World Restructuring Beta will run from January 12 to February 2!

On 1/3/2024 at 7:58 PM, Rubi Bayer.8493 said:

We are very excited to hear your feedback during the beta and look forward to seeing you in the Mist War!  

Its awful. Its the absolutely worst and most miserable experience I've ever had in wvw.

You took a system that worked and destroyed it for this abomination.

• Like 4

Got misplaced the first round.

Forum request to the admin fixed the issue.

Re-placement separated me from my friends again.

I like the results of the restructuring...    But every time the cycle mixes us it devastates our ability to play together and potentially ruins the next few weeks of ability to play together.

The WvW restructuring is a ideal pursuit... but trying to get us there has been miserable.

Can we please play with our friends?

With yesterday's redistribution, I wasn't affected by the bug this time, so the gaming experience is noticeably different, precisely because you're among your usual people. However, my thoughts turn to what has always been the role of the server container, in terms of community and how it has always helped players to stay together, to get in and out of a guild or another guild for whatever drama you want to come up with. The server acts as a glue between the players.

Rebuilding a guild, rather than reorganizing it because for example you form two subgroups with different expectations etc etc. in a familiar environment of 2000 players that you easily recognize could be easier. You should understand how much more complicated it could be to do this with WR. Choosing to leave a larger group even for a valid personal reason, leads you to be bounced continuously randomly. I tried it the previous two weeks. The gaming experience was really bad. It's an experience we should all try. In those conditions, it's complicated to stay involved in the mode. This could also affect all new players entering WVW. just my daily thought.

• Like 3

On 1/26/2024 at 2:18 PM, Dawdler.8521 said:

All that would cause is PvErs whining on WvWers because some in the hardcore PvE raid has the buff and others do not.

Do we really need that?

You will never stop the whiners - they wont change.  Real gamers wouldn't whine and therefore go into WvW to help the World they are in.

• Haha 1
  • Confused 1

WR doesn't respect the fact that many English people are lazy and cannot comprehend the notion of speaking a language beyond their native tongue.

But seriously, the major guild on my new restructured server is French, and despite being there 2 weeks in the summer, I can't understand a word.

We need language preferences, so that smaller groups don't end up attached to larger ones with language barriers.

At least with links, the players could roll with their own servers if they couldn't speak the other's language. But now you're kinda stuck.

• Like 2

34 minutes ago, LSD.4673 said:

We need language preferences, so that smaller groups don't end up attached to larger ones with language barriers.

Ok, as long as we don't discriminate any language.

I want a Sami team.

Nobody on it would actually talk Sami but hey it's free real estate to stack all the fighting guilds, come one come all!

Edited by Dawdler.8521
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1

This beta has just seemed to amplify everything that's bad with WvW.  Leaving the WvW population to balance itself is not going to work. Instead of over stacked servers we have over stacked alliances. We've had so much lag, the game has been unplayable at times.  The current support meta encourages people to blob up and it's difficult to counter blob when your shard is full of strangers, many of whom don't speak the same language or are just there to make the most of the call of the mists buff and aren't interested in running meta builds or joining voice coms.

The warscores in my matchups have been fairly balanced. But that doesn't translate into actual experience in gameplay which feels very unbalanced and not enjoyable.

• Like 3

Our small PvE/WvW guild (3+ people active - seniority: veterans - all way back from GW2 launch) was thrown between aliances at every reset.

Fist week was bad because of guild split - we couldn't play together.

The second one was good we were paired with some pretty good WvW guilds, played a lof WvW that week and it was challenging to break our enemies too.

Current one... seems like a disaster - leading is poor, noone defends, noone uses tactics, no strong guilds at sight - just make your weekly and log off kind of theme.

Note from me: if you pair such small guilds together - the fun is really low - enemies with strong guilds just run us over and we coudn't stand to make a challange for them unless they let us to rebuild on our territory.

Something to think in terms of adjusting the maching algorithm, are definietly: language differences, guild sizes, and what percentage of given guild members actually plays WvW. Another nice-to-have-thing to consider would be our friend lists - it would be really nice if we could meet at some point in the same alliance despite representing different guilds.

Interesting experience, but for now I'd like to go back to stable World system. Aliances need more time in the oven IMHO.

12 hours ago, tlenex.7901 said:

Our small PvE/WvW guild (3+ people active - seniority: veterans - all way back from GW2 launch) was thrown between aliances at every reset.

Fist week was bad because of guild split - we couldn't play together.

The second one was good we were paired with some pretty good WvW guilds, played a lof WvW that week and it was challenging to break our enemies too.

Current one... seems like a disaster - leading is poor, noone defends, noone uses tactics, no strong guilds at sight - just make your weekly and log off kind of theme.

Note from me: if you pair such small guilds together - the fun is really low - enemies with strong guilds just run us over and we coudn't stand to make a challange for them unless they let us to rebuild on our territory.

Something to think in terms of adjusting the maching algorithm, are definietly: language differences, guild sizes, and what percentage of given guild members actually plays WvW. Another nice-to-have-thing to consider would be our friend lists - it would be really nice if we could meet at some point in the same alliance despite representing different guilds.

