One size fits all armour

All armour for all classes?  

88 members have voted

1. 1. Should all armour pieces be available for all classes?

• Simply, Yes.
    • No, because...
    • Maybe just some.
    • I'm undecided .
    • That's what outfits are for.
  2. 2. Do you think it should be just skins or stats too?

• Just the skins
    • Full stats, the works
    • I answered no to first question.

1 hour ago, SoftFootpaws.9134 said:

i think its strange that some players are against this, when its already been happening with outfits for over half a decade.

6 minutes ago, Ashen.2907 said:

This.

And the standard model setting in competitive means no one is going to be confused by armor weight in a mode where identifying such matters anyway.

I find it strange that some people apparently think people need to like/want something just because some of it is already in the game. If I don't like the concept of the same looks for every class then some outfits being shared between classes already being in the game doesn't mean I want everything to act that way. It just means I don't want more of it

Hope that clears that out.

Edited by Sobx.1758
  • Like 5
  • Confused 2

1 minute ago, Sobx.1758 said:

I find it strange that some people apparently think people need to like/want something just because some of it is already in the game. If I don't like the concept of the same looks for every class then some outfits being shared between classes already being in the game doesn't mean I want everything to act that way. It just means I don't want more of it

Hope that clears that out.

Sure, but you could continue to differentiate your character appearance by these arbitrary labels if you saw fit. After all there are heavy armor weights that are essentially cloth, or no actual armor, while there are light and medium armors that look like plate or similar metal armors. 

• Like 1
  • Confused 4

Appearances? Yes.
Those complaining about how this would ruin pvp, we already have outfits that confuse classes / armor weights & there's already a method to remove these via enabling standard character models in pvp & wvw.
Stats? No.
Reason being that the armor value difference between light, medium, and heavy armor is part of how certain classes are balanced (or were,  unsure if it's really a thing these  days).

Personally, I'd settle for being able to choose armor appearance weight and all 6 of my armor pieces now have to be light, medium, or heavy in appearance just so I can have an armored, a formal, and a casual look on all  my characters.

• Like 2
  • Confused 2

Just now, Ashen.2907 said:

Sure, but you could continue to differentiate your character appearance by these arbitrary labels if you saw fit. After all there are heavy armor weights that are essentially cloth, or no actual armor, while there are light and medium armors that look like plate or similar metal armors. 

Sure, but you could make a heavy armor class if you want heavy armor looks, medium if... and light if...

The poster you and I quoted said that it's strange some people are against it since some of it is already in the game. It's not strange at all. It just makes the thing I don't like have limited availability in the game, it only means I don't want everything to act like that. It's strange to me that some people want to keep bluring any and all differences between classes, be it visually or not. It's cheap, not fitting and I don't want that, even if "there are some outfits in the game already".

• Like 4
  • Confused 1

3 hours ago, SoftFootpaws.9134 said:

i think its strange that some players are against this, when its already been happening with outfits for over half a decade.

Outfits are a completely different armor rig.  They are easy cash for Anet.  Making armor set pieces work across all professions would take re-working to get them right.  Anet apparently would rather not spend resources doing that; instead, they'd rather sell outfits.

• Like 3
  • Confused 4

Skins yes. 

Currently ZERO logical reason to why its still restricted.

We have outfits which can be used across any armor type class.

So the visual look of a light armor vs heavy armor character is not really a thing when you can put a suit of plate armor on as a elementalist via costume. Since the whole point to keeping it restricted is really just for RP.... and that is thrown out the window via costumes there is really no reason to not open up the use of all skins. 

Choose. Keep it split for visual theme reasons or open it up. The outfits already opened it up. So whats the point in keeping it restricted? I do not get why?

• Like 2
  • Confused 5
  • Sad 1

2 hours ago, kharmin.7683 said:

Outfits are a completely different armor rig.  They are easy cash for Anet.  Making armor set pieces work across all professions would take re-working to get them right.  Anet apparently would rather not spend resources doing that; instead, they'd rather sell outfits.

This changes nothing?
This supports why it would make zero difference if they removed the restriction on armor pieces like there is no restriction on outfits!

Within the same armor type many pieces clip other pieces. Its not been adjusted to work perfectly at all. If it was then it would be valid but allowing armor set pieces changes NOTHING regarding your statement. If armor skins clip other skins even within the same armor weight then what does it change if light armor clips heavy armor? It makes ZERO difference. They can also still just sell armor pieces..... They dont have to sell a whole set either. They have sold many gloves, boots, hats, ect. 

• Like 2
  • Confused 7
  • Sad 1

5 hours ago, Balsa.3951 said:

game has barely any armor skins and people vote against expanding it. u all got what u deserve 

Have you bothered to check GW2efficieny and the total amount of armor skins? We are talking more than 7,000-8,000 at this point. Most of which are not tied to the gem store.

Not sure what your bar for "barely any" is, but it seems very high.

