LFG does not work

Phread.7506

I CANNOT join a group in the LFGH period.  I have tried over 25 times. Raids, strikes, fractals you name it it just does not flippin work.  I join a group and then nothing.  I CANNOT JOIN UP, nohow.  I need to run Crucible of Eternity 5 times to continue on my first leggie.  What am I doing wrong.  This system need a serious overhaul.  I'm so tired of programmers writing code for other programmers, not dummies like me.

Please help me, I'm totally lost

• Confused 4
  • Sad 1

Once you get into the group, are you at the right location for you to get in? ie Mt Maelstrom?

We might need more explanation of what you are seeing. Are you selecting a group from the listing , joinging that party and seeing other members in your top left screen?

I also have to ask, what legendary requires you to run that dungeon 5 times?

Edited by Randulf.7614
  • Like 1

In order to enter dungeons you have to be in teh same map as the person who listed the group. Most likely that will be Lion's Arch, since you can get every single dungeon from there, but tehre are also entrances in the open world. Once you're on the same map as the rest of the party you'll get a requester to join the group. The LFG will not teleport you to the dungeon location. This is why everyone should be entering dungeons from Lion's Arch from this point forward.

9 hours ago, Phread.7506 said:

I need to run Crucible of Eternity 5 times to continue on my first leggie.

dungeons now have all the same tokens and one no longer needs to run a specific one for the gifts

if you successfully join the group itself by seeing the players in the party UI, you just need to be on the same map as the dungeon opener. (does not need to be same IP)

not being able to join the group itself i have only seen for a squad. i think it was caused by turning the squad private -> open to join while it was listed, but that shouldn't matter for dungeons as they require a party instead.

32 minutes ago, bq pd.2148 said:

dungeons now have all the same tokens and one no longer needs to run a specific one for the gifts

Well, actually, there are still requirements at the vendor and the gift for legendary is 5 path completion, if I remember well, it's retroactive so you may not have seen it when they added the requirements when they changed the dungeon tokens

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Phread.7506 said:

I CANNOT join a group in the LFGH period.  I have tried over 25 times. Raids, strikes, fractals you name it it just does not flippin work.  I join a group and then nothing.  I CANNOT JOIN UP, nohow.  I need to run Crucible of Eternity 5 times to continue on my first leggie.  What am I doing wrong.  This system need a serious overhaul.  I'm so tired of programmers writing code for other programmers, not dummies like me.

Do you mean you cannot join the group technically, or "physically" (i.e., enter their instance)?

If you select to join a group or squad and nothing happens, that is usually a server-lag issue. You either wait a bit to allow the server info to catch up, or you manually join via /join or /sqjoin. If you repeatedly click too many times too soon after nothing has happened, it can cause the server to falsely register that you have joined too many groups within a short period of time, leading to the spam block to kick in.

• Confused 2

I  have tried fractals raids, strike missions from in the lobby, outside of the lobby. Just does not work.  I open the LFG find a group and join.  I see the other member's of my party in the top left.  Then nothing happens. I see no invites, no messages, just nothing. I have tried to enter the event, no dice.  I usually end up in the explorable section with no party in sight.  I tried the dungeon last night.  Me and 4 others in Lion's arch.  As soon as it is full I try to enter.  Gatekeeper tells me I need 5 people.  I'm in a group of 5.  I see them inside going on and I'm unable to join.  I went into the explorable section.  I see them doing the dungeon.  I'm totally locked out.  Same with fractals.  This is so kitten frustrating I could scream.  I'm locked out of all group based events.

I need the 5 runs to get the Gen 1 Rifle, the Predator. I only  need to  complete the WvW track (1/2 way there) and these kitten dungeon runs.  That's it, but locked out and cannot complete.  I have enough dungeon currency.  But I cannot get the gift of Knowledge with the currency I have. There is no simple step by step guide on how to join a group that I have found.

Why can't we just have a simple system.  Just go to the lobby, select what fractal, strike ect. and when enough people sign in boot the group right into the event?  No hassle no need for the LFG for Pub runs.  Just leave it for groups of freinds to run events together.

I hope someone can shed some light on this as I'm honestly completly lost. Dumb thought, with the 4 others do I need to reopen the group and reclick to join? That would be kinda dumb  way to do something.  Let me know.

Thank you all for your kind responses, and forgive the terse verbage, I'm terribly frustrated at this point.  Thanks again

• Confused 4
  • Sad 1

That does sound incredibly frustrating.  One possible workaround:  Go into the dungeon solo.  Then post your own lfg (open the social panel, click on lfg, click through to the dungeons > Crucible section, click on Advertise Your Group, write something like "running Crucible for legendary collection, any path" and see who you get.

Or, and this could feel frustrating too, collect 1K Astral Acclaim from dailies/weeklies/specials, and buy the current Legendary Starter Weapon Kit.  Predator is one of the four options, you'll get everything you need but some mats and clovers.  Hopefully the things you have gathered so far will then work to fill that out or go towards another legendary, and you won't regret not being able to get Quip or Bolt or the Moot from the kit.

