The disaster of the "alliances" and the end of wvw. FOR ARENANET

rthgw.4901

This is the result of the "fantastic" alliances you have created. The macro clans occupy the Eternal Battlegrounds map, which is known to be the favorite of most wvw players throughout the afternoon until 12 at night and the rest of us cannot enter the map without waiting in a 40-minute queue. The rest of the maps are untouched because no one cares since they are not linked nor do they feel like they belong to any server, so they care little or nothing about scoring, they just want to fight without further ado and do it on Eternals, which is the most conducive map for it. . The rest of the regular wvw players tired of waiting to enter Eternals and enter these other maps and seeing them almost always empty so they leave the game.

Please leave the servers as they were and do not continue trying to bring fashionable globalism to a game as well; I suppose you know the story of the Tower of Babel and how it ended.
Otherwise you will have begun the beginning of the end of wvw.

I give you some screenshots of the consequences of "your creation".

https://i.postimg.cc/0jTMzKjQ/1.jpg

https://i.postimg.cc/XY0B35t1/2.jpg

https://i.postimg.cc/yN1J3H1F/3.jpg

https://i.postimg.cc/3rVDSV1T/4.jpg

https://i.postimg.cc/BncLv60S/5.jpg

* This happens every day most of the time.

Edited by rthgw.4901
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 2
  • Confused 17
  • Sad 1

"People are playing on EBG, what a disaster!"

I think you have not understood the meaning of the mention I made regarding EBG. Read a little more carefully or don't answer if you don't contribute anything.
Maybe you don't work or study and have time to wait 30 or 40 minutes each day to play Eternals, others of us, on the other hand, don't have that time and we haven't paid for a game and expansions to wait 40 minutes to enter a map either.

• Haha 1
  • Confused 12
  • Sad 2

27 minutes ago, rthgw.4901 said:

Read a little more carefully [...]

People playing on EBG, which is the end of WvW?
Sorry, but I even clicked on every single one of your pictures. Could you provide us with more insight and wisdom?

• Like 3

Wait am I looking at some special event here or something?  👀

A queued ebg is not exactly something new.... and there's three other maps to play on, which going by your 4th image there was clearly a squad running in greenbl... 🤷‍♂️

Edited by XenesisII.1540
  • Thanks 4

23 minutes ago, Chaba.5410 said:

EBG is a popular map. So?

be a developer and challenge yourself? feel capable of doing better? work on a new map capable of being even more popular than ebg? ambition should always fly higher if you want a solution that can amaze you. I must have read it somewhere.

• Like 4
  • Confused 3

16 minutes ago, Mabi black.1824 said:

be a developer and challenge yourself? feel capable of doing better? work on a new map capable of being even more popular than ebg? ambition should always fly higher if you want a solution that can amaze you. I must have read it somewhere.

I'm interested in what the OP is looking for or expects without injecting too much of my own ideas.  I can almost certainly make my own propositions, like everyone else around here (one obvious "solution" is to replace borderlands with additional copies of EBG).  Not our jobs though.  I'd rather help the OP look at the problem differently.  EBG being a popular map has little bearing on this world restructuring thing.

Edited by Chaba.5410
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 3
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, rthgw.4901 said:

"People are playing on EBG, what a disaster!"

I think you have not understood the meaning of the mention I made regarding EBG. Read a little more carefully or don't answer if you don't contribute anything.
Maybe you don't work or study and have time to wait 30 or 40 minutes each day to play Eternals, others of us, on the other hand, don't have that time and we haven't paid for a game and expansions to wait 40 minutes to enter a map either.

What is your normal queue for EBG on your normal server at the same time as these screen shots? Which servers are normally queued after? Are you seeing more or less tags on the borderlands?

• Like 1

One or two queued maps is not a problem.  It means a player can go to an open map.  All four maps being queued can be a problem.  This is what EOTM was meant to address, that a player can still play but on the overflow.  Lot less queues this reset since the WvW rush event is over leading all the regular WvW players to confirm that it was the rush event bringing in pve players all along and not the beta.

