FSP vs WSR - something must be wrong with the matchup system?

erKo.9586

23 hours ago, Phobos.9736 said:

And props to Anet for the concept to do the relink every 4 weeks. cash income is rising. 

They would still 'profit' if it was 8 weeks long, especially with these links.

Alt accounts and mains transferring, even switching to overstacked links/hosts, for a chance of content, when there's a chance of getting another bad relink. No wonder most of the playerbase is less skilled, cause some people switch accounts to farm kills, a few have alts on servers, who needs players quality or quantity wise at least.

This shouldn't be a thing though. Playing for the enemy server or playing in so many communities, should be minimal.

However, both are to blame. (the linking system and the players)

Edited by CrimsonOneThree.5682

After relink, Anet just shuffle a bag with all the servers/linked servers innit.. And then just throw what ever servers into what ever tiers.. Surely ppl don't think there is anything more to it, then that do it they? U don't really think they got algorithm's for this stuff do ya? 😅

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Boh.4568 said:

Come to T1 we have cotton candy and free kittens here 🙂

The sad thing is that WSR won't even reach T1 to challenge FoW before the next relink. 🤣

In the meantime they will be destroying to morale and motivation of every other server in WvW on their way up and make players perma-quit the game!

• Like 2

8 hours ago, Neukku.5713 said:

The fact fsp cant win fights that are 3:1 tell us everything about mu. Also we havent seen a single fsp squad with less than 50 players, meaning you guys cant do anything without tag. Sound about skill issue more than anything else.

To give some clarity here, this is the major issue with WvW... When all the "good" players bandwagoned to WSR and FoW, how do you expect ignorant "I just got home from my 8-5 slave job and finished feeding the zoo of kids after bringing some order to the nest and paying bills" mostly casual pugs to fight these servers?

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

45 minutes ago, Hellbound.5610 said:

To give some clarity here, this is the major issue with WvW... When all the "good" players bandwagoned to WSR and FoW, how do you expect ignorant "I just got home from my 8-5 slave job and finished feeding the zoo of kids after bringing some order to the nest and paying bills" mostly casual pugs to fight these servers?

If there was a top 10 world list of ”amount of meta built dodge jumping elite specs whispering stupid things to casual pugs just because they can’t handle getting killed by them” WSR would probably win it, true.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 3

3 hours ago, Hellbound.5610 said:

No, they were not. The population for WSR lowered AFTER the relink. This is very clear on gw2mists.

Can you show us the transfers on the graph, please? Because this would be at least a possibility for your theory. In fact it isn't because WSR population didn't change around that time.
At least not in the numbers bringing them from Full to Very High.

From August to 28th of November the numbers are:
From WSR > 19
To WSR > 18

With the typical "gambling" of those activity statistics we get a pretty clear picture. You can basically see how WSR activity is dropping in the weeks closer to relink.

I don't know if I'm right, but I'm pretty sure your theory is wrong.
Transfers

1 hour ago, SirCrankR.5216 said:

After they didn't play properly for a few weeks. Why else do you they kept dropping tiers before relink ... sudden skill issues? 🤣

WSR dropped tiers before getting a link because they simply did not have the coverage, ie. they were not stacked. Hence the eventual population reduction.

18 minutes ago, diomache.9246 said:

With the typical "gambling" of those activity statistics we get a pretty clear picture. You can basically see how WSR activity is dropping in the weeks closer to relink.

Transfers

WSR did the same as FSP - they played less in the weeks prior to relinking in order to change status from full and get a link again. The algorithm that determines server status picked that up after the relinks only (or probably more precise: they only updated the status after relinks were done). Funny thing - after WSR opend up to transfers they got a big influx of players again making it even more stacked :D

• Thanks 2

10 minutes ago, diomache.9246 said:

Can you show us the transfers on the graph, please? Because this would be at least a possibility for your theory. In fact it isn't because WSR population didn't change around that time.
At least not in the numbers bringing them from Full to Very High.

From August to 28th of November the numbers are:
From WSR > 19
To WSR > 18

Transfers

You said that WSR was stacked BEFORE the relink, though your own screenshot with data from 2023/10/01 when WSR was "Full" showed that players transferred.

Going back to 2023/07/28 it shows 35 transferring...

And this is only the data we have on gw2mists, which is but a sample. Not everyone playing WvW are registered on the site.

Another indication is that WSR kept dropping tiers until the relink, but as you mentioned, players were playing with alts on other servers.

17 minutes ago, Hellbound.5610 said:

WSR dropped tiers before getting a link because they simply did not have the coverage, ie. they were not stacked. Hence the eventual population reduction.

After going all the way to T1 as an unlinked server. How is that not stacked? Even if they only faced weak ppk opposition all those server should've had better coverage and won by ppt. But they didn't.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, SirCrankR.5216 said:

After going all the way to T1 as an unlinked server. How is that not stacked? Even if they only faced weak ppk opposition all those server should've had better coverage and won by ppt. But they didn't.

The links from end of September were still normalizing, ie. strong servers in T5, weak servers in T1, particularly after the usual post-relink bandwagoning.

Yes, WSR was stacked before the relink. Even with the knowledge that gw2mists isn't accurate there isn't a single indicator that people left the server in masses.

The drop from Anets counting isn't proof. So many server miraculously drop before relinking, because everyone knows when Anet is checking activity. And WSR just tanked their activity. Why I know that, because they have their alts in my matchups.

I don't really know if you are just ignorant or naive or just a "but my WSR server is dead - dude".

• Like 3
  • Confused 1

1 minute ago, Sonderm.4639 said:

According to the just updated server status, the server linkings participating in the matchup went from very high/medium (WSR/VS), very high/medium (FSP/Dza) and full (RS) before relinks to the current status of full/medium, medium/medium and very high respectively.

Haha did FSP literally skip a step?