Racial mounts would be nice.

Tiviana.2650

On 11/16/2023 at 11:16 AM, Zebulous.2934 said:

The pogo stick is an interesting idea.

I was always for a bicycle.

Whenever I suggest it in wvw, people agree that it'd be cool to ride on bicycles instead of warclaws. There have to bee different type of bicyles.
I'd like a high wheel for my Charr. And a children's bike with fringes for my Asura.

1 hour ago, Lucy.3728 said:

I was always for a bicycle.

Whenever I suggest it in wvw, people agree that it'd be cool to ride on bicycles instead of warclaws. There have to bee different type of bicyles.
I'd like a high wheel for my Charr. And a children's bike with fringes for my Asura.

Here comes the siege bike! *Plingpling*

I'm down for this actually. Or maybe a bike as one of those movement novelties, like the witch's broom or magic carpet.

On 11/15/2023 at 7:34 PM, Tiviana.2650 said:

I have an idea you could add racial mounts to the game. We could do a story and collection to get our race mount. I never understood why we dont have them. Im not talking reskinned skins i mean real mounts. Like for Norn the mount could be a bear , for Charr a devourer or charr car/tank, asura could get a golem they ride inside or cube, sylvari a butterfly or lightning bug or maybe a flower , humans i think its time for a horse, or even a warg. I think it would be nice to have mounts pertaining to where we come from

I would agree with this on the stipulation the the racial mounts have no real performance difference and they be purely cosmetic compared to the other racial mounts, and they must also be such that performance wise they are not really viable compared to regular mounts. Racial skills are pointless, and so must racial mounts be. Otherwise, everyone would play the same race.

• Like 2

On 11/16/2023 at 4:34 PM, evilcat.6817 said:

I would be fine with reskins, like dressing jackal as sylvari hound. Or making charr mech suits from springer. Also bears, we need more bears. BEARS!

See thats what im talking about, im not asking for new mount specials just racial mounts we can earn in game. Whats wrong with that? they can reuse the normal mounts abilities thats fine, dont need new ones. But the look should be racial themed , Norns are big on bears and a bear mount would be awesome for them. Like you said reuse the ability from one of the mounts already in game. And no i dont want another whip out the credit card mount, this game needs more stuff to earn in it.

• Like 1
  • Confused 4

23 minutes ago, Tiviana.2650 said:

See thats what im talking about, im not asking for new mount specials just racial mounts we can earn in game. Whats wrong with that? they can reuse the normal mounts abilities thats fine, dont need new ones. But the look should be racial themed , Norns are big on bears and a bear mount would be awesome for them. Like you said reuse the ability from one of the mounts already in game. And no i dont want another whip out the credit card mount, this game needs more stuff to earn in it.

But they wouldn't really be racial mounts unless they are locked by the race of the character riding them?  Might as just well say that we want bear mount skin or fern hound skin.  It doesn't have to necessarily be tied to race.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

On 11/18/2023 at 1:36 PM, kharmin.7683 said:

But they wouldn't really be racial mounts unless they are locked by the race of the character riding them?  Might as just well say that we want bear mount skin or fern hound skin.  It doesn't have to necessarily be tied to race.

Yes let them be locked to race, imo thats what a race mount is. It would also generate interest in playing more races than human female meta.

• Like 1
  • Confused 4

You know the whole race locked thing is hypocrisy right? I mean we have cultural armor etc that can only be used by that specific race. And in a game like fashion wars thats heresy! So the whole we dont believe in locking things behind race , just goes out the window. 

You can downvote what i said but its true, they are locking things behind race so meh. 

Edited by Tiviana.2650
  • Like 1
  • Confused 6
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, Tiviana.2650 said:

You know the whole race locked thing is hypocrisy right? I mean we have cultural armor etc that can only be used by that specific race. And in a game like fashion wars thats heresy! So the whole we dont believe in locking things behind race , just goes out the window. 

You can downvote what i said but its true, they are locking things behind race so meh. 

Yes and nearly all of them are relics from the start of the game. How many race locked items have been added later? I can currently only think of three and that are the charr helmets from the IBS.

In the end it just comes down to the question, if the additional work to create more different skins that can only be used by one race would bring more profit. My guess is on no, otherwise we would have seen more race locked items in the last years.

• Like 2

I wish to contribute to the Charr racial mount skin pack

Skyscale: Charr helicopter

Griffon: Charr jetpack (has wings too)

Siege Turtle: Charr war machine

Raptor: Charr motorcycle

Beetle: Charr unicycle

Springer: Charr two-legged mech (think a Charr sitting on ED-209 of Robocop fame)

Warclaw: Charr ATV

Skimmer: Charr minisubmarine

• Thanks 1

Eh the original flame kissed armor set (light armor) was an altered version of tier 3 human cultural armor, instead of being a varient of the feathered armor.

For three months all of the races were able to wear a flaming version of the human exclusive sorcerer's armor set.

Some people complained so the devs replaced it with the current version.

This does seem to show that racial exclusives are unnecessary from a technical standpoint.  I would guess that racial exclusives were meant to be an incentive for players to start new characters inorder to complete collections.

18 hours ago, Tiviana.2650 said:

Tense matters. They locked  cultural armor (more than a decade ago) is past tense. They have avoided that option, with very few exceptions, since. "Are locking," is a present tense and so is inaccurate.

Edited by Ashen.2907
  • Thanks 1

On 11/18/2023 at 2:12 PM, Tiviana.2650 said:

See thats what im talking about, im not asking for new mount specials just racial mounts we can earn in game. Whats wrong with that? they can reuse the normal mounts abilities thats fine, dont need new ones

So, just to clarify, you want mount skins that are arbitrarily locked to 1 of 5 races?

19 hours ago, Tiviana.2650 said:

When was the last time they added a race locked cosmetic to the game?

They also have dungeons in the game and yet they didn't add a new one for how many years now? What about DRMS? They have 9 professions, one of which was added with expansion and yet... after that they didn't add any new one. Nothing about "they did it in the past, but don't want to do it anymore" is somehow hypocritical.

I don't feel the need for what you're proposing. If I have a choice to get a mount skin I can use on all of my characters OR get a mount skin I can use on a tiny selection of my characters based on the character creation decision I made who-knows-how-long ago, I know which one I'm getting. And it's not the one you want, if that wasn't clear.

• Thanks 2
  • Confused 1