Interesting experience, but for now I'd like to go back to stable World system. Aliances need more time in the oven IMHO.

If you don't mind me asking, am also in a Havoc sized guild (2-23) and I roam (solo). Just as a reference to add details, this was a World Restructuring test (WR for short). Alliances are a subset of that project that is on hold and we haven't tested yet. The plan of this beta was for a sort in week 1, 1 week of the 1UP/1 Down system and then on week 3 another sort test. Now Anet didn't declare the goals here, but I read this is as two tests for sorting with one test on initial placement algorithms which have been seen to off during existing server links.

So week 1, do you know if everyone had their WvW Guild set to the same from the last beta? Trying to gauge bug versus notifications and awareness here.

Week 2 your world should not have changed. So what did you see here?

Week 3 was another sort test.

I think based on your 'Something to think about' they aren't looking at Language or Friends. They said they added Timezone, but based on posts I question this one some or its effectiveness on the second resort test.

So after years and years of developing WvW Restructuring as the top priority we reached this beta.
The 8th and final 3 week long marathon beta to truly showcase and rub it in how each goal has been reached and exceeded.

1. Balanced teams
2. Preserve communities
3. Reward winning matchups

How did we do on these 3 goals?

The matchups have been lopsided.
I have no idea who were assigned to my team. Even less so who were in the enemy teams.
All I got was inventory micromanagement chore in form of +25% more "reward" boxes.

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

On 1/28/2024 at 5:07 PM, Dawdler.8521 said:

Ok, as long as we don't discriminate any language.

I want a Sami team.

Nobody on it would actually talk Sami but hey it's free real estate to stack all the fighting guilds, come one come all!

There is no Sami servers.  But there are french, german and spanish, it is the lowest bar to keep the maximum of these players together and arenanet didn't pass it. That's why I think there is no algorithm and the distribution is extremely basic, like just www player numbers and with no other consideration.

On 1/3/2024 at 1:58 PM, Rubi Bayer.8493 said:

Hello Mist Warriors! 

We are very excited to hear your feedback during the beta and look forward to seeing you in the Mist War!  

eagerly awaiting 3 Feb...

i  did pve, sad.. after not being linked to my server on second relink 😕 pains of a guildless player...

very much enjoy playing on the server i pick to play on, with other people i choose to play with and know what they're doing. not random boonblobs who must follow pin, struggle to have independent thoughts, and be told when to w-key and 111111.

• Like 1

I love WVW, I hate this alliance structuring. There's nothing balanced about it and it takes you away from your friends on your Home Server. In all 3 weeks, we have gotten

hammered by the opposition and once by more than 100 points. All my friends from other guilds are on different servers. I never complained about the original WVW even when MAG was dominating, it was a challenge and there was server pride, now it's just a jumbled mess.

NO MORE ALLIANCES

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

Newer WvW player here. I ran on Dragonbrand for about a week before the beta.  Although I enjoy the beta format, I prefer the old server based format a little more here's why.

* I don't really care about balance/matchmaking I think that's subjective and there is probably balance issues by server too. You need to commit to whatever team(s) your on and make the best of it.

* As a server team you get to know the players and local guilds real well and you know you have to commit to making it work because it won't change anyway.

On the other hand meeting and playing with other guilds is fun.    So there are pluses and minuses each way but I would vote to go back to server mode. Either way I'd be happy enough though.

I know a lot of negative has been said about people who played WvW before the beta but I only started playing WvW because of the beta and the fact that I could run with my OCX based guild. I absolutely loved running with them, got right into WvW as a result, and want to keep running with them in the future. 

Now that the beta is ending, the world that my guild is in is full and has been full since mid 2023. This server is one of the few with a high OCX population so my options are limited . I was going to transition to a linked server once the beta is over but have just found out that there is a 2 week no pips penalty AND they are going to relink the server every month. 

I hope anet considers removing the pip penalties for people who are transitioning into these linked servers over the coming months. I am fine with the paying but just sad I will miss pips for 2 weeks every month for no reason at all. 

The beta is new and interesting,

but as the only alliance method in wvw it is a bit restrictive.

My suggestion is to accept it optional: you play through a server or through alliances. You can change the method whenever you want. as long as the number of requests to wvw (queue to maps) are the same or similar.

grateful for the new updates

greetings
Alexander

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Laraelis Starshadow.8359 said:

I know a lot of negative has been said about people who played WvW before the beta but I only started playing WvW because of the beta and the fact that I could run with my OCX based guild. I absolutely loved running with them, got right into WvW as a result, and want to keep running with them in the future. 

Now that the beta is ending, the world that my guild is in is full and has been full since mid 2023. This server is one of the few with a high OCX population so my options are limited . I was going to transition to a linked server once the beta is over but have just found out that there is a 2 week no pips penalty AND they are going to relink the server every month. 

I hope anet considers removing the pip penalties for people who are transitioning into these linked servers over the coming months. I am fine with the paying but just sad I will miss pips for 2 weeks every month for no reason at all. 

You only lose pips for 2 resets, not exactly 2 weeks -- if you transfer 2 minutes before a reset, you'd then have just one week wait for the next reset before you earn pips again.

Which server I'd it that they're on? I'm sure there's another with an OCX pop that could work.