Comprehensive list of no-port spots in Conquest maps?

Hardstuck and the Wiki couldn't help me with this as they only have really basic information. Is there a list put down somewhere of spots in all of the conquest maps where paths break and you can't get jumped on? I'm thinking of the small pillars in Coliseum, the rocky hill next to the mines in Niflhel, or up the cannons in Capricorn. Thing is, I don't know where most of them are and usually only get to see a new one when one of the Team Matchmakers players run up there and makes the thieves and rangers in my team go blue screen. Also PSA for everyone in g3 and below reading to please stop dying mid and bait cooldowns using such spots instead even if you must lose the point for a few seconds (rather than the 30s it will take for you to respawn and run back).

3 hours ago, DanAlcedo.3281 said:

But running mid, standing on point, spamming all CDs and getting killed while screaming "FIGHT ON POINT!!!!!!!!!!" is such a tradition. 

Dont forget the "GG. Game lost. Go Afk." What a classic! 

Immediately after they will come to the forums to make a thread about matchmaking or whichever profession triggered them the most.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Kuya.6495 said:

Immediately after they will come to the forums to make a thread about matchmaking or whichever profession triggered them the most.

Well, our team had a B Tier Spec in. Aka, ultra giga troll tier. The match was over before it starts. 

The enemy team had 2 meta classes in it. One of them being the fotm. 

That match was LITERALLY UNPLAYABLE

Also: "Me dying of 15s after the mid fight starts has nothing to do with it." 

Edited by DanAlcedo.3281
  • Thanks 1

9 hours ago, DanAlcedo.3281 said:

But running mid, standing on point, spamming all CDs and getting killed while screaming "FIGHT ON POINT!!!!!!!!!!" is such a tradition. 

Dont forget the "GG. Game lost. Go Afk." What a classic! 

I feel like people that can't understand the nuance of "fight on point, except when doing that will literally get you killed in which case please kite (unless dying on the point is preferable)" and have a flow chart like:

• fight on point (bonus: at far), die outnumbered, blame team for not rotating to save you 
  • fight in lanes while the opponent has every point in this timeline and is standing on bell
  • Afk at slightest inconvenience

Are more of a handicap than bots ngl

Edited by Azure The Heartless.3261

8 hours ago, Azure The Heartless.3261 said:

I feel like people that can't understand the nuance of "fight on point, except when doing that will literally get you killed in which case please kite (unless dying on the point is preferable)" and have a flow chart like:

• fight on point (bonus: at far), die outnumbered, blame team for not rotating to save you 
  • fight in lanes while the opponent has every point in this timeline and is standing on bell
  • Afk at slightest inconvenience

Are more of a handicap than bots ngl

How about:

Pure melee build refusing to leave the home point while a ranged build is just pew pewing them to death from range. 

When the melee is out of CDs and almost health, they get pissed enough to hunt the annoying Pewpew only to lose home 3 seconds after. 

Then he dies, ingame and IRL out of sheer rage. 

This is always such a delight to see. (When you are the Pewpew 😏

Edited by DanAlcedo.3281

21 hours ago, Terrorhuz.4695 said:

There's a playlist with all the maps

I get kiting, but these types of vids show how ground target ports / shadowsteps can really break the game if used in the right hands.  That port through wall should have been patched so long ago...

• Confused 1

6 hours ago, Gotejjeken.1267 said:

I get kiting, but these types of vids show how ground target ports / shadowsteps can really break the game if used in the right hands.  That port through wall should have been patched so long ago...

What? No.

It gives those who have spent time researching, and even practicing, spots that allow them to save time or get away. Like the port at the front of mid at Forest. You can port on the fencing and just get right up to mid. In the case of Mesmer, that's burning your stun break. On Thief that's burning your steal, swapping to Shortbow so you can't use D/P for 10s... etc etc.

It provides advantages to those who know where to port and where to NOT port. Porting is a strong mechanic, having terrain that punishes it is very fair. Especially when they can also use that same mechanic to save time or get away from dicey situations.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Gotejjeken.1267 said:

Spotted the thief main.  

Tell me on a Ranger how I utilize the wall skip spot on Niflhel? 

I actually don't play Thief! Weird to assume that someone is biased to ports just because of class and not because of it being a decently balanced mechanic.

Also I'm fairly certain Smoke Assault can be used just up against that wall to skip going up the stairs. There's also Dagger Ambush on Untamed too! 🙂

Ranger doesn't have many ports but has a plethora of mobility skills via GS 3, Bird Merged, Canine Merged, Superspeed access via Griffon Stance or Quickening  Zephyr, etc etc. There are PLENTY of skills that give Ranger a mobility boost.

Nice try at the jab though, love you.

Edited by Vinny.7260
Added Ranger examples :>

55 minutes ago, Vinny.7260 said:

Also I'm fairly certain Smoke Assault can be used just up against that wall to skip going up the stairs. There's also Dagger Ambush on Untamed too! 🙂

Both of which require target--not really what I was referring to earlier.

I don't care about mobility boosts or anything else; what you quoted specifically had to do with shadowsteps straight up glitching through walls which no one who isn't actively abusing that defends.  

I presumed thief because you defended it with a passion and Vault can be used to go all sorts of places it shouldn't.  But doesn't matter if you ele, guard, etc. etc. that have non-target shadowsteps...still the same, they need to patch the exploits out.