Notice: you not liking skins or just wanting the newest shiny does not qualify as "not available".

Edited by Cyninja.2954
  • Like 6
  • Confused 1

From stat perspective, lets say you craft 1 set of legendary armor and it fits all characters. That instantly makes the material price go 3 times up. There is no way universal legendary armor will cost as much as a current set for 1 armor class. So right now you have more incremental progress, e.g. you make a heavy chest, a medium chest, a light chest, on each step you gained something. From my POV better as is atm.

From cosmetics perspective... w/e to me. Not matching armor? You can do that right now. Clipping? Its already there. A lot of characters already look like tasteless particle vomit due to infusions, many more have no discernable gear, some are asura so you cant even see them. So I dont get the arguments against the idea from cosmetic POV. Let each player match their armor, even now the results are most often just ugly.

And ofc there is the technical side, where we are waiting over half an year for a legendary relic release. Cant imagine what spaghetti they'll have to change to allow mixing armor classes in the wardrobe...

Edited by Hotride.2187

5 hours ago, kharmin.7683 said:

They're really not.  It's one armor piece in a slot that "Fills" every other equipment slot.  Some repurposed town clothing still allows its helmet and gloves to be hidden.

• Like 1
  • Confused 4

4 hours ago, Cyninja.2954 said:

Have you bothered to check GW2efficieny and the total amount of armor skins? We are talking more than 7,000-8,000 at this point. Most of which are not tied to the gem store.

Not sure what your bar for "barely any" is, but it seems very high.

Notice: you not liking skins or just wanting the newest shiny does not qualify as "not available".

big lie. what else u have? quick search wiki is 2805 including a lot armors have the same look but different name. 

don't make up stuff to win an argument

Heavy headgear skins: 266
Heavy shoulders skins: 150
Heavy chest skins: 124
Heavy gloves skins: 157
Heavy leggings skins: 112
Heavy boots skins: 126
Total for Heavy Armor: 935
Light headgear skins: 271
Light shoulders skins: 147
Light chest skins: 124
Light gloves skins: 158
Light leggings skins: 112
Light boots skins: 127
Total for Light Armor: 939
Medium headgear skins: 266
Medium shoulders skins: 147
Medium chest skins: 124
Medium gloves skins: 157
Medium leggings skins: 111
Medium boots skins: 126
Total for Medium Armor: 931
Now, let's sum up the totals for all three armor types:
935 (Heavy) + 939 (Light) + 931 (Medium) = 2805
So, there are a total of 2805 armor skins across all categories.

8000 i loled

Edited by Balsa.3951
  • Like 1
  • Confused 5

1 hour ago, Balsa.3951 said:

big lie. what else u have? quick search wiki is 2805 including a lot armors have the same look but different name. 

don't make up stuff to win an argument

Heavy headgear skins: 266
Heavy shoulders skins: 150
Heavy chest skins: 124
Heavy gloves skins: 157
Heavy leggings skins: 112
Heavy boots skins: 126
Total for Heavy Armor: 935
Light headgear skins: 271
Light shoulders skins: 147
Light chest skins: 124
Light gloves skins: 158
Light leggings skins: 112
Light boots skins: 127
Total for Light Armor: 939
Medium headgear skins: 266
Medium shoulders skins: 147
Medium chest skins: 124
Medium gloves skins: 157
Medium leggings skins: 111
Medium boots skins: 126
Total for Medium Armor: 931
Now, let's sum up the totals for all three armor types:
935 (Heavy) + 939 (Light) + 931 (Medium) = 2805
So, there are a total of 2805 armor skins across all categories.

8000 i loled

You are correct, the 7-8k was in reference to total skins. The armor skins are "only" around 3k (FYI, you don't see all skins, some are hidden unless you have them unlocked. For example I have 271 light head skins instead of your 266).

My point stands: 3k skins is far from "barely any". Even 125 skins, the lowest amount on most items, seems far fetched to be called "barely any". Thanks for proving my point though.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 3

29 minutes ago, Cyninja.2954 said:

You are correct, the 7-8k was in reference to total skins. The armor skins are "only" around 3k (FYI, you don't see all skins, some are hidden unless you have them unlocked. For example I have 271 light head skins instead of your 266).

My point stands: 3k skins is far from "barely any". Even 125 skins, the lowest amount on most items, seems far fetched to be called "barely any". Thanks for proving my point though.

well is ok im used to get downvotes for facts.

besides u cant say its 2800 because its cut in 3 categories so 2800 would be a great number for mix and match. so why against lifting the limits we have now? 

900 per class plus extra would be a more honest representation of what each armor class has now.

u need stay honest and not skew numbers to make it look more than it is. that way we have a good discussion

Edited by Balsa.3951
  • Like 1
  • Confused 7

12 minutes ago, Balsa.3951 said:

besides u cant say its 2800 because its cut in 3 categories so 2800 would be a great number for mix and match. so why against lifting the limits we have now? 

