Bonus Event Shouldn't Require Icebrood Saga For Full Completion

Avandor.7256

After doing all the dungeons in core Tyria for the Bonus Event: Dungeon Rush, I was disappointed to discover that the final achievement I needed, for Dragon Response Missions, requires Icebrood Saga.
I think it's poor form to give a quest to every single player that has components of it that require the purchase of side content.

• Like 4
  • Confused 5
  • Sad 2

28 minutes ago, Healix.5819 said:

You want them to hide it if you don't have it? It's just a minor bonus that isn't required for completion, and these achievements are wiped after the event, so you're not missing anything.

That's not what I said.
I said it's poor form to throw an event for all players where one of the locations is a place a percentage of players cannot get to, and may not even realize (like me) they cannot get there.
However they decide to implement an event that doesn't do such a thing, is really up to them.

27 minutes ago, IAmNotMatthew.1058 said:

You're only missing out on 30 Tales if you have no accesss to DRMs, which is less than even the simplest dungeon wing. 

I believe the final tier reward is a cape cosmetic.

1 hour ago, DanAlcedo.3281 said:

From a money making standpoint, it's pretty smart tho. 

Yes I imagine this is the reason

• Confused 6

21 minutes ago, Avandor.7256 said:

That's not what I said.
I said it's poor form to throw an event for all players where one of the locations is a place a percentage of players cannot get to, and may not even realize (like me) they cannot get there.
However they decide to implement an event that doesn't do such a thing, is really up to them.

Yes I imagine this is the reason

Apparently to get the back item all you got to do is 10 dungeon paths the other are just bonus rewards as Healix.5819 said in this thread.

So try just doing 2 more paths mate.

Edited by Linken.6345
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 2

59 minutes ago, Linken.6345 said:

Dont you lose out on the back item too?

59 minutes ago, Avandor.7256 said:

You can get the cape by just repeating AC story. There are 8 dungeons and 1 DRM, if you needed the achievements to progress the main achievement you'd come up short. I skipped out on Arah and the DRM by just doing AC explorables more.

So, yes, you only miss out on the 30 dungeon currencies.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Linken.6345 said:

probabely but they seem to be wonky with the credit so either be first one into public or run em solo as private.

I didn't realise you could do then same thing multiple times to complete the meta-achievement (I haven't had time to start it yet, I've logged in for about 30 seconds since the event started). If that's the case I wonder if they put the DRMs in as an alternative for the people who can't or won't do anything which requires a group. DRMs seem like a weird choice, but if the intention is to include something as similar as possible to dungeons but designed to be soloable they're the best choice.

(And yes I know some one will bring up the fact that some people can solo dungeons, but the people who can do that are likely to be people who aren't worried about getting a group for dungeons, people who need something they know they can do solo are likely to need something designed to scale to 1 player.)

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

They don't. As mentioned already: You can get the cape with doing the other parts (just do a few more other dungeon paths). This might not be clear at first - since there are a lot of smaller achievements which increase the counter. But even when doing all of them once you'd be only at 9/10. (Meaning ... the achievement has to actually count the DRMs or dungeon paths and not the smaller sub achievements. Doing story mode of one dungeon over an dover should even work to get to the required 10.)

You only miss a few extra dungeon tokens. Small amount compared to what you can get from other source. (Afaik they are also in the tyrian exchange vouchers as an option.) They did a similar thing for the black lion bonus event. (Afaik split and also including expansion mapgs and I think for the best rewards you also needed to have at least access to one or another of the paid maps - story or expansion. But with the jumping puzzles counting differently so people could get completion without doing JPs.)

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Luthan.5236 said:

You only miss a few extra dungeon tokens. Small amount compared to what you can get from other source. (Afaik they are also in the tyrian exchange vouchers as an option.) They did a similar thing for the black lion bonus event. (Afaik split and also including expansion mapgs and I think for the best rewards you also needed to have at least access to one or another of the paid maps - story or expansion. But with the jumping puzzles counting differently so people could get completion without doing JPs.)

The black lion bonus event was even worse since they did not make it so people without expansions could complete the full thing each week.