Y'all havin fun?

After playing a week and change in two different matchups, everything seems... normal. Sometimes we're winning, sometimes we're losing, sometimes we're in second. Sometimes people make proper callouts, sometimes not, sometimes defenders respond sometimes they're nowhere to be found. I win some of my fights and lose some of them.

So I don't hate the beta or anything, after all this time I still like WvW. But when will this end? How many more years, how many more betas? And while the beta isn't (to me) any worse than normal WvW, it's not noticeably better either. I am for the idea of players having more control over who they play with though.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, bigmouse.2163 said:

I am for the idea of players having more control over who they play with though.

If they'd actually implement alliances, I could agree with this.

Right now, they've just replaced servers with mega guilds and (as far as I know) we have no way how all that is actually put together.  For instance, my guild has 4-5 active people running at a time, and some of them try to tag once in a while--is that why we're stuck with mostly random no-name PvE guilds vs. organized guilds, twice in a row now? 

Aside from that, the server was an independent identity, even if the guilds on it fluctuated.  Now that's gone and replaced with an anonymous team name for a certain amount of time, with anonymous teammates--other than the ones in your selected guild--I have no idea how they thought that would make the community stronger.

For me, they need to scrap this until alliances can be implemented.  If they cannot be implemented, then just scrap it and let WvW live out the rest of its lifespan as a server-based mode.  I'd rather they pull a sPvP and leave the whole thing on autopilot than do drastic changes like this which benefit no one.    

Edited by Gotejjeken.1267
  • Like 9
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

Alliances would not provide any sort of world identity, and alliances would still be dictatorships, just like guilds.  About the only truly useful thing alliances would do, is save people a guild slot.  So it's completely rational that anet dropped them since they're a lot of work, for almost no further functionality.

• Like 2
  • Confused 4

Also I should add, that the system that was going to need to be implemented with alliances, to allocate player counts to guilds, and then within a guild, to decide who is in and who is out, would've been a micromanagement nightmare even if implemented.  It's probably a good thing alliances are gone, and I doubt they'll ever return as a system like was originally envisaged. 

Edited by Arya Whitefire.8423
  • Like 1
  • Confused 1

6 hours ago, Gotejjeken.1267 said:

Right now, they've just replaced servers with mega guilds and (as far as I know) we have no way how all that is actually put together.  For instance, my guild has 4-5 active people running at a time, and some of them try to tag once in a while--is that why we're stuck with mostly random no-name PvE guilds vs. organized guilds, twice in a row now? 

Unless you imply the enemy sides has just a single mega guild each that you are not part of, that’s not how random works.

I don't know what the other servers are like, but the "server" I'm on is absolutely infested with spies and trolls. 1 server guarding gates/open walls, other server clearing lord. Fake tags leading into enemy zergs or intentionally creating confusion with tags actually trying, trolling all tactics. I know these things are not new in WvW, but it's been pretty unplayable for the majority of the time that I have tried. 

The previous alliance beta is what got me into WvW. I think this one will make me never come back. 

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

5 hours ago, Dawdler.8521 said:

Unless you imply the enemy sides has just a single mega guild each that you are not part of, that’s not how random works.

I actually play WvW so I know what guilds are organized / fight and which are random no-name....how is that hard?

• Like 1

Linking was supposed to be temporary solution since 2017. We have all waited with great expectation to the Alliances, as populations on relinks are more of a thumb suck of getting decent players or empty server. The number of frustrating weeks you go through the motions of playing but dreading every part of a failed temporary system. Alliances seem to be stacked on certain servers, so here we go again, around the same mountain, no difference to a bad link, except, now you have to contend with players that have permanent resistance, which is supposed to only effect a player once, but something is so wrong with wvw and the builds at the moment, that I personally think this is the lowest this game has been. It is very sad to see groups running every exploit they can because it does not get fixed, period. The one server we are playing this week, is over stacked again, this has been the same server from first beta, and cannot understand why this does not change when we in a beta, and the over stacked server should be completely new alliance to start working on balances and metrics, seriously.......

