World Restructuring Beta will run from January 12 to February 2!

bigmouse.2163

I don't know what team I'm "supposed" to be on, but I'm on Titan's Staircase and it says my guildmates are on Devona's Rest, I don't understand how that's even possible but whatever.

I think they should cancel the beta. In fact I think they should just give up trying to do WR entirely.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Elebril.7341 said:

Portals in Lions Arch did not work on start of reset, WvW panel would not open to World selection, when it did ques were already at 30+.

Same here but 80-110 on all maps.  Hearing some guildys got sent to diff teams as well who apparently did set their home wvw server ahead of time.  Entire beta is a fail again like posted few days ago the map que is a broken mess they need to open more wvw maps up.

5 hours ago, medusa.3091 said:

my point being, not everyone looks at the forum before logging into the game, and I feel strongly that there should have been some in-game prompts

They did that for an earlier beta last year. Was news on the launcher and ingame mail.  There were still players who didn't know, don't read the launcher, etc.

50 minutes ago, Chaba.5410 said:

They did that for an earlier beta last year. Was news on the launcher and ingame mail.  There were still players who didn't know, don't read the launcher, etc.

It's poor planning on my part. And it feels like poor planning on Anet's part too. If they already know that we aren't going to read, then why make the shortened season 4 weeks instead of just 1? Right now, we're all looking at not getting balanced again in a team-creation event for another 4 weeks. I would be a lot less upset if that was 1 week instead of 4... 

3 minutes ago, KRNelson.9863 said:

It's poor planning on my part. And it feels like poor planning on Anet's part too. If they already know that we aren't going to read, then why make the shortened season 4 weeks instead of just 1? Right now, we're all looking at not getting balanced again in a team-creation event for another 4 weeks. I would be a lot less upset if that was 1 week instead of 4... 

It's only 2 weeks. Jan. 25th is the next deadline for team formation, as written on the first post of this thread.

Edited by Chaba.5410

7 minutes ago, Chaba.5410 said:

It's only 2 weeks. Jan. 25th is the next deadline for team formation, as written on the first post of this thread.

This is the post that I got that 4-week timeline from. I see this post mentions the Jan. 25th date. Mixed messages. 

"Team Transfers: Once a match has started, there will not be a way for a player to initiate a transfer between teams. Players will need to wait until the next team-creation event or season to be placed with a different guild. To help mitigate this in the short term, we’ll be reducing the duration of a season from eight weeks to four weeks."

7 hours ago, medusa.3091 said:

And there are now a lot of angry players who can no longer play together and this whole thing is looking to be an epic fail.

Was malding over this for a portion of last night.

I mean...   I think this is my first mmo, where they intentionally split me up from my friends and prevent me from playing with them.

I mean...   Even as a guild-less casual player, the very idea effectively goes against what I thought a mmo was meant for.  (not to mention entirely robs any and all motivation to continue to play it).

Edited by FrogBiscuit.6925
  • Like 8

It's hopeless, Arena Net!

Unfortunately, the development progress after more than 6 years is still disappointing. Apart from the fact that there is not much left of the originally planned alliance system, there are still serious errors in the team assignment even after three years of beta. As a guild leader, I am currently not in the same team as my guild, but in a completely different team. Oh well. The beta will pass again. But if the release doesn't completely fix these no-go bugs, this would mean in practice that players and guild leaders would have to reckon with a four-week forced break until, with a bit of luck, they can play with their guild in the same team again. A disaster for a game based on team play.
As much as I was looking forward to the beta this year, I am now disappointed and would like to ask you to seriously consider whether this development phase should really be called a beta or whether you should sit down again and fix the fundamental bugs.

When such serious bugs happen, one would expect any company to try to compensate by providing responsive support. Not so with Arena Net.  

I play this game not because it is so good, but because there is a really great community in Guild Wars. But the community is increasingly disappointed by the lack of commitment to both development and player support.

• Like 13
  • Thanks 2

Setting a guild as a wvw guild function did not work properly.

