World Restructuring Beta will run from January 12 to February 2!

Stopped by for the first time ever and the only time to say this beta has been the worst experience ive had in wvw in a long time and if this is the future will probably move on to a different MMO as wvw is the only reason i log in daily.

No you cant have my stuff

• Like 9
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Maaaaaaaaaaan I was having so much fun playing WvW with my friends and suddenly by friday we all get world/team split without nobody telling us before hand... And we gotta wait 30 DAYS TO PLAY TOGETHER? Very sad, yall should redo the teams on next friday rather than redo it on the last week of the ''mad event''.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1

this beta has been a total mess... hit 80 man cue on reset since it took over a minute from hitting travel to the pop up window asking me if I want to travel. I waited through the cue only to be re-cued when it popped and have got re-cued 5-6 times over the weekend. The shard I am on has had all maps fully cued by 5pm and since I dont ever get in on the first time I pretty much gave up trying to play prime time NA.

be nice if you can extend the call of the mists bonus since I have spent more time in cues than on the actual maps 

Edited by van smite.9308
  • Sad 2

This beta actually really screwed me over. I just came back to the game after years with one other friend and we play wvw together and we got put in separate servers. Why wouldn't it by default put you with the guild you're repping at the very least? Where was the announcement of this? I didn't get any notification or mail in game, nothing on the game launcher itself where it literally shows the news. Now I need to wait to play with my friend again. Very poorly executed and super frustrating. I can't for the life of me understand why it was done like this.

7 hours ago, Halcyon Thannor.4962 said:

Where was the announcement of this?

It was where EVERY game announcement is. In the forums, the blog and social media, as well as most likely every community-built platform related to WvW. 

https://www.guildwars2.com/en/news/wvw-update-guild-hall-arenas-and-world-restructuring-beta/

https://www.guildwars2.com/en/news/studio-update-guild-wars-2-in-autumn-and-winter-2023/

https://www.facebook.com/GuildWars2/posts/pfbid0AGPN4UVM39e59ap7RGqsu6QEdTHUnFwWhaf2HZvg46gJjEJibjG58ErmXgCchqKfl

7 hours ago, Halcyon Thannor.4962 said:

nothing on the game launcher itself where it literally shows the news

the blogpost containing the info is even STILL pinned in the launcher itself: https://prnt.sc/MV-6fAmPVY1R

Edited by Custodio.6134
  • Confused 1

I wouldn't go to Skrittburgh :D. permanent outnumbered on every single map. This beta went really bad for us. the other teams have 80% more player base. For me the alliance system should shut down it's such a mess for alot of peepos on Skrittburgh back to pve 2 weeks

Edited by Tommy.8697
  • Like 1
  • Sad 1

Honestly worst week I've had in WvW ever.   There don't seem to be ANY large guilds on Giant's Rise in my time zone, and yet we are fighting KOIN, VIP, etc, and the enemy seems to vastly outnumber us in every map in my time zone.  We are getting destroyed in both enemy borderlands, and our Home borderlands, and often even in EBG.  I'm soloing a decent amount of towers, getting a lot of roaming kills, but I haven't even completed my weekly ad that makes me really frustrated.

Also, why are there weeklies i Edge of the mists? like, HOW is that even relevant, there's ever anyone there?

Edited by NerevarineNinja.1643

Spoiler

I don't see how this wvw beta alliance is any good at all.  People don't play together some of the time.and the matching from what I can tell isn't working.   Put this to rest and leave us be.  We are in a matchup that is so very unbalanced Blue Server has tons of people and we have 1/8 of the people they have.  This is the same as it is in the other type of playing wvw, not just the alliance.  They are just rolling over us in the desert bl over and over and over and over.   Need a count matchup that makes this stuff more even.

• Like 1

On 1/3/2024 at 11:58 AM, Rubi Bayer.8493 said:

We are very excited to hear your feedback during the beta and look forward to seeing you in the Mist War!  