• Like 2

I feel like these worlds they need to assign a better identity, no idea if they plan to, or if they even plan to use these same beta world names(I hope not), but there needs to be an identity to rally around. In the past it was just left to the servers to come up with their own distinct playstyle and identity from how they functioned as a server, some servers were known for just playing in ebg, some were known for their clouding, some were known for their sieging, (sometimes that was the same server!) but you get what I mean like siegebend, magswag, blobgate, etc.

It's just something that's needed since worlds are going to be so temporary now. It's so bland now that everyone is just known as green blue red, hardly anyone uses names anymore and really that's down to the name abbreviation option, but it's just sad everyone is just a color now, even eotm sides had some theme identity to them. Use the dragons or gods or something.

Stuff like this ya know.... values, mascot, color identity, background lore.

Gryffindor values courage, bravery, nerve, and chivalry. Gryffindor's mascot is the lion, and its colours are scarlet red and gold (maroon and gold on the ties and scarves). During the books, the Head of this house is the Transfiguration Professor and Deputy Headmistress, Minerva McGonagall until she becomes headmistress, and the house ghost is Sir Nicholas de Mimsy-Porpington, more commonly known as Nearly Headless Nick. According to Rowling, Gryffindor corresponds roughly to the element of fire.[13] The founder of the house is Godric Gryffindor.

🤷‍♂️

• Like 2

I'm enjoying it at the moment. and I will also enjoy it in the 3rd week because it is simply refreshing to play together with the players who were once the enemies. I was also really hoping to fight against some people from my origin server, but that didn’t happen yet.
But I will be happy to be back on my server even if Riverside isn't high in the rankings. And if I want to change the Server I will just transfer. I think that's the problem many people have. Losing your “home” and perhaps your friends because the guilds were split up becomes frustrating at some point. And I also think that more players would quit WvW with this system than under previous circumstances. 
It’s refreshing once in a year for a few weeks but forever would kill more than it would heal. 

• Like 4
  • Confused 1

4 hours ago, XenesisII.1540 said:

I feel like these worlds they need to assign a better identity, no idea if they plan to, or if they even plan to use these same beta world names(I hope not), but there needs to be an identity to rally around. In the past it was just left to the servers to come up with their own distinct playstyle and identity from how they functioned as a server, some servers were known for just playing in ebg, some were known for their clouding, some were known for their sieging, (sometimes that was the same server!) but you get what I mean like siegebend, magswag, blobgate, etc.

It's just something that's needed since worlds are going to be so temporary now. It's so bland now that everyone is just known as green blue red, hardly anyone uses names anymore and really that's down to the name abbreviation option, but it's just sad everyone is just a color now, even eotm sides had some theme identity to them. Use the dragons or gods or something.

Gryffindor values courage, bravery, nerve, and chivalry. Gryffindor's mascot is the lion, and its colours are scarlet red and gold (maroon and gold on the ties and scarves). During the books, the Head of this house is the Transfiguration Professor and Deputy Headmistress, Minerva McGonagall until she becomes headmistress, and the house ghost is Sir Nicholas de Mimsy-Porpington, more commonly known as Nearly Headless Nick. According to Rowling, Gryffindor corresponds roughly to the element of fire.[13] The founder of the house is Godric Gryffindor.

🤷‍♂️

Completely blow away WvW by moving to ESO style campaigns and now we can have factions with identities.

We'll get that in GW3 at the rate even doing WR is taking.

