today was a good day. for wizard vault

in todays topic we will discuss the wizards vault for the period of 11/26-11/27

in this wizards vault, there was only 1 stupid option that i didnt care to do becaues it takes an eternity (Play an activity) so i just skipped it and got the magic treasure anyways

this is how the wizard vault should be

on other, less fun, more stupid days, it will contain not only an activity, but also some other dumb objective that takes forever, and i cant get the magic treasure if i skip both

those are my thoughts on this wizard vault

Edited by bossdonut.1938
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 13
  • Sad 1

4 minutes ago, Sobx.1758 said:

Maybe you should just make a "WV objectives bad!!" blog instead of repeating same thread over and over again. If you don't like an objective because it's not instantly finished then don't do it. Hopefully anet doesn't care about your instant gratification itch.

At this point Anet should get a merged thread for people to complain about WV Daily options that take longer than 30 seconds and may take as much time as some of the old dailies.

• Like 4

17 minutes ago, Sobx.1758 said:

Maybe you should just make a "WV objectives bad!!" blog instead of repeating same thread over and over again. If you don't like an objective because it's not instantly finished then don't do it. Hopefully anet doesn't care about your instant gratification itch.

do you know of any good blog posting sites

that way i can just link directly to my blog instead of having to type my thoughts in 2 spots.

• Confused 13

My complaint isn't that the daily activities take some amount of time, my complaint is that it is something that pretty much no one ever does unless it is a daily.  I don't mind spending 5 minutes doing some daily I find interesting - the activities are almost never that situation.  Most of the weeklies take some amount of time - doing 3 bounties is probably going to take me more than 5 minutes, but at least it is interesting content so I don't mind doing it.

I remember I did one of the activities when it wasn't a daily (completing it was showing up on my 'almost completed' panel, so I decided I'd just finish it out).  I was the only person in that activity (easy first place).

Does anyone actually enjoy the activities and play them if they are not a daily?

• Like 1
  • Confused 4

1 minute ago, Solvar.7953 said:

Does anyone actually enjoy the activities and play them if they are not a daily?

No. Especially the Southsun Survival (is that the right name?) activity. I wandered off looking for plants to restore health, and won. Wow, was that fun. At least doing them awards some AP for me, since I'd never bothered with them in the past.

Anet, more variety please?

Doing an activity such as Crab Toss: time to complete = 30 seconds to 5 minutes, depending on the state of the timer when you enter.
Posting a complant about doing an activity: time to complete = 30 seconds to 5 minutes, depending on whether you bother with grammar, punctuation, spelling.

• Like 3
  • Haha 2

Activity: 1sec-to-7min of semi-afk (if u r really unlucky as the 1st person entering scramble and didn't then exit to do other things)

Alternative new idea that anet comes up with that has a similar niche: something stupider that is less universally accessible and makes ppl hate you

Btw ty to the people who complained that starter zone bosses were too easy. Now they are 10x beefier and 10^2 x more boring. And still as worthless.

Edited by casualkenny.9817
  • Like 1

9 hours ago, bossdonut.1938 said:

some wizard vault activities such as use combos or ID 10 items can take upwards of 5 seconds.

thanks for commenting

Activities = Keg Brawl, Crab Toss, Sanctum Sprint, Southsun Survival

You talked about the Activity objective being "stupid", and that's what people commented on. Now, all of as sudden, you use the word "activity" as a substitute for "objective". :classic_huh:

• Confused 1

12 minutes ago, Ashantara.8731 said:

Activities = Keg Brawl, Crab Toss, Sanctum Sprint, Southsun Survival

You talked about the Activity objective being "stupid", and that's what people commented on. Now, all of as sudden, you use the word "activity" as a substitute for "objective". :classic_huh:

hey good catch yes activity i mean in that post, the objectives. the actual activity where you play an event for X minutes is the one i dont like you are correct.

• Haha 1
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

Provided I can earn enough points to unlock everything in the vault by the end of the season, even with missing a few days or objectives, I don't really mind.

Once everything is unlocked it's up to me if I want to tryhard some of the less desirable objectives to farm a bit more gold at the end of the season.

What isn't acceptable to me is broken/bugged objectives that cannot be completed, if I want to 100% every possible point of AA each season, I should be able to do so.

Edited by Remus Darkblight.1673
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Well, I will add my nickle to this conversation.

I think, I know nobody cares what I think 🙂, but I think the devs need to add one more choice type.

I will tell you why.

I am such a stupid klutz that I am ashamed to play with others, and did I say I am shy,.

I don't mind at all killing a 100 of something, heck, I would not mind doubling or tripling the amount.

Give me things I can do myself so I don't get kicked out of every team there is 🙂

Let me count on my fingers the types of things Lonewolfs cannot do.

Strikes, Dungeons, Fractals, Bounties and Mini dungeons...there are some mini-dungeons I can do solo, but, those never show up on the list.

Four definite things, and one maybe.

If you get three of these four biggies and one maybe, in the same daily/weekly, no magic treasure chest for you.

For me, my problem only, I have major problems with rifts.  I have troubles finding them so I have not finished SOTO...needless to say, rift requirements do not always get done by me.

So, if the devs added one item to both daily and weekly (especially weekly) the odds are more in favor of Lonewolfs and players who can't find the time to team because of life, getting the magic treasure chest.

OK, I threw my idea out there 🙂

• Like 1
  • Confused 3

15 hours ago, Sobx.1758 said:

I don't have an instant gratification itch...I would not mind spending hours on one objective as long as I could actually do it .

• Confused 2

7 hours ago, bossdonut.1938 said:

whos mad? im asking to have the longer ones taken off the same rotation. or even better, removed entirely

Clearly you. You're bothered enough by an objective that literally takes 5 minutes or less to finish (which is apparently an eternity to lazy people) that you've made a post that does nothing but complain about it. You're acting like the activity daily takes an entire day to complete. It's childish.