Anet please have another Twitch Drop ASAP [Merged]

On 1/27/2024 at 6:39 AM, kharmin.7683 said:

Well, for that matter, let's just skip the Twitch idea and give everyone a free item.

This kids nowadays don't want to work for reward ... Anet should add the "Gift of Twitch" and require it for every new legendary with limited functionality, no more freebies 😄

• Haha 1
  • Confused 2

Oh, I was expecting some discussion about what might actually be coming in the next twitch drop.

I expect we'll get some combination of:

• outfit / glider skin
  • mini
  • low-impact gemstore items (character build template, stack of single-use teleport to friend, hairstyling kit, stack of unidentified dye)

I would love to get a character equipment template, a bag slot, or something else that actually benefits at least one of my characters.

29 minutes ago, frazazel.7501 said:

Oh, I was expecting some discussion about what might actually be coming in the next twitch drop.

I expect we'll get some combination of:

• outfit / glider skin
  • mini
  • low-impact gemstore items (character build template, stack of single-use teleport to friend, hairstyling kit, stack of unidentified dye)

I would love to get a character equipment template, a bag slot, or something else that actually benefits at least one of my characters.

• Mount skin
  • A single black lion chest key
  • More capes

:D 

13 minutes ago, kharmin.7683 said:

You know Anet would never do that.  They make too much bank on those things to give them away for free.

We got bag slots from Twitch drops last year. We were all pleasantly surprised. So I don't expect something nice like this, but I can hope.

19 hours ago, ugrakarma.9416 said:

anet could implement a "free button", once u push it, u get everything unlocked.

Then we'd get threads how pressing said button is too much work and how we've already paid for the game after all so some one should have pressed that button for us already. 😉

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 3

Lets be honest, all Twitch drops do is bring the afk bots to streams for the free items, then they leave. The game gets LIMITED exposure for a week, Arenanet spends money on the advertising budget (I heard they do pay pretty well for streamers to play the game) and then in two weeks they don't really get anything at the end of it. Most of the new streamers don't come back, and most of the streamers who stuck with GW2 get free money for advertising the game to the same viewers who already watch them play it.

If you are posting on this forum, chances are you don't need Twitch drops. Twitch drops helps get NEW players to try it by offering that free loot so when they get a drop they might walk into the store. It might offer a reminder "Hey look at me, I'm Guild Wars 2 and I'm still alive, come back" to bring a possible returning player back, but then you get the complaints about "Why can't I just skip the stupid Twitch site and give you $5 for it..."

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

Haha, you got me. I log in to Twitch only when drops are running. I choose a suitable stream, then mute my phone, and check on it periodically until I got all my drops.

I'm not interested in watching someone play GW2. I'll watch a YouTube video of someone talking about specific GW2 content, but I have better things to do than actually watch someone's screen that's flashing crazy spell effects where you can't really tell what's happening.

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, frazazel.7501 said:

Haha, you got me. I log in to Twitch only when drops are running. I choose a suitable stream, then mute my phone, and check on it periodically until I got all my drops.

I'm not interested in watching someone play GW2. I'll watch a YouTube video of someone talking about specific GW2 content, but I have better things to do than actually watch someone's screen that's flashing crazy spell effects where you can't really tell what's happening.

Why check in you do know there are addons for web browser that auto claim twitch drops right?

On 1/28/2024 at 5:39 AM, Linken.6345 said:

No it dont benefit everyone, explain how it benefit people who dont watch twitch.

You can open up a stream, mute it and reduce it to icon. I don't watch twitch either, but I do get twitch drops :-)

• Confused 1

On 2/3/2024 at 3:31 AM, kharmin.7683 said:

You know Anet would never do that.  They make too much bank on those things to give them away for free.

Giving those away for free, ensures future expansion purchase because 
"Legendary Relics in Future Expansions 
Legendary Relics will work a bit differently than other legendary equipment, in that players will need to unlock new relic effects for future expansions in order to make use of them with their legendary relics...."

I tried to help, bit too late now I suppose.

• Confused 4
  • Sad 1

• 3 weeks later...

We're celebrating the release of "The Realm of Dreams" with Twitch Drops! From February 27 at 9 a.m. Pacific Time (UTC-8) to March 3 at 11:59 p.m. (UTC-8), get a free Convenience Set for watching any Twitch channel streaming Guild Wars 2!

The Convenience Set contains:

• Mistlock Sanctuary Passkey (2 weeks)
  • (5) Trading Post Expresses
  • (5) Merchant Expresses
  • (5) Bank Access Expresses

If drops were supposed to be the lure here then I know what I'm not watching! 😄 

Edited by Sobx.1758
  • Like 3
  • Haha 2
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

2 hours ago, Sobx.1758 said:

If drops were supposed to be the lure here then I know what I'm not watching! 😄 

Wait those are real? 😧

If so then drops are getting worse each time they're coming around it seems. I mean we started with a skin that was somewhat exclusive and hasn't been available in years, went to outfit vouchers and have now arrived at Trading Post Expresses?

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Vavume.8065 said:

Extremely underwhelming.

Wow you are completely correct. I already have mystlock (unlimited) and all the other stuff is basically trash. I guess I won't have figure out who to watch.

For those that haven't seen it:

https://www.guildwars2.com/en/twitch-drops/

From February 27 at 9 a.m. Pacific Time (UTC-8) to March 3 at 11:59 p.m. (UTC-8), you'll be able to earn an in-game reward for Guild Wars 2 by watching any Twitch channel broadcasting Guild Wars 2.

Rewards: Convenience Set, which includes a Trading Post Express (x5), Merchant Express (x5), Bank Access Express (x5) and a Mistlock Sanctuary Passkey (2 weeks).

• Like 3
  • Confused 3
  • Sad 1