WvW Restructure Beta week-1 Comments:

1. WvW LFG panel no longer displays teams even when advertised (old issue)
  2. Edge of the Mists (EOTM) is more active now due to more queues from main maps, can skirmish rewards/pips be brought back to that map? It's reset timer + design helps with training/transition of PvE players to WvW
  3. EOTM: matches reset every few hours, (a great feature, kudos to the designer), how will it function with the new team assignment system?
  4. EOTM: will there be scenarios where 2 guild players in the same WvW team (Stonefall) be assigned to fight on opposing sides in EOTM (1 spawns as red, 1 green)?
  5. In need of more in-game mail/alerts for WvW bonus events and team assignment deadlines
  6. Need Commander leaderboards/leagues/levels/tournaments - Players can then still rally to WvW maps even if guild mate commanders are asleep, keeping the map active throughout the week (example: https://blog.duolingo.com/duolingo-leagues-leaderboards/)
  7. Team assignment seems to have random anomalies as players' playtime fluctuate throughout the match/week, a spike in player participation happen between Friday - Sunday, however, WvW guilds can become less active during weekdays (dip in commanders + followers on maps). Certain WvW guild members are active on weekdays, but player would need to wait for team/match reset (exacerbating further low pop + active WvW players), will team re-assignment weekly (or even mid-week) be better than monthly?
  8. Assuming player participation and skills are roughly equal every match, Outnumbered still triggers due to random dip & spike in pop. In reference to EOTM however, a match resets every few hours + re-populates the map while giving random players a casual match during off hours.
  9. If team resets are dead set for 2-weeks - 1-month @ launch, will there be features to compensate/encourage WvW activity during off hours? (Examples: WvW bonus events to rally PvEers? Or shorter match durations (per day? mid-weeki?) similar to EOTM?

Thanks for the beta, keep up the great work! 👍

Edited by Woop S.7851
  • Thanks 1

WvW Restructure Beta week-1 additional notes/observations:

1. When a commander tag leaves a squad of random players, a yellow text message alerts players to take on command, however, rarely do players do so due to the bystander effect. A whole squad of 50 disappears from a map in less than 30 seconds (sudden population dip). Can an ‘auto-assign’ feature be added so the most experienced WvW player in squad be assigned to lead right away?
  2. Players also seem to join/follow only certain commanders they know, including guild commanders who wins more battles due to coordination. However, it creates a vacuum between new commanders & players as no one wants to ‘risk’ joining a losing squad.
    • The same is true for new commanders, who'll worry about losing battles and be target of ridicule, with low squad joiners, it creates a vicious cycle. It’s possible this is due to the UI where players don’t know how to join (I had to manually type in map chat several times: right click my name > join squad), however player behavior & fear of failure might be the main contributing factor.
    • Proposal: If there’s a weekly goal/reward (similar to the current weekly rewards) for ‘helping a squad to kill X number of enemies or to reward commanders in leading a squad of 5-10 for at least 20-minutes, it’d create incentives for players to be active in WvW, preventing gyrations in populations throughout the week.
  • Confused 3

Were having an amazing time, our guild rebuilding since the new year has grown significantly, its reminding me a little of what it was like just after POF release. Generally, the beta has been great and eager to hopefully enter 24/7 WR beta if relink tomorrow is a success. Please Anet clarify what this beta actually is 50% of people are still using Alliance betas. it would save a few of us time typing out what the beta is actually for and more time for us to play WvW or organise and lead groups, guilds open tags without any miscommunications and frustrations players are having trying to get their head around what and why this is happening.

There was some little conflicts arise early on where a full 50 man fight squad didn't want to play the siege world v world game and decided just to look for a blob fight - didn't care about the matchup and constantly got wiped and flaming the rest of the roamers on the borderland!

Later on in the week, 3 or 4 guilds were fighting in one corner doing GvG and queues for that BL meant hardly any flipped towers or Keeps. Veterans of the game have no incentive to play the game to try to win the matchup, or possibly enough incentive to take a leading role if they are happy with their established guilds and want to stay closed group raids, no recruitment. which is absolutely fine, this is how a subsection of gamers enjoy wvw.

Its common sense i hope that if Anet gets its algorithm on point, the matchups will balance out in time. Hence beta, IMO should extend passed february 2nd.