Edited by Chaba.5410

1 hour ago, Chaba.5410 said:

One or two queued maps is not a problem.  It means a player can go to an open map.  All four maps being queued can be a problem.  This is what EOTM was meant to address, that a player can still play but on the overflow.  Lot less queues this reset since the WvW rush event is over leading all the regular WvW players to confirm that it was the rush event bringing in pve players all along and not the beta.

I think that eotm or a new map addition to wvw with full rewards as base maps could alleviate queues during peak times.

• Like 1
  • Confused 3

Another issue are the abundance of "Wall runners". People who choose a place and run into the wall to keep their place in EBG while they take a break. This needs to be SERIOUSLY addressed by ANET. Sure, we can report them for botting, but an ANET employee has to be able to respond to it in a timely manner for it to be resolved. There's already a timer for idle players, but the problem is that only tracks actions, not distance traveled. What really needs to be added to the equation is a minimum distance covered to the idle player algorithm. As well as a action taken algorithm so players can't use the auto cast function to act like they are there. With queues being artificially created by these people, who have no regard for others, something needs to be done, and soon. It's long overdue.

Edited by Heibi.4251
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 5
  • Sad 1

56 minutes ago, ronkul.1320 said:

I think that eotm or a new map addition to wvw with full rewards as base maps could alleviate queues during peak times.

Maybe an all fight map. No objectives. Just the spawn points and open structures to set up for your little ambushes and such. Then the fight guilds, or plain fight oriented groups can go there and "enjoy" each other's company, leaving the objective defending and taking to the other folks.

Edited by Heibi.4251
  • Like 1
  • Confused 2
  • Sad 1

It is an opinion and by the way, in the same vein as other messages on the forum that also ask that the Alliances not continue and that curiously have not had as many responses, it seems that being popular has its advantages although it was not necessary for so many of you to go out and harass and demolishing to destroy the thread started so quickly, obviously not all, plus those that remain to be written.  I say destroy because Arianth's comment about "if you don't like it, leave or find another game" not only doesn't contribute anything but is laughable, others already require a more serious analysis.  

However, I take this opportunity to warn and publicly denounce and I hope that ArenaNet takes action, that bullying is regularly practiced in this game and that the game and its content in Spain is governed by Spanish laws and is sanctioned as a criminal offense.  Having already exceeded the limit of what is tolerable, which motivated my departure from Baruch, perhaps in the future what I will present will not be a report to the company but a criminal complaint. 

And here the created thread ends, you have already destroyed it like so many other things in the game.  It makes me very sad to see people act like this and I will never understand it.

Nothing more to say.  Obviously I am not going to continue writing to prevent the "fun" of some who would like to continue their hunt. 

Greetings from someone in love with wvw who has had the misfortune of trying to help and contribute everything possible in a harmful environment. 

Edited by rthgw.4901
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 8
  • Sad 1

26 minutes ago, rthgw.4901 said:

However, I take this opportunity to warn and publicly denounce and I hope that ArenaNet takes action, that bullying is regularly practiced in this game and that the game and its content in Spain is governed by Spanish laws and is sanctioned as a criminal offense.  Having already exceeded the limit of what is tolerable, which motivated my departure from Baruch, perhaps in the future what I will present will not be a report to the company but a criminal complaint. 

And here the created thread ends, you have already destroyed it like so many other things in the game.  It makes me very sad to see people act like this and I will never understand it.

What on earth are you on about? People disagreeing with you is not "bullying" or "harassment". If you only like EBG and refuse to play on the other maps that seems like a you problem. I see plenty of action on borderlands and prefer them over EBG.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 4

5 hours ago, Bizgurk.5639 said:

People playing on EBG, which is the end of WvW?
Sorry, but I even clicked on every single one of your pictures. Could you provide us with more insight and wisdom?