900 per class plus extra would be a more honest representation of what each armor class has now.

u need stay honest and not skew numbers to make it look more than it is. that way we have a good discussion

I literally agreed that the amount of skins per item are less. Yes, most slots have 125-270 skins, 1/3 of which on average are from the gem store, the rest in game.

None of that changes the fact that your claim that minimum 125 skins per item is ludicrous to say it's "barely any". That's the simple fact.

Edited by Cyninja.2954
  • Like 5

2 hours ago, Cyninja.2954 said:

I literally agreed that the amount of skins per item are less. Yes, most slots have 125-270 skins, 1/3 of which on average are from the gem store, the rest in game.

None of that changes the fact that your claim that minimum 125 skins per item is ludicrous to say it's "barely any". That's the simple fact.

its very low for 10 years with most of them from vanilla game.

i don't get ur whole point that u are against trippling the armor count per weight 

funny enough that u get upvotes with false information and facts get downvotes. i guess feelings matter more

Edited by Balsa.3951
  • Like 1
  • Confused 9

57 minutes ago, Balsa.3951 said:

its very low for 10 years with most of them from vanilla game.

i don't get ur whole point that u are against trippling the armor count per weight 

funny enough that u get upvotes with false information and facts get downvotes. i guess feelings matter more

I actually enjoy the system the way it is now. Amazing how people's opinions can differ.

Even more amazing how you assume that making false claims somehow lends more weight or credibility to your OPINION.

Also good attempt at moving the goal post. So suddenly the issue is that the majority of skins are from the base game and not that there is "barely any" (not going to get into this claim and the validity of it, at some point these nonsense exchanges are just that: nonsense). 

Edited by Cyninja.2954
  • Like 4
  • Confused 1

51 minutes ago, Cyninja.2954 said:

I actually enjoy the system the way it is now. Amazing how people's opinions can differ.

Even more amazing how you assume that making false claims somehow lends more weight or credibility to your OPINION.

Also good attempt at moving the goal post. So suddenly the issue is that the majority of skins are from the base game and not that there is "barely any" (not going to get into this claim and the validity of it, at some point these nonsense exchanges are just that: nonsense). 

nanana u can try spin that as u want

does not change that ur claim was wrong and even ur rework was wrong. 

• Confused 7

2 minutes ago, Balsa.3951 said:

nanana u can try spin that as u want

does not change that ur claim was wrong and even ur rework was wrong. 

True, and I already yielded (and/or corrected the value I am talking about)  3 times now.

Fun fact: me making a mistake does not make you right. Interesting how that works huh?

Edited by Cyninja.2954
  • Like 4

9 minutes ago, Cyninja.2954 said:

True, and I already yielded (and/or corrected the value I am talking about)  3 times now.

Fun fact: me making a mistake does not make you right. Interesting how that works huh?

well ur number went down by 300% and u keep calling it plenty. so funny for me to see how u bend reality to fit ur opinion. 8000 became 3000 than 1000 yes but u keep calling it a huge amount.

u better don't check other mmos armor numbers after they out 10years

one wow expansion comes out with 65 sets.

ppl love gw2 i get it cool....but its a fact that anet is very slow in creating new armors. and voting against to fix that situation is just weird.

but its nothing anyone of us can decide anyway.

after all im dealing with a community who voted against mounts for years

Edited by Balsa.3951
  • Confused 4

3 hours ago, Balsa.3951 said:

While you can argue about exact number of skins, calling these 950 skins per weight "barely any" is laughable. I'm guessing that's why you're getting reactions you're getting.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 2

4 minutes ago, Sobx.1758 said:

While you can argue about exact number of skins, calling these 950 skins per weight "barely any" is laughable. I'm guessing that's why you're getting reactions you're getting.

950 in 10 years with majority of them from vanilla.

maybe people can think a moment and use less emotions.

and again its not really 950 since skins have the same look but different name.

im also ok with downvotes i saw what ppl upvote on the forum which is mostly stuff like 

NO

To anything what expand the game or change it in any way

Edited by Balsa.3951
  • Like 1
  • Confused 3

8 minutes ago, Balsa.3951 said:

950 in 10 years with majority of them from vanilla.

That changes nothing about your initial -wrong- claim about having "barely any" skins.

8 minutes ago, Balsa.3951 said:

im also ok with downvotes

Spoiler alert: doubt anyone cares. You're the only one consistently bringing up any "downvotes" in your posts in this thread and now that it was explained "why", you're saying you're ok with them anyways.

Edited by Sobx.1758
  • Like 1
  • Confused 2

2 minutes ago, Sobx.1758 said:

That changes nothing about your initial -wrong- claim about having "barely any" skins.

why is barely a wrong assumption for a 10years old game u have data to back that up? 

the other guy called 8k plenty so 950 is a low number in comparison.

perhaps u can show me another mmo with that number after 10years?

Edited by Balsa.3951
  • Confused 3