. It's honestly really boring and obnoxious seeing every discussion of thief turn into people hyperbolize and try to homogenize the archetype instead of analyzing their own gameplay.

And no, I don't think GW2 stealth is ridiculous in the slightest. Most the game agreeing with that statement doesn't make it correct, it makes it a popular sentiment. Most the playerbase is going to be average, and average players are going to lose against good players most the time. I think a major problem here is perspective - Bad thieves lose fights, good thieves win them, average thieves escape. I see a lot of people rage about thieves escaping as if that's a loss for them, but it's objectively not. A loss is getting killed, the thief escaping with the non-thief alive is a draw.

Also, I don't solely play thief, so I know how fighting thieves is as other classes. It requires care and thought and good reactions, which makes it fun to me. I genuinely don't understand why people want to just have easy wins, seems like a skill issue.

• Like 2
  • Confused 2
  • Sad 1

Stealth is annoying to fight against because it removes the player from targeted interaction until they decide they want to rejoin. 
Mobility is hated because similarly you can disengage from a fight and reset when you wish and basically dictate if you want to lose or not. 

Thief combines the two. And that's why people hate Thief. And people won't stop hating Thief. We're just lucky to be in a sandbox right now where Thief no longer does 30k damage backstabs. That era was a nightmare. 

Edited by Yasai.3549
  • Like 2
  • Confused 1

Again, the class has a different playstyle than simply rushing in (which would be really stupid on a class with low health) and that makes people who want to rush in carelessly mad. I recognize why they're mad, I just want them to get good or stay mad. I'm gonna stay toxic 💜

• Haha 1
  • Confused 2
  • Sad 1

55 minutes ago, Eugenides.1274 said:

I wouldn't say thief is OP but I think most are in agreement that GW2's implementation of stealth is kind of ridiculous, no? I would welcome a stealth rework if it comes alongside a thief overhaul.

I have played many a mmos. Gw2 stealth is no where the level of "annoying" as other games. 

Different playstyles for different people. We should embrace variability. That, imo, is what gives a game great longevity.

• Thanks 3
  • Confused 3
  • Sad 1

(In the Past - when I was new to the game and saw the mechanics of stealth from the Thief profession)

Me: Huh? Where is that assassin now? Oh no. I-I have no clues where he is. I don't see his traces. Darn it. Where?Where? *Shocked and faints*

(In the Present - when I comprehend how the stealth works)

Me: Come out! Come out! Where are you hiding? *Tracks the Hidden one down with Area of Effect capabilities while learning his whereabouts with my instinct  and prepares to avoid his incoming strike from the shadow with the defensive maneuvers*

• Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

11 hours ago, Shade.8971 said:

I have played many a mmos. Gw2 stealth is no where the level of "annoying" as other games. 

Different playstyles for different people. We should embrace variability. That, imo, is what gives a game great longevity.

well many other mmos had tradeoffs for being stealth, be it lower movement speed/footsteps shown if running/detect if close enough/dmg,dot breaks it

Edited by Dopamine.6324
  • Like 1
  • Confused 1

4 hours ago, Dopamine.6324 said:

well many other mmos had tradeoffs for being stealth, be it lower movement speed/footsteps shown if running/detect if close enough/dmg,dot breaks it

There are trade offs.

Thief gets high access to stealth and mobility. But lacks any amount of staying power, static/passive defenses, sustain, and is punished far more brutally for mistakes. Stealth is broken if you land an attack, and your weapon skills reveal your location.

Stealth is hardly the most busted thing in this game. Where you have a class with the ability to be invulnerable for several seconds at a time while being able to fight. A class that can break your target lock on a whim by Bouncing between clones. A class that spams blocks for just breathing. And a class that can annoy you with a pet that you can't get rid of. And a class that has two health bars for you to blow through.

Edited by Leo Schrodingers Cat.2497
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

16 hours ago, agnlaa.7594 said:

And no, I don't think GW2 stealth is ridiculous in the slightest

4 minutes ago, Leo Schrodingers Cat.2497 said:

There are trade offs.

Thief gets high access to stealth and mobility. But lacks any amount of staying power, static/passive defenses, sustain, and is punished far more brutally for mistakes.

