Anet assigned builds only week

Awww, sorry you do not understand the idea behind this, once in a while, anet should make everyone use the same build for each profession to see if they are really balanced. 
players going in to WvW as a Guardian will be ask to select a build they want to use, support/damage etc 

now discuss. 

• Confused 7
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, SweetPotato.7456 said:

Why don't we have a week where players can only used pre-build-builds in WvW 
Everyone who isn't level 80 will be set to level 80s and can use all the pre-build builds in WvW.

Go ahead, Start discussing. 

Sweet so this is where I have found less and less interest in sPvP as a test ground for WvW. For grins and giggles I had jumped into some matches and what I saw were too many players not attacking if they were either outnumbered in the fight or weren't willing to fall to actually win. Very few were willing to even try a 1 v 2 let alone more. sPvP though even just 5v5 continues to move more towards zerg mentality where only engage if you aren't +1 or better. I call +1 them always as rule 68 in WvW but you also need to understand when to attack more to pin them down for various reasons even if means you are going to fall out. I think fixed gear sets limit these options and remove tactics from the modes and limits player options to build for their builds, reaction times, skill and internet speeds. Before the end of the last year I geared heavy since my connection to the server was 3 MB/S down but at times just .5 MB/S up so for a decade I had to plan on a lot of hits and plan on lag meaning my attacks would not land. sPvP options never accounted for that, and with less build options and skill splits meant it was even less of value when testing new builds in a quicker fashion in sPvP where you could quickly repeat rotations and adjust those rotations in sPvP before applying that rotation in a new build to WvW and deciding it was worth crafting. I Still WvW as the biggest of the sand boxes and would see limiting build options as a negative since we will never be balanced since the mode allows for a 50 v 50 v 50 but also a 50 v 1 at the same time. So no, no gear limits IMO, even when I Roam, Havoc, Zerg Surf, Comp Group.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2
  • Confused 1

Well, I don't think WvW that week would be higher quality. So no.

I wouldn't mind if they add like specialty classes that you can pick up at spawn like missing GW1 professions (Dervish, Paragon, Ritualist, Assassin, Monk) or completely new ones like shapeshifter, spy, flame shaman. Only way to get rid of them would be returning to spawn.

Edited by Riba.3271
  • Like 1
  • Confused 1

5 hours ago, SweetPotato.7456 said:

Awww, sorry you do not understand the idea behind this, once in a while, anet should make everyone use the same build for each profession to see if they are really balanced. 
players going in to WvW as a Guardian will be ask to select a build they want to use, support/damage etc

This has to be a joke; it looks more like an April Fool's Day gag than anything serious.

"Hi, you just logged in and want to play? Great! Here's how you are allowed to play this week. No, your own build that you're familiar with and know how it works isn't currently available right now, sorry. But here's a bunch of ANet-selected skills for you! We're sure you'll love it, now go do some unpaid testing for us."

How could anyone possibly have a problem with that?

• Like 4
  • Confused 1

Just now, Teknomancer.4895 said:

This has to be a joke; it looks more like an April Fool's Day gag than anything serious.

"Hi, you just logged in and want to play? Great! Here's how you are allowed to play this week. No, your own build that you're familiar with and know how it works isn't currently available right now, sorry. But here's a bunch of ANet-selected skills for you! We're sure you'll love it, now go do some unpaid testing for us."

How could anyone possibly have a problem with that?

Sounds like pvp to me.

Or more like the reason i dont play pvp.

Cant use own stat combos or mixes but only what pvp lobby offers us (full zerker, full x, full y, full whatever). 80% of runes and sigils also not available. 

Yes, i agree, i dont want that either.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3

Easiest week to skip, ever. 

Practically speaking, basically every single WvW player would hate to be forced to play a class or build they didn't choose.

This is a game, having fun is the whole point. Why would Anet upset everyone in WvW?

• Like 4

First of all thank you who actually given an answer. 

Now to address why this idea of mine was conceived. I wanted to know what actually is Arenanet idea of best build for WvW, hence if they were to come out with set-builds, we would probably have an idea why the skills is the way they are. 
To those who think it will be a Boonball fest, how do you know that is what ArenaNet fix-build is gonna be? Maybe there is a build we do not know about that is great for WvW and Anet has it. If they give us meh build, we still win, we can always memes about a week where allegedly Anet doesn't  know their own build. 

4 hours ago, disForm.2837 said:

Easiest week to skip, ever. 

Practically speaking, basically every single WvW player would hate to be forced to play a class or build they didn't choose.

