all the copers have moved to the new fotm, hammer DH [Merged]

Eddie.9143

On 12/20/2023 at 2:01 AM, Sahne.6950 said:

thats a diffrent story and something i could get behind any time XD

Altho i dont feel like Nade scrapper is all that opressive right now...  them nerfing "grenade" was already quite a dent for the nadescrappers.

But its still not healthy that the whole of Engie is basically forced to run nades, just because its sooo much better than anything else they have.  

Powershift wouldnt hurt.

nades are the smallest impact on the dps from a scrapper, and its time we stop pretending it isn't. quickness, superspeed. those, goes. 

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Eddie.9143 said:

lots of confused reacts but also lots of ppl on dh :'O haha

real talk tho... how is DH an issue in FFA with no node, cos traps are a joke in WvW roaming

🤔

Edited by Bunbury.8472
  • Like 2
  • Confused 2

14 minutes ago, Bunbury.8472 said:

real talk tho... how is DH an issue in FFA with no node, cos traps are a joke in WvW roaming

🤔

You can run from them forever but with traps + pillars its hard to duel em straight up

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

On 1/5/2024 at 6:20 PM, Master Ketsu.4569 said:

GW2 can be described as a good PvP game that unfortunately has a short list of mechanics that have zero reason to exist in any competitive format.

What we are seeing is yet another example in the loooooooooooooooooooooong list of examples of the conclusion of Anet nerfing around stupidly designed mechanics instead of fixing them. This actually makes the stupid mechanics stronger since other things have been nerfed, in other words Anets balance decisions result in monkey-mechanics being buffed by neglect since the monkey mechanics are never addressed. The lead devs have proven themselves for whatever reason unable to accept the fact that this is why the PvP game modes never really take off and GW2 PvP remains a niche mode with low population.

One of these badly designed mechanics is that the vast majority of unblockable skills in this game have absolutely no business whatsoever being so, combined with skills that are also unevadeable in addition is a recipe for braindead uninteractive gameplay that is entirely APM based instead of skill. Why bait dodges and blocks when you can just play a build where you press 12345 and it just ignores defensive maneuvers entirely? ook ook ah eee eee eee.

It was really only a matter of time before this terrible balance strategy resulted in a spec whose entire shtick is to spam unblockable/unevadeable combos became meta.

100% this.

It seems like the o.g. devs had such ptsd from having to balance GW1's 1300+ skills that they tried to simplify everything as much as possible, which sounds great for balance on paper but ironically ends up making it even worse since everything ends up being incredibly binary. There just isn't enough design space and there aren't enough knobs to adjust to actually balance things in a reasonable nuanced way. It all just inevitably ends up as this Immovable Object Made out of Bullkitten vs. Unstoppable Force Made out of Bullkitten balace paradigm we have right now. Couple that with a class design/balance philosophy that only seems to apply if the profession hasn't been designated a Protected Class for Morons to Feel Competitive With (Because Lazy and/or Stupid People Spend the Most on Gems and We Can't Risk Alienating Them) and you end up with degenerate, brain-dead kitten like Dragonhunter and Scourge.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 12/30/2023 at 9:12 AM, Kuya.6495 said:

I checked the November 28 patch:

No changes to longbow.  Changes to aegis on trap use aside, the only other thing I could see that helped dh was the buff to hammer (but that's good for all guardian builds) and the new trait redemption which I could see being good on dh since f3 blocks while you can continue to deal damage and regain your health but, once again, people seem to be complaining the most about higher damage and there appear to be no damage buffs specific to dh. 

Why are you looking at one set of notes?

Do you think its reasonable that most of what makes DH so strong, is the position they've been put into because of the meta?

All the MMOS I've played  GW2 is the most Flavor of the Month.
Also a bit of game of thrones, if the builds were characters dying ofif lol
Don't get to comfortable playing a certain way, it will get killed.

• Like 1

On 1/6/2024 at 3:05 AM, Buran.3796 said:

you only need to avoid the F1 to counter the whole plan for the next 20 seconds

I'm not here to complain about DH being broken (I don't think it is)

But

The class has all several skills dealing 8k-ish damage with little to no setup (true shot, hunter ward, test of faith, gs spin hammer bonk depending on what they're running). You don't have to "just dodge F1", you need to just dodge a whole lot of things, a good chunk of which are unblockable too. Even if that wasn't the case, you get to setup your f1 with instacast shield knockback or unblockable deflecting shot, or wait someone to block the spinny traps... and if anything else fails, precast your spear with JI behind a wall, it is much harder to react to than it is to pull it off. Dodging the F1 is the first of very many things I need to do to avoid being curbstomped by all those very highly damaging skills.