Sure, also boons and conditions aren't destroying this game at all. /s
Teef to get punished needs to make all possible mistakes in encounter, everyone else doesn't have such luxury.
Can reset fights constantly, can sit in stealth for hours, has a very soft counter via 1.5k range weapons and low ping, can still stealth under "Marked" buff, not broken at all.
Teef mains... ( ͡ಥ ͜ʖ ͡ಥ)

• Like 1
  • Confused 3

17 hours ago, Eugenides.1274 said:

I wouldn't say thief is OP but I think most are in agreement that GW2's implementation of stealth is kind of ridiculous, no? I would welcome a stealth rework if it comes alongside a thief overhaul.

No. It's one of the more trackable and interruptible modes of stealth and stealth application but not many people bother to do either before screeching on the forums about dropped targets and mobility and somehow everything else that thieves can apparently build to do all at the same time. 

People really out in these threads sniveling about multiple step weapon combos that eat up resource pools and telegraph every step of the way and then have no shame when they say that pistol 5 black powder should be deleted with nothing in return. What games are people playing that they call GW2 stealth hard mode? People need to remember that thieves signature forms of defense still allow full Damage and Control to connect from little to moderate effort before talking about how much they aren't punished. 

Having a target fully drop visibly and having to find them again is annoying, I'll give people that. I'd be down for some kind of tell that doesn't totally give someone away but still gives the opponent like a trajectory indicator or proximity opacity fade.

Edited by kash.9213
  • Like 1
  • Sad 1

30 minutes ago, TrollingDemigod.3041 said:

Sure, also boons and conditions aren't destroying this game at all. /s
Teef to get punished needs to make all possible mistakes in encounter, everyone else doesn't have such luxury.
Can reset fights constantly, can sit in stealth for hours, has a very soft counter via 1.5k range weapons and low ping, can still stealth under "Marked" buff, not broken at all.
Teef mains... ( ͡ಥ ͜ʖ ͡ಥ)

right...but longbow ranger out ranges the rifle deadeye by a longshot, no one takes it, but Signet of the Hunt makes it unblockable, reveal kills thief abusing stealth. the only reasons stealth exists is for repositioning and burst via stealth attacks. take it away and its a wanna be naru-weeb. not to mention if thief didnt have stealth why would any other class have access to it?

1 minute ago, kash.9213 said:

No. It's one of the more trackable and interruptible modes of stealth and stealth application but not many people bother to do either before screeching on the forums about dropped targets and mobility and somehow everything else that thieves can apparently build to do all at the same time. 

People really out in these threads sniveling about multiple step weapon combos that eat up resource pools and telegraph every step of the way and then have no shame when they say that pistol 5 black powder should be deleted with nothing in return. People need to remember that thieves signature forms of defense still allow full Damage and Control to connect from little to moderate effort before talking about how much they aren't punished. 

Having a target fully drop visibly and having to find them again is annoying, I'll give people that. I'd be down for some kind of tell that doesn't totally give someone away but still gives the opponent like a trajectory indicator or proximity opacity fade.

i know right?! if im alone in wvw/pvp and i saw a red name not but 900 units from me, no one else...then it disappears...common sense says im gonna get a kitten backstab or a stealth attack in my back...but which one. after you determine which one you can counter the weapon set they use and can relatively guess how much initiative they have left. from there its a guessing and waiting game for baiting out their dodges! if its a dash-devil...chill,immobe,cripple the bastards and then lay on pressure forcing their dodges...after that they are sitting ducks.

Hello, OP. While you have made a clear, concise and valid argument against anti-stealth sentiment, I regret to inform you that I am terrible at everything in this game and expect anet to make you a free kill lest I stop draining my dad's infinite money card into this game for a few weeks. Eventually my obnoxious anti-stealth spam will prompt them to nerf thief yet again and you will have to deal with it. This could have all been avoided if you just stayed still and let me kill you.

Love, Terribad-Senpai.

• Haha 7
  • Sad 1

17 hours ago, Dopamine.6324 said:

and mostly is infinite, as long as it doesnt break by mechanic or by attacking. The tradeoff in GW2 for having real invisibility instead of common stealth is the duration. You are free to argue if that is fair, but ita not like there is no tradeoff in comparison to other games

• Thanks 2

I never understood it. Coming from a TF2 spy main, thief was always pretty tame in comparison. Imagine half a team getting wiped in seconds because they were all grouped in front of you. 

Plus I even mentioned it like a dozen times the several tricks and methods to counter stealthed targets, yet the same people tend to take it with a grain of salt. If not ignore it completely.

Edited by cyberzombie.7348