I set one of my guilds as a WvW guild, but when the beta went live, it ignored my WvW guild preference settings and placed me on the guild I was currently representing when I logged in. I was representing my guild bank guild, and it placed me on its server, despite having a different guild set as WvW guild a day before beta went live. This can cause major frustration within the population if left like this on future runs. Please look into this and try to have a fix before the next beta.

• Like 3

This is why we need the alliance part to work. 

The 'community grouped mega guilds' idea doesn't work and will never work.  At a high level they cut their own revenue stream out with server transfers this way and we still have no idea how anything is getting grouped together outside of our guilds (or how they are grouping guilds together).  

Guild bug is also interesting, as you think they'd have a metric for the guild you spent most time with in WvW and set that to default, so even if you select something different and it didn't work, you'd still have a high chance of ending up with who you play with most.  

• Like 2

1 hour ago, jojo.1940 said:

It's hopeless, Arena Net!

Unfortunately, the development progress after more than 6 years is still disappointing. Apart from the fact that there is not much left of the originally planned alliance system, there are still serious errors in the team assignment even after three years of beta. As a guild leader, I am currently not in the same team as my guild, but in a completely different team. Oh well. The beta will pass again. But if the release doesn't completely fix these no-go bugs, this would mean in practice that players and guild leaders would have to reckon with a four-week forced break until, with a bit of luck, they can play with their guild in the same team again. A disaster for a game based on team play.
As much as I was looking forward to the beta this year, I am now disappointed and would like to ask you to seriously consider whether this development phase should really be called a beta or whether you should sit down again and fix the fundamental bugs.

When such serious bugs happen, one would expect any company to try to compensate by providing responsive support. Not so with Arena Net.  

I play this game not because it is so good, but because there is a really great community in Guild Wars. But the community is increasingly disappointed by the lack of commitment to both development and player support.

The 2 devs left working on this have no clue....

• Like 1
  • Haha 6

Any beta should be opt-in, and not forced onto everyone.
I am not helping testing whatever this is.

As a returning player, this is making me drop the game.

I had been happily fighting for my 'world' over the past couple weeks, feels nice... until this comes in out of the blue.

I get asked to pick an alliance I do not know or care about, I just get shuffled over and over anyways.
The matchmaking was so bad today, that only one alliance seemed to be playing the game, and mine clearly wasn't.

I might just try and come back in February after this is over

• Like 4
  • Thanks 3

From a casual / semi solo player this hasn't been a great experience for us. My sister and I play together every evening for an hour or two, casually for fun, on Desolation. You may not ever us see us speak but we always res, build and repair... And match outfits!

Over the last two years or so we've come to recognise names, know and enjoy playing alongside commanders from various guilds; RG, JUGS, COL and others. We don't join on discord but we feel welcome and we follow several names so we can track/see which map they are on so we can join in. 

With this new system I can't see the benefit for the solo / twosome players. Desolation was our community and I miss seeing the names and chatter, even the odd one or two annoying ones who like to pull tactics when not needed😄 

We have messaged one of the deso commanders to see if there is a community guild we can join so we could be matched with them in the future tests, so hopefully this resolved our issue. I just worry this is going to isolate and turn away players like us.

• Like 5

It has split the guild members again. It's officially unplayable with friends  until next month!

6 years of Betas have never worked. And they never will work. They always ruin the game.

Just shut this mess off now! Reboot it.  ... And quit with the whole alliance restructuring mess forever!

Grouping with guilds, or grouping with servers, will end up in virtually the exact same place.  Except, that players will be controlled by alliances requiring membership in specific guilds. So it will be far less inviting. As people will no longer be able to just show up and play, on whatever server they choose. It is never going to help the game.

Just quit it. You are destroying the game with these useless Betas.  And this Beta is once again, chasing off more of the player base.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Krethys.5403 said:

Any beta should be opt-in, and not forced onto everyone.
I am not helping testing whatever this is.

As a returning player, this is making me drop the game.

I had been happily fighting for my 'world' over the past couple weeks, feels nice... until this comes in out of the blue.

