Why you don't Suck Out and AFK Just cause you're 200 points down.... Thanks for Stream Naru.

shion.2084

Was in this match on the 12th.  Thought it was a pretty convincing comeback, Naru streamed it so I thought I'd share the fun.

Some basic commentary, at the start I end up going home, Hades crosses to contest, but I catch him with a thunderclap and just manage to finish the cap, making the rest of the V1 a little more useful because I'm earning points off having the node.  He was eventually going to win that, but I tie him up long enough that I get a +.

This is an odd game for me because instead of coming in mid team fight and finishing with a burst, I spend most of this game taking the initial assault from either the war (a good condi zerk BB) or the ranger on far.   I end up having to camp far which is highly unusual for a scrapper (and normally guaranteed death), but I'm able to contest long enough to keep point, disengage, my team rotates in, and then we can finish.  Since the pattern was working I thought what the hell.  A strange game though... ended up with top offence and defence and left the roaming to Naru who's all over the map here.

My build in this game is a hair tanker and less bursty than meta scrapper, which contributes to being able to actually scrap a bit and actually maintain node.  I'm running bulwark.

Anyway a strange one.   I will say their necro was a bit weak, but their war (BB) guard (super) and ele (Hades) were quite good, also the ranger is a solid B tier guy like me and I see him in a lot of matches (maybe not his best match on this game but he often pulls good ones).

Last thought is at least there were no clear silver's in this game, its frustrating when match making sucks so bad the game becomes just dump on the weak link to win.

https://www.twitch.tv/videos/2002664786?t=0h26m26s

• Like 4
  • Haha 2
  • Confused 1

Ya, looks like Naru messing around against mostly G1, G2 at best players, with an alt.  This wouldn't surprise me as I faced him on his main once before when I was at 1260.  

Naru was bodying that reaper with traps, the warr with what looks like true shot, and then just baiting the weaver into clear outnumber situations then using trap to burst it as ele is squishy.  

Looked like Untamed essentially was trying to carry blue but not much you can do with a literally no support comp.  Surprised it was as close as it was...as could most likely just have bullied far to start and let them feed into their home / mid and just win like 500-200.  

Oh, and looks like Naru also in duo with the reaper who is #3 on the leaderboard lol.  He exits too quickly to see the duo, but the white highlight on the leaderboard + the fact he's in party when he leaves games gives it away.  

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Twitch has muted several portions of the stream, including most if not all of the match you intended to show. This seems to have had the side effect of breaking the video, causing it to freeze after a few seconds of playing in any muted section (while the timer still keeps going.)

Also, this comeback, while probably impressive, is more likely an exception, not the rule. In most matches, the fight would be decided simply by a 100 point lead, with the behind team unable to do much if anything to catch up.

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, Nilkemia.8507 said:

Twitch has muted several portions of the stream, including most if not all of the match you intended to show. This seems to have had the side effect of breaking the video, causing it to freeze after a few seconds of playing in any muted section (while the timer still keeps going.)

Also, this comeback, while probably impressive, is more likely an exception, not the rule. In most matches, the fight would be decided simply by a 100 point lead, with the behind team unable to do much if anything to catch up.

Afking just because people don't feel like sweating in a match is bad practice and should never be preached... The number of games where we were down by 200 but ended up winning, is countless. I've had several of those this season alone.

The only exception is when some one is blatantly grieving, which unfortunately happens more often than comeback stories =/

Edited by Saiyan.1704
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

5 hours ago, Frequency.6407 said:

Most comebacks in GW2 happen because someone in the leading team decides to go toxic on their teammates.

Yup. Few days ago ==> we were winning 300-150 and 1 teamate keeps going in teamchat after 1 team wipe till the end of the match, we're going to lose all do something.

He afkd when we were in a tie in the end around 430 both and told us we were so bad and needed l2p 😂

• Thanks 2

17 hours ago, Gotejjeken.1267 said:

Ya, looks like Naru messing around against mostly G1, G2 at best players, with an alt.  This wouldn't surprise me as I faced him on his main once before when I was at 1260.  

Naru was bodying that reaper with traps, the warr with what looks like true shot, and then just baiting the weaver into clear outnumber situations then using trap to burst it as ele is squishy.  

Looked like Untamed essentially was trying to carry blue but not much you can do with a literally no support comp.  Surprised it was as close as it was...as could most likely just have bullied far to start and let them feed into their home / mid and just win like 500-200.  

Oh, and looks like Naru also in duo with the reaper who is #3 on the leaderboard lol.  He exits too quickly to see the duo, but the white highlight on the leaderboard + the fact he's in party when he leaves games gives it away.  

You should probably look up hades, super and bb in ranking.   All are solid players typically.  Xispee is also decent enough.  Definitely not G1 G2 players, guaranteed.

Oh and Naru was solo in this one, not duo q.  I looked post game.

Edited by shion.2084
  • Like 2

Topic title is "why you don't afk just because of a 200 point diff" then OP proceeds to emphasize repeatedly this was a strange one out of a match. It's also odd to apply the logic that comebacks can work with Plat+ players involved in the match. I don't disagree with it mind you and hate afks, but showing some kitten janky silver and low gold match would go much further into illustrating it than reasonably good players just playing the game as they should.

On 12/15/2023 at 2:23 PM, Balsa.3951 said:

was still horrible to watch when Naru almost won a 1v3 and teammates barely manage it to cap 1 point. thats how pvp mostly goes 

Well the dude on the other side of the map that holds the point 1v3 against narus teammates probably thinks the same way?

• Like 2