World Restructuring Beta will run from January 12 to February 2!

• ArenaNet Staff

Hello Mist Warriors! 

The next World Restructuring Beta is coming soon, and we’ve put together some high-level information so you know what to expect. We will be running the beta from Friday, January 12th to Friday, February 2, beginning and ending at your region’s normal WvW reset time.   

During this beta, we’ll be testing the specifics of the system that we plan to use when we turn World Restructuring online full-time. Included in that test are: 

• The latest iteration of our team-building algorithm 
  • A “Same-team” reset 
  • A “team-building” reset 
  • Many bug fixes and additional polish 

As with previous World Restructuring betas, if you would like to be on the same team as your guild, you will need to set that guild as your “WvW Guild” via the Guild Panel. You’ll need to do this by 11:59 PST on Thursday, January 11th for the start of the beta. There will a second team creation event for the last week of the beta, and you will need to have your preferred guild set by 11:59 PST, Thursday, January 25th. 

We are very excited to hear your feedback during the beta and look forward to seeing you in the Mist War!  

• Like 31
  • Thanks 5
  • Haha 2
  • Sad 4

Please open more WvW maps up, sucks when is a terrible que during beta followed by seeing a blob of wall runners clogging the system.  Need to change the system to kick inactives better.

Edited by Mike.7983
  • Like 15
  • Thanks 3
  • Confused 3
  • Sad 1

30 minutes ago, Mike.7983 said:

Please open more WvW maps up, sucks when is a terrible que during beta followed by seeing a blob of wall runners clogging the system.  Need to change the system to kick inactives better.

Actually this is part of the tests. Would note your normal weekly queues compared to the beta queues and provide feedback. Part of the WR is attempting to add and reduce the number of  servers (in blocks of 3) to handle increases and decreases in population overtime. Sounds like we may get two of these during the beta.

Edit: Side note I think they are still planning on EotM being the actual overflow and there have been no news on adding more than the 4 maps in a matchup that we have at this time. All for a fifth map and I agree there but haven't seen any news or articles where this is any plan so wouldn't count on it for the beta.

Edited by TheGrimm.5624
Edit: More maps
  • Like 2

Hey anet remember when you proudly announced

Alliances When?

This year.

in 2021? https://www.guildwars2.com/en/news/arenanet-studio-update-july-2021/

Anyway, I'm not that much of a wvw gamer so it doesn't matter to me I'd rather see resources put into instanced pve but hey at least it's good we're getting another beta now. Hopefully it will have some good results.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3
  • Confused 16

16 minutes ago, Jokuc.3478 said:

Hey anet remember when you proudly announced

in 2021? https://www.guildwars2.com/en/news/arenanet-studio-update-july-2021/

Anyway, I'm not that much of a wvw gamer so it doesn't matter to me I'd rather see resources put into instanced pve but hey at least it's good we're getting another beta now. Hopefully it will have some good results.

Pve already gets 99.9% of the dev resources...

• Like 12
  • Thanks 4
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 4

1 hour ago, DirtyDan.4759 said:

Yes, betas have bugs. Who could have known?

Not with ArenaNet, if you think they are capable of releasing something buggy (even if it's beta) please just stop playing and take your pessimism to another game. #ANet4Ever

• Confused 4

What is the basis of the alliance? I still see no value in making essentially larger scale GvG. All that has happened is people from servers have been just joining a single mega guild so we can hopefully continue to play together, some of us for the past 10 years. It's honestly too little too late as this point for this re-structuring. If you made no changes and left WvW as is I'm sure not many would mind.

• Like 6
  • Confused 5
  • Sad 1

2 hours ago, SchizoFrenikTHCS.5396 said:

If you made no changes and left WvW as is I'm sure not many would mind.

And then they’d continue coming to the forums demanding that Anet fix world balancing after every relink.