I get asked to pick an alliance I do not know or care about, I just get shuffled over and over anyways.
The matchmaking was so bad today, that only one alliance seemed to be playing the game, and mine clearly wasn't.

I might just try and come back in February after this is over

This is how i feel as well, this should not be forced into people. I played POE for last month and next month there is new game i wanna play, so i told myself " lets go have some fun for 3-4 weeks in GW2 WvW" .

So i come back to the game few days ago, its all good and fun till this beta drops and now i am in some dead team called "First Haven" instead of my world. There is no squads running here really, score is like 2k vs 7k for other teams, the few squads i saw today was 7-10 people. The game is literally unplayable for me, i don't wanna be forced to be here i want to go back to my world Ruins of Surmia. This is one of the only times GW2 make me want to stop playing the game and it happen just as i got back to the game.

Edited by skoobydoo.9246
  • Like 5

I'm on a red coloured server this time, and well, we are just cheap food for the blue and green with some big guild blobs running around on all maps. No idea how bad their queues must be, but their experience might be nevertheless better than we just being noshes for their zergs. This will likely be one of the worst wvw weeks I ever had - and I play since beta.

Our server seems to be full of "the rest" that didn't fit into other servers I guess, smaller guilds, players that got disjointed from their guilds and a lot of players with no guild tags at all. Just terrible.

• Like 3

The portals in Lion's Arch didn't work on reset night. Couldn't press travel at the expected time. Couldn't open WvW panel. When we finally could, queues were huge, but deceptive. Some people have queue of 53 and got put in; others had queue of 4 and got bumped back to 40. When queue did pop, some people were bumped back again.

One guy in our guild traveled from Armistice Bastion, was IN the borderland, and he got a queue pop notice to travel to the borderland he was already in. 🤪

Also, guildies get split up onto different servers, as per usual. 

All I do in the evening is play with my only friend (in our two-man guild) in Eternal battleground. Now we are split into difference alliances. Basically comes down to no gaming buddy for the next 3 weeks. Let us choose the alliance beta, or either give an option to switch!

• Like 3

Started playing WvW 2 weeks ago. Last week i had more free time, and, despite being a less social player, got to know the commanders, players, guldies, even some "enemies" by their character model (willbender nerfs please?). It was nice seeing the same names and working together. All in all, had great fun. This week, i login and recognize none. Even the name of my faction is different. Not even a guy from my guild was around, despite almost all of them being online in the guild window. I start roaming around and then... 2 of my guildies pop up as enemies on my screen. Confused, i ask in guild chat. Turns out we are all split across factions, all scattered around. Aaaand the fun is gone.

I guess i'll start running against walls too for the time being.

Edit: there is a recent anet post where you can tell them if you need moving to match with your guild and they kindly will.

Edited by Evhel.9036
  • Like 2

16 hours ago, PulsarianDevil.8125 said:

I've experienced a significant increase in lag and "boon blobs" since the beta started. The beta is honestly a downgrade from what we had before...

Since Beta started I cannot play WvW any more because of lags lasting minutes. It isn't really playable for me. We are playing NA mornings and usually have no lags nor crowded borderlands.

I was placed in the correct team with my guildies and our alliance.

A big "Thank you" for that unannounced "No Flying" week 😄. We laughed a lot!

PLEASE fix the lags. I want to play WvW again. I desperatly chose PvE for next week.

• Like 1

On 1/13/2024 at 12:03 PM, KRNelson.9863 said:

This is the post that I got that 4-week timeline from. I see this post mentions the Jan. 25th date. Mixed messages. 

"Team Transfers: Once a match has started, there will not be a way for a player to initiate a transfer between teams. Players will need to wait until the next team-creation event or season to be placed with a different guild. To help mitigate this in the short term, we’ll be reducing the duration of a season from eight weeks to four weeks."

Think about this, the Dev's want to force us to play where ever they place us and we're not supposed to have the freedom nor option to move for a whole two months?!?!?!
It's unbelievable that the dev's believe we'd pay for a game that treats it customers this way.