Only link servers up with same language

Anov.4237

After Beta. I ended up as a link with a non-english server and they only communicate in their language. Remove german/french/spanish servers or only link them together by language. The places in game dont even have the same names.

• Like 1
  • Confused 4

We might be same link. I have learned something as well. But cant see how hard it can be to write in english. When it was EN/DE it wasnt a problem. But one of the main problems is that the names of places isnt the same. If u link name from map its ok. But if u write it short its not the same SN - SM etc. 

• Confused 1

11 hours ago, Dediggefedde.4961 said:

I learn a lot of new Spanish in our DE-ES linking. Which is quite easy, since I don't know any Spanish. ^^'

Spanish servers also have the coverage advantage, since a lot of Spanish-speaking countries are in South America.

The only sentence i know is „donde esta la bibliothequa“.

you‘d be surprised how far i get with that. Spanish is really contextual.

Edited by CafPow.1542

Can we have some servers that we can throw those Eastern-Europeans into as well, seems they all mostly understand each other but nobody else does. At least a "too close to Ukraine" and a Balkan one. Same with the Scandinavians and Nordics. While we're at it, perhaps a Baltic one. There's these guys that won't stop talking Italian either, perhaps one for them as well.

• Confused 1

1 hour ago, One more for the road.8950 said:

Can we have some servers that we can throw those Eastern-Europeans into as well, seems they all mostly understand each other but nobody else does. At least a "too close to Ukraine" and a Balkan one. Same with the Scandinavians and Nordics. While we're at it, perhaps a Baltic one. There's these guys that won't stop talking Italian either, perhaps one for them as well.

Never see those. French people like to speak french but besides that, i always see english.

Anyways

splitting up players to much can do more bad than good tho i‘d wager.

The world doesnt revolve on English speakers only. I get to play with a Spanish speaking guild even though I am not a Spanish speaker myself. After a short while, I get to learn some keywords that helped me to understand them better and some of their commands on Discord are in English anyway. It's fun learning a new language. 

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

I have problems to understand a server's way of naming things too. In beta I had people writing that bay P1 and P2 was open. I've no clue what this P is, I guess it stands for certain walls (like we have names like moa wall, eel wall, worm gate etc). I asked in teamchat what that means but got no reply.

As for me, I'm happiest when I'm linked to a server of my language. It's so much more fun.
I don't mind being linked to other servers every now and then. Just for a change. Like every 3rd linking circle or so.

Edited by Lucy.3728
  • Like 1

10 hours ago, Lucy.3728 said:

I have problems to understand a server's way of naming things too. In beta I had people writing that bay P1 and P2 was open. I've no clue what this P is, I guess it stands for certain walls (like we have names like moa wall, eel wall, worm gate etc). I asked in teamchat what that means but got no reply.

I believe that is the French way of saying outer or inner.

Basicly the English eqvivalent of writing "enemies on snorthweast outer". I guess it's just impolite to be detailed.

19 hours ago, Anov.4237 said:

I can understand that u have to learn spanish if u are in an only spanish server. Just like if ur moving to spain.

I won't sit here and have British culture mocked. Moving to Spain and not learning the language is as English as complaining about foreigners.

• Confused 1

This one seems straight forward on paper but I don't think it is. I say this even while NA, let alone the complexity that EU faces. So I could see this as a a factor in a sort but not yet while they are working out the more straight forward factors they might already be targeting.

Example for language is it a opt in? How many languages are the options made for? What can you select; None, single multiple? How heavy is that weighted in the sorting logic? How do you handle international guilds that might have different languages over different time zones but are all in the same guild? Looking at this from the perspective of an app designer trying to quote out what is the customer asking for so I can make a bid on the work. There is a lot of questions that could be raised to try and narrow this down. 

This requests falls under the tree swing example: https://pmac-agpc.ca/project-management-tree-swing-story Seems straight forward but....

• Like 1
  • Confused 1