On 1/22/2024 at 9:20 PM, XenesisII.1540 said:

🤷‍♂️

That's guilds. You're describing guilds. We see them all the time in WvW.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 4

At the start of the beta WvW was chaotic fun, but now that the first week is over, seems like WvW kind of died off and feels like how it was before server linking was a thing on a low pop server. I would say its worst now because server identity is gone and am not seeing the regulars that played on my server anymore. Not sure how the worlds are supposed to be balanced fir the beta, but I'm assuming I may have just got unlucky and got dropped on a server where the active guilds that probably played the first week dropped WvW this week.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

In prime time i was waiting 20 min that couple dudes did come help cap t0 tower in home border. We already losing +100k. Outnumbered in every map. Funny thing is that enemy is actually so weak that they would get totally destroyed in normal tier 5 match. Anet probably kittened up something and put all daily farmers in one team and all trash gankers in one team.

May I all point your attention to the fact that the sPvP Rush event started today and now sPvP is filled with all the casuals that queued teams during the WvW rush?  Reportedly sPvP team quality has also gone down.

Edited by Chaba.5410
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1

3 hours ago, Dawdler.8521 said:

That's guilds. You're describing guilds. We see them all the time in WvW.

It's funny cause you argue all the time alliances aren't that big of a part of the worlds, and now you want to tell me they're suppose to be the thing to represent the worlds.

Most guilds are a band of mercs, most don't care to be associated with or represent a server/world. So, no, I'm not describing guilds.

I'm looking for something bigger that represents the entire world/side, provides a unified driving force, like Horde vs Alliance, Order vs Destruction, Albion vs Hibernia vs Midgard, New Conglomerate vs Terran Republic vs Vanu Sovereignty, Ebonheart Pact vs Aldmeri Dominion vs Daggerfall Covenant, etc.

5 hours ago, XenesisII.1540 said:

It's funny cause you argue all the time alliances aren't that big of a part of the worlds, and now you want to tell me they're suppose to be the thing to represent the worlds.

Most guilds are a band of mercs, most don't care to be associated with or represent a server/world. So, no, I'm not describing guilds.

I'm looking for something bigger that represents the entire world/side, provides a unified driving force, like Horde vs Alliance, Order vs Destruction, Albion vs Hibernia vs Midgard, New Conglomerate vs Terran Republic vs Vanu Sovereignty, Ebonheart Pact vs Aldmeri Dominion vs Daggerfall Covenant, etc.

Quick look at the Horde shows the Old Horde and the New Horde (Thralls Horde) and apparently a True Horde (Hellscreams Horde) too.

You could say that the side that was the Horde has been… reconstructed.

I find the stories of the individual clans and factions far more interesting. And coincidently they probably fight among themselves quite often. It’s only a matter of what scale you look at.

Besides hasn’t server pride having been dead for a decade? That’s what everyone on the forum says. 

• Confused 1

1 hour ago, Dawdler.8521 said:

Besides hasn’t server pride having been dead for a decade? That’s what everyone on the forum says. 

Hey! Watch it, I am right here. Maybe I shouldn't have applied the self-mental tag. So fair ball. I guess. 

I always have fun when I log into Guild Wars 2,

Unfortunately for me, I have house guests, I only managed to log in 3 times during this beta, there were many many many many enemies to fights, all the while thinking I need to up my game or I will not be able to compete, which is good. 

• Confused 1

9 hours ago, Chaba.5410 said:

May I all point your attention to the fact that the sPvP Rush event started today and now sPvP is filled with all the casuals that queued teams during the WvW rush?  Reportedly sPvP team quality has also gone down.

That is not the point. It's not a problem of quantity. It is the problem of not being carried into joint team action. lack of motivation (for those like me who have always played in reference to their own server) each group puts their content at random, if not worse puts it in the exact opposite way to another group for which they have no ''sympathy'', at least that's my impression.

• Like 1

On 1/13/2024 at 10:54 PM, Absurddd.5780 said:

topic

11 days later and it's still an absolutely miserable experience. Don't believe I've disliked the dev's more than I do at this point in time.

What a miserable experience. If this continues there is no way I'm continuing to play.

• Like 2
  • Confused 1