Upcoming mirage nerf

Requiem.9648

Not sure why Anet are nerfing this when close to nobody in PVE are playing it even if they see on SC top benchmark. There is litteraly only fews boss in the entire game how mirage are actualy good. Nobody except in raid actualy playing mirage cause there is not purpose to. Anet should realy stop looking at benchmark to balance.  Feel like that mirage is the new ele random nerf its almost like they are saying we nerfing a condi reaper cause they did top benchmark on MO with permanent frost field stack.

Edited by Requiem.9648
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 7

Heres something i wrote under another post:

"in my opinion mirages issues are not caused by dps. Its caused by the rampup time. Just watch the snowcrows benchmark. The Total dps is at 46.6k but in the first 800k hp the bench didnt even reach 42k yet. Thats horribly slow. Mirage probably has the slowest ramp up time of all condi builds and almost every boss has phases with invulnerability or whatever so it has to ramp it up again and again. Mirage probably doesnt even reach 40k on phase bosses because the condi ramp up time is too slow on it. 

Virtuoso on the other hand is probably one of the condi builds with the best burst because of its high crit chance, crit damage and additional power-damage-percentage-increases by illusions spec. Thats why almost everyone plays this instead of mirage in raids, fractals and basically every other group content."

What mirage really needs are buffs to its burst and condi ramp up time. Imagine you need 19 seconds to reach 41k dps under perfect conditions. This is really bad. As comparison, condi virtuoso needs 10 seconds to reach 41k dps (counted in benchmark video).

So basically mirage needs 18-19 sec to reach 41k while its max. Is 46.6k. And virtuoso needs 10 seconds to reach 41k while its max. Is 42.5k.

Even buffing mirage to 50k wouldnt change its viability because it will still deal low damage on phase-bosses because the condi ramp up time of mirage is so immensely bad. Thats such a mess to fix/balance. 

Edited by SeTect.5918
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 4
  • Confused 1

ALso nerfing the imaginary axes from the clones and lacerating chop specifically has the unintended side effect of increasing the skill cap of the build (as was nerfing the auto chain from the clones previouly before this patch). I remember before the relic updates I could do decent damage if I was just good with timing on my ambushes to eat all my energy, just recently I feel like I was struggling with doing decent damage even recently with all the right relics. Increasing the required skill to properly play the profession won't help, and I'm very close to just swapping to condi virt 100% of the time as it seems more reliable and has self healing to boot. 

Edited by Firebeard.1746
  • Like 2

10 hours ago, Levetty.1279 said:

The cherry on top is the Chaos nerfs nerfing weaker Mirage and Chrono builds.

Yes they nerfing the chrono condition a bit by same time and how are just a fine support cdps nothing is overpower on it since confusion got completely destroyed in PVE. But I do agree with some other post that the max dps can be slitley nerf but they should change the ramp up condi damage instead. Mirage have one of the slowest condi ramp up of GW2

Edited by Requiem.9648

They say they're not balancing based off golem numbers any more, but they're still balancing based off golem numbers.

Really needs to be a sanity check of "okay, this might look too strong on paper, but are people actually using it? If not, why?"

• Like 6
  • Thanks 6

6 hours ago, draxynnic.3719 said:

They say they're not balancing based off golem numbers any more, but they're still balancing based off golem numbers.

Really needs to be a sanity check of "okay, this might look too strong on paper, but are people actually using it? If not, why?"

I think I only ever saw a single person use it and they did no where near 40k on a long boss, only trash. 

• Thanks 1

On 1/13/2024 at 7:16 PM, draxynnic.3719 said:

Yeah I'm really curious what % of the player base were actually pulling SC numbers. And if most players couldn't pull those numbers, they need increase the skill floor while decreasing the output of skill cap. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Firebeard.1746 said:

Yeah I'm really curious what % of the player base were actually pulling SC numbers. And if most players couldn't pull those numbers, they need increase the skill floor while decreasing the output of skill cap. 

Which clones' AA is a big part of. These nerfs will affect low skilled players a lot more than Mirage Connoisseurs.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Firebeard.1746 said:

Wasn't that there plan with the rework of the Mirage Axe Ambush. Seems to have backfired creating a super high benchmark for a the few players who want to hit the golem all day. 

The real problem with Mirage and by extension Chronomancer is the long set up. Make a single mistake and you loss 90% of your damage, while on Virtuoso you might not be hitting 40k you will definitely maintain a good 20-30k dps while doing boss mechanics.

Edited by Mell.4873
  • Like 5

I've been playing GW2 since the beginning and now I only play a few weeks every year or so. Those nerfs are really getting to me. I was trying the mesmer elite specs, I really liked mirage, thought "Ok I'll try this in WvW!" Went there and suddenly I only had one dodge. One! Dodge! Then I learned yesterday that you can no longer dodge when stunned. And my chrono gravity well doesn't do any damage anymore (cc skills do like 7 damage now). It's not that I can't play anymore, it's that this makes the class less fun. I haven't played mirage since that nerf.

• Like 3

On 1/13/2024 at 7:16 PM, draxynnic.3719 said:

This is the part that drives me nuts about it. Grouch literally said they wouldn't do this but yet its all that has been done with Mesmer since. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 5

7 hours ago, Voyant.1327 said:

This is the part that drives me nuts about it. Grouch literally said they wouldn't do this but yet its all that has been done with Mesmer since. 

Exactly. If they did balancing by popularity, they wouldn’t even consider touching mirage. Who cares how much DPS mirage does on golem, it is impossible to get same result in real combat scenario. 
According to SC calculations, mirage will deal about 40k dps after nerfs. Tell me one good reason to play with mirage after? If I get answer that question by devs, I will be appreciated because I cannot see any

• Like 2
  • Thanks 4

4 hours ago, Suyheuti.1732 said:

Tell me one good reason to play with mirage after? If I get answer that question by devs, I will be appreciated because I cannot see any

Sorry they cant answer you, they are too busy getting their firebrand buffs through.

• Like 2
  • Haha 4

• 4 weeks later...
On 1/13/2024 at 5:15 AM, SeTect.5918 said:

Heres something i wrote under another post:

"in my opinion mirages issues are not caused by dps. Its caused by the rampup time. Just watch the snowcrows benchmark. The Total dps is at 46.6k but in the first 800k hp the bench didnt even reach 42k yet. Thats horribly slow. Mirage probably has the slowest ramp up time of all condi builds and almost every boss has phases with invulnerability or whatever so it has to ramp it up again and again. Mirage probably doesnt even reach 40k on phase bosses because the condi ramp up time is too slow on it. 

Virtuoso on the other hand is probably one of the condi builds with the best burst because of its high crit chance, crit damage and additional power-damage-percentage-increases by illusions spec. Thats why almost everyone plays this instead of mirage in raids, fractals and basically every other group content."

What mirage really needs are buffs to its burst and condi ramp up time. Imagine you need 19 seconds to reach 41k dps under perfect conditions. This is really bad. As comparison, condi virtuoso needs 10 seconds to reach 41k dps (counted in benchmark video).

So basically mirage needs 18-19 sec to reach 41k while its max. Is 46.6k. And virtuoso needs 10 seconds to reach 41k while its max. Is 42.5k.

Even buffing mirage to 50k wouldnt change its viability because it will still deal low damage on phase-bosses because the condi ramp up time of mirage is so immensely bad. Thats such a mess to fix/balance. 

What are u writing mesmer sisters, holy char, delete this rn or virt gets nerf too

• Sad 1