Again, I don't really think DH is broken (except the unkillable bunker with relic of the defender, I'm starting to think that relic should never have been released). But it's not this monodimensional super-easy-to-face worthless piece of junk you're trying to sell, and A LOT of people are running guardian rn for this reason.

• Like 5
  • Confused 2

12 hours ago, EnderzShadow.2506 said:

Why are you looking at one set of notes?

Do you think its reasonable that most of what makes DH so strong, is the position they've been put into because of the meta?

All the MMOS I've played  GW2 is the most Flavor of the Month.
Also a bit of game of thrones, if the builds were characters dying ofif lol
Don't get to comfortable playing a certain way, it will get killed.

I was looking at the most recent notes since dh became flavor of the month after the most recent patch.

• Like 1

On 1/6/2024 at 10:05 AM, Buran.3796 said:

I don't understand how people can have troubles with DH...   They removed the stealth runes + quickness and in order to get the burst they need to devote most of their skills to traps, and you only need to avoid the F1 to counter the whole plan for the next 20 seconds. Hasn't been a DH in the MATs for years, and in Conquest I feel like they are entirely overrated (one of those one trick pony builds you can defeat even if the player is more skilled than you). 

are you not going to dodge sword 3, LB2, LB5, Procession of Blades, and Test of Faith? because they all hit like a kitten truck even without f1.

DH gets eaten alive against coordinated team that can easily and fluidly rotate and bring numbers where they become completely helpless because they sacrifice a lot of the utility stunbreaks, and cleanses just to get the traps but the doesn't change the fact that they are extremely strong 1v1 especially against tank sidenoders because they are tanky enough to survive through the bursts from most sidenode duelist, that the lack of utility stunbreaks and cleanse isn't that big of an issue

majority of sPvP is not 5man party queues like mAT, so stop using that as reference.

Edited by BonggangKikay.9576
  • Like 2
  • Confused 1

8 hours ago, BonggangKikay.9576 said:

are you not going to dodge sword 3, LB2, LB5, Procession of Blades, and Test of Faith? because they all hit like a kitten truck even without f1.

The Dragonhunters which do damage, run around with 12k HP. Their whole plan is to burst you before that pity 12K goes to 0, and each time they fail landing a skill, they lose both damage and defensive utilities.

Again: they lost stealth, quickness and overall damage. Wasn't their F1 and True Shots from stealth the may reason people moaned for months despite they had 0 presence in tournaments? Didn't Anet removed stealth from the trapper runes? So, are you not entertained???!!!

• Thanks 2
  • Confused 1

15 minutes ago, Buran.3796 said:

The Dragonhunters which do damage, run around with 12k HP. Their whole plan is to burst you before that pity 12K goes to 0, and each time they fail landing a skill, they lose both damage and defensive utilities.

Again: they lost stealth, quickness and overall damage. Wasn't their F1 and True Shots from stealth the may reason people moaned for months despite they had 0 presence in tournaments? Didn't Anet removed stealth from the trapper runes? So, are you not entertained???!!!

They recently got a rework that makes traps put aegis on them, so they got some compensation for the lack of stealth.

Other than that, its the same old dodgeable thing. 

Edited by Azure The Heartless.3261
  • Thanks 1

Just now, Azure The Heartless.3261 said:

They recently got a rework that makes traps put aegis on them, so they got some compensation for the lack of stealth.

I known, that's why I wrote "each time they fail landing a skill, they lose both damage and defensive utilities". Traps are not instant casting, they are clearly visible and people known what a DH is going to do, so if any have problems with DHs mixing cc and mobility or Judge's Intervention, why they don't bring up stability or skills or boons to mitigate or counter that? 

• Confused 1

23 hours ago, Azure The Heartless.3261 said:

Other than that, its the same old dodgeable thing. 

im just picturing the 12k DH using the aegis to skillfully block critical skills while their opponent just Ws into traps dodging nothing with a full bar of cooldowns not hitting a single skill

🤣🤣🤣

no wonder its a lot of tears

3 skills from holo forge would kill that DH, hammer 2 & an auto attack on core warrior kills them...

but nope people in this forum can't land anything at all...

if you wanna reply & debate me on this, post vod or i will just mock u 😇

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1

@Bunbury.8472 well to be fair it also covers its life with Blocks. Kiting. Blinds and Aegis. Its not too easy as a warr to go though all this stuff ^^. Also most of tha time the best strat against a dh is just let him waste his utilitys and then Attack him. Cause before that it does not makes sence