• Like 2
  • Confused 2

Look forward to taking it for a spin, it is always crowded in beta week.  Looking forward to playing with other members of my guild in WvW instead of fighting against them, don't get me wrong the 1v1 are always fun.   Fingers crossed the lag is not that bad.

Wish that Edge of the Mist got a little bit of love during these beta week testing, it is such an amazing map but has fallen off the radar during these tests. 

• Like 2

5 hours ago, TheGrimm.5624 said:

Actually this is part of the tests. Would note your normal weekly queues compared to the beta queues and provide feedback. Part of the WR is attempting to add and reduce the number of  servers (in blocks of 3) to handle increases and decreases in population overtime. Sounds like we may get two of these during the beta.

Edit: Side note I think they are still planning on EotM being the actual overflow and there have been no news on adding more than the 4 maps in a matchup that we have at this time. All for a fifth map and I agree there but haven't seen any news or articles where this is any plan so wouldn't count on it for the beta.

if EoTM is going to be an overflow, itll be dead because there is no longer XP gained there. it was nerfed because people used it for xp trains

• Confused 1

One thing you should have on the table is, adding extra guild slots. Many of us are maxed out and cannot join a larger guild so that all of us on the same server can play together. Some of us have been with the same server for several years, if not since launch. There is a flow that's disrupted when we have these betas, because we get scattered to the 4 winds often never being on the same team. Many of my friends will play the first week but then wait until the WR betas are over, because they aren't enjoyable. Basically we're forced to join a large guild, just to be able to stay together. Many of us aren't in a mega guild and are maxed out on guilds so we can't even join one if we wanted to. Larger servers have already joined mega guilds to dominate so I'm not sure how this is going to solve anything in terms of balancing the teams/servers. All it seems like it's doing is fracturing the communities that have evolved from the servers we have. 

Edited by BluJasmine.2190
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 4

3 minutes ago, Jokuc.3478 said:

I said instanced. Which gets like, no content at all. Read.

There's been 6 new strike missions since 2022 with the past two expansions, and challenge mode coming for strikes and fractals.

WvW hasn't had any content for 5 years, hasn't had a new map in 8 years, then the past year they decided to improve rewards finally, and WR has been in development for 5 years..

GTFO outa here with that kitten and go back to the general forums.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 8

4 hours ago, SchizoFrenikTHCS.5396 said:

What is the basis of the alliance? I still see no value in making essentially larger scale GvG. All that has happened is people from servers have been just joining a single mega guild so we can hopefully continue to play together, some of us for the past 10 years. It's honestly too little too late as this point for this re-structuring. If you made no changes and left WvW as is I'm sure not many would mind.

At least it's finally living up to the name "Guild Wars" 2...

• Like 1

8 hours ago, ChrisWhitey.9076 said:

I was hoping with WvW alliance guilds replacing alliances we would get an announcement on what the fix would be like more guild slots. Hopefully that will be addressed before this goes live.

Yes, i had something similar in my mind like give us a 6th Guild slot thats called Allaince slot or something similar i have guildies that need to leave our main guild in order to get into our alliance guild will see how it works out.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, SchizoFrenikTHCS.5396 said:

I'd mind. Right now I don't run WvW events with my guild cause many are on different servers. Once that kicks in I'll be running regular WvW events.

8 hours ago, Lithril Ashwalker.6230 said:

if EoTM is going to be an overflow, itll be dead because there is no longer XP gained there. it was nerfed because people used it for xp trains

Mind if I spin this idea? If it does that might raise two interesting ideas. One add a fifth map spot to WvW. And two remove the limits on EotM so that map is a more viable options. Food for thought.

2 minutes ago, TheGrimm.5624 said:

Mind if I spin this idea? If it does that might raise two interesting ideas. One add a fifth map spot to WvW. And two remove the limits on EotM so that map is a more viable options. Food for thought.

The first reducing the density of players in WvW maps and the second reducing the amount of players in actual WvW. Cut the fat given the constant queues and gross overpopulation, I guess 👍