WvW Update: Guild Hall Arenas and World Restructuring Beta

Rubi Bayer.8493

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Really hoping Anet comes through on this. WvW has be NEGLECTED for so long. and NOWWWWW we can't even glide? Because of a glider they added to the gemstore broke it. So instead of removing it temporarily from the game, they punish WvW?

Great gaming experience. At the reset we only had a small queue for the eternal ones. We were overrun on the other maps. Now in the morning we're outnumbered again and have a huge enemy blob. Maybe it will get better, but I don't think so. I don't see any "known" guild tags either. I must have landed on a dead server. 
Next time I'll look for an alliance. But for casual players, WvW will no longer be an enjoyable experience.    

• Like 3

I hate the whole idea of  'Alliances' I like the community server I joined, I don't want to be forced into joining a guild I have no interest in being a part of. I wont be playing WvW till it returns to normal.

• Like 1

So many NOT Resolved Known Issue , Puh!
A large number of players write that they are still not assigned to the right team. I am one of them. Nothing happens except that the theread is marked as (Resolved). This is a joke!
They have been trying to assign players to a team for 3 years now and the people in charge really can't sugarcoat the result anymore. If the central functionality fails in a game based on team play, then that's fatal! Since the first beta three years ago, it has obviously not been possible to get the basic functions to work. I'm very worried that the planned restructuring of WvW will lead to a huge exodus of players. Who wants to play WvW if you have to reckon with a 4-week forced break because you've once again ended up in someone else's team?

• Like 3
  • Confused 1

12 hours ago, Smartyy.5748 said:

Great gaming experience. At the reset we only had a small queue for the eternal ones. We were overrun on the other maps. Now in the morning we're outnumbered again and have a huge enemy blob. Maybe it will get better, but I don't think so. I don't see any "known" guild tags either. I must have landed on a dead server. 
Next time I'll look for an alliance. But for casual players, WvW will no longer be an enjoyable experience.    

The reason you didn't see known tags is because many players from those guilds are in Alliances, aka, a new mega guild.

I had the same experience, been playing for a long time and suddenly, obviously comped groups running thick with tags never seen before.

The tags are one thing and was always going to be the case, but being placed on alien servers to that of other members of your guild/alliance is just total garbage still and add to that now we have all manner of language issues to contend with - just a hot mess going nowhere fast and I too think WvW will see a decline rather than an uptick in new blood, its just a mess.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, jojo.1940 said:

So many NOT Resolved Known Issue , Puh!
A large number of players write that they are still not assigned to the right team. I am one of them. Nothing happens except that the theread is marked as (Resolved). This is a joke!
They have been trying to assign players to a team for 3 years now and the people in charge really can't sugarcoat the result anymore. If the central functionality fails in a game based on team play, then that's fatal! Since the first beta three years ago, it has obviously not been possible to get the basic functions to work. I'm very worried that the planned restructuring of WvW will lead to a huge exodus of players. Who wants to play WvW if you have to reckon with a 4-week forced break because you've once again ended up in someone else's team?

Agreed. I opened a ticket and got the same copy and paste of an unrelated issue that was resolved. Doesn't seem like Anet as even acknowledged the issue of people being assigned to the wrong team or that they're working on it. Very disappointing. 

1 hour ago, Xironeous.2706 said:

Agreed. I opened a ticket and got the same copy and paste of an unrelated issue that was resolved. Doesn't seem like Anet as even acknowledged the issue of people being assigned to the wrong team or that they're working on it. Very disappointing. 

Well I mean it's saturday and they don't usually work weekends, so wouldn't expect anything until monday and even then...

Best people could hope for is they squash the sorting bugs quickly and maybe rerun world creation during the week, but I'm sure that will be held off until next friday..

This is why it's always a bad idea to push changes on a friday night, especially one of this magnitude, and their communication is abysmal as usual... 🤷‍♂️

Edited by XenesisII.1540

The balancing is horrendous on Griffonfall, Skrittsburgh, and Seven Pines WvW server.  Griffonfall has Maguuma server levels of population at all times, Seven Pines is veryy actrive and Skrittsburgh has horrendously low active population at all times of day compared to the other two. In the current skirmish scores are Griffonfalls at 2,455. Seven Pines is at 1,822 and Skrittsburgh is at 1,267. Seven Pines and Griffonfall are just running all over Skrittsburgh.  Skrittsburgh should not be in this pairing at all, its horrendously balanced and is killing this weeks WvW fun for Skrittsburgh players.

If this is the future of Wvw don't do alliances, at least with the current system tier 4 population servers aren't being pitted against tier 1s.

Edited by Phasma Phasmatis.4305
  • Like 1

I think what's happening is Skrittsburgh (and a few other servers in that match) was the dumping ground of all the players who bugged out and got placed on that team instead of their guild's team.  So it's now being emptied out as Anet corrects the issue.

Please stop this and give us back our servers teams - I have lost players and routines to log and play with peoples. Some of us never wanted to commit to a WvW guild but still enjoyed the hours with our servers team - Players i have known for years.... 

it s not the same dynamics- more random and less enjoyable!!

• Far Shiverpeaks (EN), Dzagonur (DE)      Please bring back !!

• Like 3
  • Confused 1

On 1/13/2024 at 5:45 PM, blade.3850 said:

I hate the whole idea of  'Alliances' I like the community server I joined, I don't want to be forced into joining a guild I have no interest in being a part of. I wont be playing WvW till it returns to normal.

Who is forcing you to join guild you have no interest in being a part of? 

Hi I would just like to say this wvw is terrible give us back our servers, first time i have ever posted and have played wvw from the start, also give everyone a fair go and and bring back alpine border lands for all as whoever gets desert bl is hindered strait away.

• Like 3

Not sure if this is the place to voice my opinion of the Restructuring Beta, sorry in advance.  This has been the worst 3 weeks for my guild. We have not been able to fit but 15-20 of our squad in a single map during reset.  The queues are long and we never get the whole guild in for the first few hours of reset.  Keep things the way they are. 

• Like 2