Massive number of new entrants to the wvw game mode. I noticed the beta worlds that actually had a positive frame of mind with zero toxicity and frankly those that worked together positively won the matchups and organised themselves and are having fun. 

Quite apprehensive now that our guild may not actually stay in Phoenix dawn - however we have no choice but to take a leap of faith that the next two weeks will mean more excitable matchups according the Anet 'shards matchmaking?'.

Its clear we simply cannot go back to the previous state of WvW where it looks the majority of the people complaining unreasonably on the forums are the ones on the forums daily, on the reddit daily, whilst on their second screen happy camping at their shiny big castle SMC they had since reset twiddling their thumbs because they got their Titles, UD and God of WvW and haven't got a great deal better to do!  Make winning matchups count - bring back things similar to season/ tournaments where we can work towards perma Gold, silver and bronze dolyak finishers! Plus even some kind of leaderboard system of sorts within the world itself - such as such as guilds with highest k/d ratios. I hope more can but done to improve the game mode - World restructuring a great step in the right direction!

• Like 1
  • Confused 5

8 hours ago, asha.4159 said:

Massive number of new entrants to the wvw game mode. I noticed the beta worlds that actually had a positive frame of mind with zero toxicity and frankly those that worked together positively won the matchups and organised themselves and are having fun. 

For me it was a completely different experience from yours. Consider that I selected the WVW guild but the bug hit me and I ended up in the wrong place compared to my usual group. This gave me the opportunity to see up close and understand how this change affects a good portion of players in this mode. ( I strongly advise you not to select your guild and to try this experience ). Of course, I'm talking about players who play alone, players who play with a small group of friends, and small guilds of 10 men. All this part of players, at least from what I have seen on my beta server, are excluded from a collective participation of ''servers''. Because you don't know the other players, the various fragments within the beta server travel in reference to your own interest, there is no common interest. If they put the tag to pitch their content, or to stimulate a defense, they're not considered, because somewhere else there's usually a guild group larger than 25 men doing something else. And no one cares about defending a tower anymore. especially if they have just lost a fight, or if there are ''challenging'' players on the enemy side. they all disappear.

For all this part of players who have always acted and participated in reference to the team/server, WVW really turns into a useless experience. There is no longer a purpose, a motive that drags everyone along, large small or individual. Experience to be seen to be believed. 

Now, this leads me to consider that the new WVW will force us to unite in larger groups, so as to bring some sort of influence to the map. precisely because there is no longer a common purpose, only an individual goal. just have a good number of players in your guild who definitely follow you. So if we think that forcing the player is a good solution to improve the gaming experience in this mode, I'm afraid that we won't get the result we hope for.

Let's not talk about a balance issue, your team is heavily outnumbered. That's no longer what it's about. It's about you no longer having a reason to participate in the mode. And I honestly think it's an even bigger problem than the previous one. At least that's been my gaming experience for the past 2 weeks.

Edited by Mabi black.1824
  • Like 3

Possible re-look into winning matchup/skirmishes incentives? = certain PvE/PvP buffs outside of WvW like there was something like this in the early days....? so vets have something to work for when in WvW AND give gamers some small incentive to play other game modes, rather than AFK on top of keeps walls waiting for a voice commander to tag up? maybe this is too much copium.?

1 hour ago, asha.4159 said:

Possible re-look into winning matchup/skirmishes incentives? = certain PvE/PvP buffs outside of WvW like there was something like this in the early days....? so vets have something to work for when in WvW AND give gamers some small incentive to play other game modes, rather than AFK on top of keeps walls waiting for a voice commander to tag up? maybe this is too much copium.?

All that would cause is PvErs whining on WvWers because some in the hardcore PvE raid has the buff and others do not.

Do we really need that?

Weird. 1st and 2nd week the same team - and going up/down a tier seems to have worked. (Won first week and then we were "red" that usually is assigned to the winner of the previous week except for T1.) Now another team? I thought they'd try this a few weeks to see how the balancing (going up and down in tiers) works - cause in the final system I doubt it will be new teams every 2 weeks? (Should be at least 2 months same team - similar to the server system with re-linking.)