I think he meant that if he cannot go to EBG it'll be the end of WvW

• Thanks 2

7 hours ago, Nugatory.8920 said:

An easy fix really, scrap all borderlands and replace them with EBG copies.

Writing one more time, hopefully the last; people continued to harass trying to ridicule me along the lines of most other messages.  Nugatory, is fun to disrespect another person, right?  Look yourself in a mirror. You are portraying yourselves and with each message you show your toxicity and that indeed my complaint is more than true.  You read and interpret whatever you want in order to attack me and without prejudice to stating things that I have not said but of course this is not bullying, it is simply a meeting of friends wanting to joke and have a good time;  The miserable thing is that your jokes and fun are at someone else's expense, it is sad and embarrassing that people follows this path.  

If all these so-called trolls today (I would call them something else) had not gotten involved, the thread would have followed its normal course in terms of debating what was said, as I have already said, they, spurred on by others, had to go and verbally attack me and try to ridicule me thereby motivating my two subsequent messages.  The thing is that my passion for the game (wvw) is far above his harassment.  

In the past a former member of the clan took a photo from my WhatsApp group in which appeared my two youngest children and they began to distribute that photo, I was tempted to report them to the Prosecutor's Office.  Also destroyed the SFR server where my clan met and the owner had to respect the server, but no, all of this neither is bullying and so on for years, even many of the messages that have been written here demonstrate it.

My desire to play in the best game I have never seen is stronger, but now my patience is over and no matter how much they mock and laugh, what I have said and denounced is very serious.  There have been too many years of enduring all this. I also hope that ArenaNet takes action on this and randomly monitors what is happening in their game chats.

We are losing the right to give our opinion or to denounce conduct that we consider reprehensible, perhaps we are returning to the theses of 1940 in Central Europe.  Maybe you like what was done in the past to those who showed their disagreement with the regime. Also then, mocking or ridiculing and harassing others was common, all against one. Look yourself in a mirror.

By the way, where are the moderators of this forum?  They should have closed this thread hours ago. In the game honest people are defenseless but also in the forum?

And since the moderators don't appear, can we leave it here?  Yes, my approach regarding the Alliances is wrong and wvw have many years of life left;  what you want.

Good night and goodbye. 

Edited by rthgw.4901
  • Confused 10
  • Sad 1

There aren't any easy answers here. I would tend to lean towards this beta being yet another useless to bad experiment.

1) Opened with WvW Rush immediately before it into the actual beta itself. Hopefully the last week of WvW didn't factor into the beta at all when assigning those who didn't pick active wvw guilds

2) Call of War is on which is great if you're trying to farm Gifts of Battle and you main pve. But it doesn't give us an accurate idea of who will be sticking around. I'm not here to blame pvers. But the reality is putting in place call of war messes with player counts and puts more dedicated players into queues.

3) "Play with your friends and guild" is a counterproductive concept when the pvp player pop whether we're talking wvw or spvp is miniscule. Especially when there's no adjustment for size, you just get more magic find if you're outnumbered 3 to 1. All you have to do is look at New World to watch how monopolizing the winning of wars has cratered the pvp population. If they go ahead with implementing these beta alliances into the game permanently you'll have people who decide queueing isn't worth their time. The best guilds will have already consolidated and will bully the other servers. The game dies out. That's what happened with New World. Funnily enough you can look at New World and exploits as well. The past couple of weeks I'm sure anyone participating in a zerg has noticed skill buffering in some of the fights they engaged in. It reminds me of the early ice gauntlet days in New World. It's an interesting window into how the New World game engine is different from the Guild Wars 2 one. Ban exploiters Arena Net. Please. When a guild comps to take advantage and exploit a server/engine limitation and then you see them again and again it gets old fast. We shouldn't have to play the game assuming a certain Guild tag will be exploiting tonight and so we need to use our abilities fast and early and hope they have more people buffering skills than we do.

• Like 1
  • Confused 3