Completely apart from the LFG issue you're experiencing, but have you considered the Tyrian Exchange Voucher to get your missing tokens?  1 voucher = 300 tokens.

While it may not be the most efficient, at least grinding festivals for the currency (or buy them outright, if you have the coin) to buy the voucher(s) is an alternative... 

https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Tyrian_Exchange_Voucher

1 hour ago, Garrison Storm.3046 said:

Completely apart from the LFG issue you're experiencing, but have you considered the Tyrian Exchange Voucher to get your missing tokens?  1 voucher = 300 tokens.

While it may not be the most efficient, at least grinding festivals for the currency (or buy them outright, if you have the coin) to buy the voucher(s) is an alternative... 

https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Tyrian_Exchange_Voucher

As they said, they don't require the tokens as they already have them. They need the quantitive number of runs

I am baffled what OP is seeing though. There is no gatekeeping involved that I remember. Unless explorable requires the requisite completion of story mode? I am otherwise not understanding how/why they are unable to enter a dungeon is they have a 5 man group.

Edited by Randulf.7614
clarity edit

6 minutes ago, Inculpatus cedo.9234 said:

No.  I created Frostfang and have never done Honor of the Waves.  I created Rodgort and have never set foot in Citadel of Flame.

Then wiki needs correcting if you feel it is wrong, unless you crafted it before it changed to the new requirements when dungeon tokens melded to one currnecy

Edited by Randulf.7614
  • Confused 1

3 minutes ago, Garrison Storm.3046 said:

I also have created Gen1 without having completed the dungeons.

My interpretation of the wiki is that it requires 5 runs of the dungeons to acquire 500 tokens, as this is listed as a "Note" to the cost... 

Could be. It just seems weird each gift specifies running a specific dungeon rather than "any" dungeon to get those 5. It will save the op any further pain if it is wrong

1 minute ago, Inculpatus cedo.9234 said:

Nope, created all, including Frenzy, after the change.  And yes, the Wiki should be updated to clarify those statements about the dungeon runs. 

A mission for you then

Edited by Randulf.7614
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, Inculpatus cedo.9234 said:

Be my guest.  :classic_smile:

I have no proof it is incorrect. You have the anecdotal information to instigate change and believe it to be wrong. Go nuts 😉 

Back to the OP: You can always try to buy the gift and see if it works, but I'm curious to understand this LFG issue. Are you on EU servers? If so, I might be able to help in game ?

Edited by Randulf.7614
  • Like 1
  • Confused 1

2 hours ago, Randulf.7614 said:

I have no proof it is incorrect. You have the anecdotal information to instigate change and believe it to be wrong. Go nuts 😉 

Back to the OP: You can always try to buy the gift and see if it works, but I'm curious to understand this LFG issue. Are you on EU servers? If so, I might be able to help in game ?

Im pretty sure old accounts got grandfathered in and dont need to do anyt dungeons.

On 12/11/2023 at 7:02 PM, Phread.7506 said:

You can’t usually join groups on LFG if you’re in an instance.  Like your home or a story instance of whatever. Is that where you were when trying to add yourself to these groups?

On 12/12/2023 at 8:52 PM, Phread.7506 said:

I  have tried fractals raids, strike missions from in the lobby, outside of the lobby. Just does not work.  I open the LFG find a group and join.  I see the other member's of my party in the top left.  Then nothing happens. I see no invites, no messages, just nothing. I have tried to enter the event, no dice.  I usually end up in the explorable section with no party in sight.  I tried the dungeon last night.  Me and 4 others in Lion's arch.  As soon as it is full I try to enter.  Gatekeeper tells me I need 5 people.  I'm in a group of 5.  I see them inside going on and I'm unable to join.  I went into the explorable section.  I see them doing the dungeon.  I'm totally locked out.  Same with fractals.  This is so kitten frustrating I could scream.  I'm locked out of all group based events.

I need the 5 runs to get the Gen 1 Rifle, the Predator. I only  need to  complete the WvW track (1/2 way there) and these kitten dungeon runs.  That's it, but locked out and cannot complete.  I have enough dungeon currency.  But I cannot get the gift of Knowledge with the currency I have. There is no simple step by step guide on how to join a group that I have found.

Why can't we just have a simple system.  Just go to the lobby, select what fractal, strike ect. and when enough people sign in boot the group right into the event?  No hassle no need for the LFG for Pub runs.  Just leave it for groups of freinds to run events together.

I hope someone can shed some light on this as I'm honestly completly lost. Dumb thought, with the 4 others do I need to reopen the group and reclick to join? That would be kinda dumb  way to do something.  Let me know.

Thank you all for your kind responses, and forgive the terse verbage, I'm terribly frustrated at this point.  Thanks again

i think no one has mentioned this yet, but if the players you're partying with are from another region, you can't enter any content with them. for unknown reasons, the lfg sometimes only gives you parties from the opposite region (i.e, if you're in north america, it'll only give you parties from europe). this is usually transitory and resolves itself after a relog, but its possible your entire account became glitched and you may need to contact support.

i would verify that you can actually meet and talk to these players in the open-world, not just in chat and party.

Edited by SoftFootpaws.9134