Legendary Aquabreather?

So now that Anet has confirmed that anyone who has crafted a Legendary Rune prior to Legendary Relics release will get the Legendary Relic for free... Will we also get a similar treatment for a Legendary Aquabreather at any point???

It's kind of weird that we can craft 7 Legendary Runes with the 7th being for the Aquabreather but there's still NO LEGENDARY AQUABREATHER, even though Legendary Armor has been out for close to a decade?!

How hard can it be to make it so whenver you craft any Legendary Headpiece you also unlock a Legendary Aquabreather with the same skin as the crafted Headpiece?!

EDIT: I should probably say that I don't mind if we don't get a Legendary Aquabreather for free, but I do want to be able to craft one, unless Anet decides to delete that useless piece of slot...

Edited by Mor The Thief.9135
  • Like 7
  • Thanks 2
  • Confused 4

1 minute ago, Gehenna.3625 said:

We have barely heard of the legendary relic being released and you're back on this topic already. I mean, yeah, I would also like a leggy aquabreather but c'mon.

I mean Anet had almost a decade to release one ever since Legendary Armor was released, what's holding them back from doing so?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2
  • Confused 2

regardless of whether we need a legendary aquabreather or not, theres no justification of giving it away from Free.

the relic compensation is due to the reworked funtionalty of Runes, nothing have changed about how Headgear works, stop being a choosy begger

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 2

1 hour ago, Parasite.5389 said:

regardless of whether we need a legendary aquabreather or not, theres no justification of giving it away from Free.

the relic compensation is due to the reworked funtionalty of Runes, nothing have changed about how Headgear works, stop being a choosy begger

Then make it so you need a Legendary Headpiece to unlock the ability to craft one or something. It's just the completionist in me screaming that not every slot in my armory is Legendary 😆.

• Confused 5

It would be nice to use your normal headgear underwater, and choose an aquabreather skin that replaces your headgear when underwater. Just like your gliders that replace your backpiece when you glide. Change all aquirable aquabreathers into items that just grant aquabreather skins, and start selling premium aquabreathers in the gemstore.

Then, because we have things like +30% swim speed infusions, I guess give amulets a new enrichment slot that can only hold underwater infusions?

• Like 3

Sure. But it will not be able to switch stats, will not be able to transmute for free, will not be an account wide unlock and it will not be able to free release any infusions. ANet will still call it a legendary tho so don't worry.

• Haha 1
  • Confused 1

ah... Goodness gracious! I still need to craft 2 runes and I'm afraid this will only increase the price of everything needed to craft the runes since now, everyone will rush to craft at least one... 🫤

oh yeah, back to topic. Since it's really doubtful that they add any proper underwater content, I agree that they should just give a free legendary aquabreather to anyone who has at least, crafted a legendary headgear.

Edited by Arianth Moonlight.6453
  • Confused 1

Why should they? How are any of those related? "No underwater expansion" + "has legendary headgear" = "free legendary aquabreather"

I think, since I have legendary underwater weapons, it should be "has 1 leg UW weapon" = "free aquabreather."

If they add a legendary aquabreather (which they shouldn't, they should remove the aquabreather), it should be acquired the same way as any other legendary piece.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Astralporing.1957 said:

Lack of underwater content, i'd guess. Or maybe their lack of memory of underwater content.

Considering there're Legendary Weapons, I'd say it's the latter.

And I for one don't mind if Aquabreather gets deleted entirely, problem is that some people, like me, have crafted 7 Legendary Runes, especially with the initial announcement that Anet has made regarding Legendary Relics (My 7th was crafted before EoD so Relics is the not the reason I have 7). So if Anet does remove the Aquabreather slot, at the very least people that have crafted 7 Legendary Rune should be compansated entirely for 1 Rune worth.

• Like 1

Just now, Arianth Moonlight.6453 said:

yep, that's why I think removing the aquabreather is impossible now. Maybe a free legendary aquabreather for anyone who craft 7 runes?

I already edited my OP to state that I don't mind if it's free or not, I just want to be able to get one...

27 minutes ago, Mor The Thief.9135 said:

I already edited my OP to state that I don't mind if it's free or not, I just want to be able to get one...

yeah, me too. Although it would be nice to get one for free considering I already spent more than a year dedicated solely to craft all my legendary gear and still have to craft all the sigils and 2 runes. Besides, the aquabreather was a mistake, one that as I already said, can't be removed.

• Confused 1

I'm probably in the minority, but as somebody who loves underwater games, and enjoys the Aquatic Ruins fractal (as a Scourge tbh), I'm still hoping for a proper underwater themed expansion. One that not only adds a Legendary Aquabreather, but also completely updates the underwater gameplay in general. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Arianth Moonlight.6453 said:

nah, I also want my Bunny ears to be available underwater. Just remove it and give people with 7 runes a token tradable for something like gold or a bag with a ton of mats or whatever.

how would ur bunny ears not possible with what i said?

• Confused 3

18 hours ago, Mor The Thief.9135 said:

I mean Anet had almost a decade to release one ever since Legendary Armor was released, what's holding them back from doing so?

I don't have the answer to that. I have some guesses but that's all anybody has. I'm just saying that on the day the news comes for legendary relics, why bring this up on the same day? Why not be happy for at least a little while that they didn't bork up the compensation thing? I mean, I was excited over this news and then I see this thread and I'm thinking "geez, couldn't you just be excited over a good decision for one day?".