This is a game, having fun is the whole point. Why would Anet upset everyone in WvW?

Just look at the forum, do you think these players are having fun? everyday someone wants to remove or nerf something. seriously. But you get a heart too, because that's a very direct answer. 
@TheGrimm,
no, only low level players gets to scale up to level 80, there's no change what so ever to anyone else armor etc.  we just getting the premade build from Anet. I was thinking a weeek where everyone was level 80 may give a better numbers to skill balancing. 

Anyway, wish there were more constructive responds like yours, but I guess people don't know how to react to something new, cos they complaint too much.

• Confused 2

1 hour ago, SweetPotato.7456 said:

First of all thank you who actually given an answer. 

Now to address why this idea of mine was conceived. I wanted to know what actually is Arenanet idea of best build for WvW, hence if they were to come out with set-builds, we would probably have an idea why the skills is the way they are. 
To those who think it will be a Boonball fest, how do you know that is what ArenaNet fix-build is gonna be? Maybe there is a build we do not know about that is great for WvW and Anet has it. If they give us meh build, we still win, we can always memes about a week where allegedly Anet doesn't  know their own build. 

Just look at the forum, do you think these players are having fun? everyday someone wants to remove or nerf something. seriously. But you get a heart too, because that's a very direct answer. 
@TheGrimm,
no, only low level players gets to scale up to level 80, there's no change what so ever to anyone else armor etc.  we just getting the premade build from Anet. I was thinking a weeek where everyone was level 80 may give a better numbers to skill balancing. 

Anyway, wish there were more constructive responds like yours, but I guess people don't know how to react to something new, cos they complaint too much.

For what its worth, not liking one given suggestion does not mean that someone is opposed to something new in general.

For example, build craft is a significant portion of what I enjoy about this game. Removing that aspect by assigning builds would be removing an important (to me at least) part of the game. As a result, I am not in favor of this one particular suggestion even though I am open to others.

And, on a purely technical level, assigned builds would not allow for determining or testing the best or better builds in general because those assigned builds would only be playing against other assigned builds. Knowing that assigned build A does well against assigned builds B and C would be largely useless information unless assigned builds became permanent because you would not know how it compares to the many freeform player created builds.

Edited by Ashen.2907
  • Like 2

If started builds for character boost are any example, we can't really expect that much. 

5 hours ago, SweetPotato.7456 said:

Maybe there is a build we do not know about that is great for WvW and Anet has it.

Doubt. Let me try to explain myself.

I think what most people involved in WvW feel, and after reading patch notes every time a balance patch comes out, is that there is a disconnect between what players see and what Anet sees. There is not really much communication from Anet and the players other than a few lines above each class on a balance update and there is no real info presented on how they gathered data to make decisions. The general consensus is that there a discord server where  a bunch of developers and guild leaders discuss stuff related to balance, but then again, most people (I think) feel discouraged because that gives the impression of not listening to the average player.

A quick search on the forums tells me that interaction between devs and players is almost non existent, outside the one dev posting patch notes, or the one that gives feedback on bugs.

When it comes to streams where devs are speaking to the community, I still remember the many things ppl suggest, devs proceeds to take note of it making promises that is "going to be reviewed" and we don't hear about it anymore. Ever. This just leave me with the feeling that regular player concerns are not a priority.

Now what about WvW? There was one person from Anet that I've ever seen run in WvW without being on a boon blob, and that was Grouch. Every single Anet tag out there is always on a boon blob, and as much as I understand that they may not be related to the balance team, the impression this gives to the community is that they are supporting that kind of gameplay.

Now, why am I saying all of this stuff? Just to try to show that, from my perspective, Anet seems to be not very familiar to the many gameplays spawned from WvW, and how many different ppl play the gamemode. Yes, is their game, and they know how classes work and stuff, but when it comes to WvW, they seem to be completly clueless about the human side of the game, and how ppl will interact and play.

Which leads me back to my original point: I doubt they know about builds that are potentially better than what ppl in the community would come up with. I also doubt that they understand how ppl like to play this game mode. And I also doubt they will ever do something remotly decent content wise for WvW (Come on, they still can't fix the queue bug lmao).

• Thanks 1

On 1/20/2024 at 8:44 AM, SweetPotato.7456 said:

Why don't we have a week where players can only used pre-build-builds in WvW 
Everyone who isn't level 80 will be set to level 80s and can use all the pre-build builds in WvW.

Go ahead, Start discussing. 

Builds made by Anet?

chuckles

• Confused 1