A bit annoyed by the axe changes.

Shao.7236

Slow was nice to pair with other sources (Mallyx CotM and FE) on top of condition covering to prevent cleansing of the condition (Torment) that is now repeated again. Revenant needs variety in it's condition to keep people from constantly cleansing, this makes it easier and I'm not a fan of it because Axe 4 was 2 conditions on top of being unblockable for an easy top off.

Speeding up the Rift is cool but for those who use Axe as a power weapon with Shiro, that's a huge buff on Quickness so I hope no one will be complaining about that too much.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 4

Agreed.

I used to sometimes run it instead of an offhand sword, just because it's a lot more interesting and fun.
When I saw that they were completely removing the Slow, I cringed, rip axe for pvp, at least it will be for me on power builds, and condi builds don't have any other offhand offensive options.
So for power builds: Offhand sword forever, I guess.

• Like 2

i don't get the change, clearly they want to make it a button worth pressing in pve rotations, but the teleport and dash through repositioning makes it a dangerous and unappealing button to press in a lot of situations

plus, i don't see why utility attacks can't exist even in pve, why does everything need to be about whether or not it's worth it for dps

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

13 minutes ago, Thevaultdwellinggamer.4267 said:

But how else would they justify perma slow on scepter? They got a Expansion to sell after all!/s

I see slow getting replaced overtime with bleeding, burning or torment instead.

People who fight it might complain in the future too much that is maybe annoying to fight with that uptime. Idk

• Confused 1

Random change that will apply a nerf somewhere, for the alteration at some point it's almost sure, but for the changes I'm not going to say we're used to it. I'd prefer 1000% slowness for a skill that can kill you.

Edited by Angesombre.4630
  • Like 1
  • Confused 1

15 hours ago, Shagie.7612 said:

i don't get the change, clearly they want to make it a button worth pressing in pve rotations, but the teleport and dash through repositioning makes it a dangerous and unappealing button to press in a lot of situations

plus, i don't see why utility attacks can't exist even in pve, why does everything need to be about whether or not it's worth it for dps

For real, not only that but they aren't looking at the bigger picture ever.

Giving Abyssal Chill one more stack of Torment be way more of a useful change for Revenant overall and that would buff Axe 4 at the same time.

There's so much chill that never meant much and still doesn't as this change take away from the interesting aspect offhands the profession has.

Shoehorning harder and harder identities that Revenant never needed.

Ever since they started touching offhands, it's just been a downward spiral towards giving each weapon a super specific purpose rather than capitalize on their versatility.

Sword was a more defensive approached that could have simply used slightly higher co-efficients became a simple DPS bump.

Axe as the OG DPS now being forced to be condition because somehow even if Sword had similar benefits with a different approach, they felt inclined to also remove confusion and add more torment to it probably because of PvE again.

Both could achieve the same with a flavour of their own, why take that away.

Putting everything into one single condition, it's just annoying, confusion always had been useful to keep spammy classes like Holo Static Discharge or Firebrand to use their brains but no, that would be too much to manage.

All in all, removing the variety removes it's versatility, a big shame. Can tell they don't really do much but look at Golem DPS addicts meta builds without much thought about anything else in the game when it comes to Revenant.

We had good changes like Chilling Isolation, but the majority is still not the greatest and they've been tackling the bugs like CoR but there's more to do.

Edited by Shao.7236
  • Like 5
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Shao.7236 said:

Putting everything into one single condition, it's just annoying, confusion always had been useful to keep spammy classes like Holo Static Discharge or Firebrand to use their brains but no, that would be too much to manage.

i'm not sure they like confusion existing anymore tbh
the swing in damage from one boss to another makes it really hard to tune in a way that torment, the other conditional condi, doesn't suffer from since boss movement is so much less frequent

but yeahhh, condi rev's cover conditions are like nonexistent and playing it as anything but sidenode herald is real rough
meanwhile a single skull grinder inflicts like 8 different things if akeem procs? lol

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, Shao.7236 said:

All in all, removing the variety removes it's versatility, a big shame. Can tell they don't really do much but look at Golem DPS addicts meta builds without much thought about anything else in the game when it comes to Revenant.

I agree with everything said, but I just wanted to add on to it a bit.... cause like why did axe 4 need this additional torment... the DPS pve golem build they get all their current info for certainly didn't need a dps buff. (not that this adds dps to that build without more headaches and being forcibly tossed around every time its pressed) It kind of feels like they have the ability to see how much each skill is being used and saw that axe 4 almost never gets used in said pve rotation... and then didn't look into it any further. And then buffed it to pad out their "intensive" balance patch. It's just incredibly strange...

Also off topic a smidge.... but the single blast finisher on mace happening at the skills activation location and not where the first "impact" is is very janky and keeps throwing me off.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

On 2/1/2024 at 10:05 AM, Shagie.7612 said:

Anet: People don't use Axe 4 much in PvE rotations, something must be wrong with it (WE DON'T USE IT BECAUSE OF VERY OBVIOUS REASONS)
Anet: OH NO THEY MUST THINK IT'S DOING TOO LITTLE DAMAGE, OF COURSE

Anet: Also, let's do a little nerf so people don't think it's too op.

Anet: WE DID IT WE SAVED REVENANT 

Edited by Yasai.3549
  • Thanks 2
  • Sad 1

Gotta say, even from a purely PvE perspective, I'd prefer if axe 4 wasn't part of the DPS rotation. Since if it's part of the rotation, DPS values will be normalised accordingly so you have to use it as part of the rotation... which means you're less likely to have it when you actually want the teleport.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Gustaff.6581 said:

I remember having died a lot of times for using accidentally axe 4 in a rotation.

This is a terrible idea. I just hope for this to not be a part of the rotation, maybe just an opener.

Plus we lost a CC with the slowness we lost.

• Like 2

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

While not super directly comparable, when they redid dagger 3 on Ranger, they just straight up slapped a ton of extra on it in exchange for the second charge because it was an underperforming skill.

Why couldn't axe 4, a similarly underwhelming skill, have gotten that? Just also done Torment and not lost the slow?

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Shagie.7612 said:

While not super directly comparable, when they redid dagger 3 on Ranger, they just straight up slapped a ton of extra on it in exchange for the second charge because it was an underperforming skill.

Why couldn't axe 4, a similarly underwhelming skill, have gotten that? Just also done Torment and not lost the slow?

I'd rather Axe 4 just stopped being a teleport but a leap instead with leap finisher. 

Currently it's an unblockable projectile that allows the player to teleport 900 range to the target and puts you behind them, inflicting damage and conditions. 900 range is nice but functionally this skill has a history of bugging on all sorts of things and the teleport just whiffs itself. 

I want it to be a 600 range leap finisher (leaps stop on target), inflicts Chill, Slow and Torment. And if they want to REALLY spice it up a little, make the leap evade for 0.75s during the animation. Now that'll really be something I'll look forward to using. 

At the same time, a nice final buff for Axe 5 is for the Rift to act less like a rectangular hitbox but a cone instead which draws the enemies toward the revenant after the delay. 

• Like 1
  • Confused 2