the unfairness of ele

warrior hits me for 5749 breaching strike and a 6901 aura slicer. 2 hits more then my entire health pool. all the while it take several rotations and a multitude of skills to land and equate this kind of effect on the battle field. the war was tanky as fuuuck.  Elementalist really got fuucked in its creation for pvp when it was devised.

• Like 4
  • Haha 4
  • Confused 4

2 minutes ago, Azure The Heartless.3261 said:

*currently watching FA weaver and core ele hitting heavy armors for 17-18k with instant combos*

*currently watching you watch FA weaver and core ele hitting heavy armors for 17-18k with instant combos*

• Like 3
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1

2 hours ago, Eddbopkins.2630 said:

warrior hits me for 5749 breaching strike and a 6901 aura slicer. 2 hits more then my entire health pool. all the while it take several rotations and a multitude of skills to land and equate this kind of effect on the battle field. the war was tanky as fuuuck.  Elementalist really got fuucked in its creation for pvp when it was devised.

Or you can just stop playing ele...and it's a legit suggestion, stop torturing yourself. You have nothing to prove to anybody, and we play the game to have fun....where ele is badly badly badly designed to say the least, it's just not bloody worth it man:

• full melee on everything..minus the dmg to justify full melee
  • core sucks.....worst core class in the game, unplayable everywhere...even pve
  • try hard gameplay with full combos required to gain even the most basic boons, where other professions sniff..and get resolution/resistance/aegis/protection etc etc etc
  • lowest health in the game, and while guardian gets +180 HP traits being thrown everywhere...ele gets a kick in the balls...build theorycrafting is a nightmare
  • Only really allowed to play on Tempest...rest is garbage
  • It's just a chore to play....trying hard dodging for dear life even when facing muppets 

Played ele for 12k hours and was as salty as you are now....then seeing as things were not changing, decided to turn ele in what is supposed to be a "dust collector", playing war/guard/ranger/necro now and couldn't care less about what other say....I have fun....I win...and mostly importantly it's all stress free

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 2

Yeah, the reason behind that is that having 20 weapon skills instead of the usual 10 means a single Warrior skill has to have more impact than a single Elementalist skill. Can‘t have 20 whole skills in your disposal and expect them to hit as hard as skills from classes without 4 attunements.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 3
  • Haha 1

@Arheundel.6451 im not gonna lie. For a "full melee" spec it does hit insane hard on range. (Watching FA catalyst doing over 9k dmg to heavy armor classes while have like 3 immune to any dmg ressources plus 3 Blocks, some blinds but did i also mentioned the Port? xd)

Edited by Myror.7521
Ah i don't wanted to say its easy to Play...... cause its definitive not. But once you master it its also not too hard (as i heard from multiple ele mains)
  • Like 2

37 minutes ago, Myror.7521 said:

@Arheundel.6451 im not gonna lie. For a "full melee" spec it does hit insane hard on range. (Watching FA catalyst doing over 9k dmg to heavy armor classes while have like 3 immune to any dmg ressources plus 3 Blocks, some blinds but did i also mentioned the Port? xd)

I'll pay you to show a video of you playing FA ele...no talks...show us a video

Edited by Arheundel.6451
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1

1 minute ago, Shagie.7612 said:

it's like ele players take it as a personal challenge to convince everyone how their class is the worst ever at everything always

And the ones saying otherwise...never played an ele but base their opinions on the videos of some tryhard guitar hero who play 10 hrs+  per day and happens to play an ele....

• Confused 2

13 minutes ago, Arheundel.6451 said:

And the ones saying otherwise...never played an ele but base their opinions on the videos of some tryhard guitar hero who play 10 hrs+  per day and happens to play an ele....

ur rite the game automatically kicks your dog if you select ele on the character screen

• Sad 1

19 minutes ago, Shagie.7612 said:

ur rite the game automatically kicks your dog if you select ele on the character screen

Yeah..and you what? play condi rev? renegade pewpew? "immortal" vindicator? ventari something?....I see no ele gameplay from you, it seems you play one of "learnt over a weekend" sort of specs. 

• Confused 2

okay but in all seriousness, are you just gonna ignore catalyst's time of being faceroll, both hammer and signet cata even, or the times when weaver was undisputed king sidenoder, or tempest, or whatever other builds existed in an overtuned state

sure, some ele builds might be weak right now, but welcome to a game where they don't make changes to things for years at a time
ele was overperforming in multiple builds that were just as easy as anything else, it got smacked, now it's weak and has to ride on the bottom of the roller coaster for a while just like everyone else has gone through.

honestly it really sucks, it's not fun but it's the reality of a dead game mode that makes them no money

but nah it's unique to ele or something

why do ele, war and thief players compete so hard to have the biggest victim complex

Edited by Shagie.7612
  • Like 4
  • Confused 1

2 hours ago, Shagie.7612 said:

why do ele, war and thief players compete so hard to have the biggest victim complex

It's not a victim complex, it's just not settling for sh!t game design. Dunno why you are, but I'm gonna go out on an incredibly sturdy limb and guess that it's probably because having a bunch of overloaded, brain-dead kitten serves your interests.

6 hours ago, GuriGashi.5617 said:

Yeah, the reason behind that is that having 20 weapon skills instead of the usual 10 means a single Warrior skill has to have more impact than a single Elementalist skill. Can‘t have 20 whole skills in your disposal and expect them to hit as hard as skills from classes without 4 attunements.

https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Freezing_Gust
https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Spinal_Shivers

lul

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

27 minutes ago, Sweetbread.3678 said:

It's not a victim complex, it's just not settling for sh!t game design.

what lol
you're all so desperate to be proven right about being singled out and persecuted that you read me saying there's no grand conspiracy against ele as settling for poor game design choices

no, you shouldn't settle, they've made a ton of decisions since PoF (arguably HoT but whatever) that were really bad for pvp, and then even worse ones in EoD and SotO
but to pretend that the position ele is temporarily in is something unique to them is hilariously pathetic

29 minutes ago, Sweetbread.3678 said:

Dunno why you are, but I'm gonna go out on an incredibly sturdy limb and guess that it's probably because having a bunch of overloaded, brain-dead kitten serves your interests.

i definitely play the most power crept elite spec in the game

Man, did you ever see what a condi cata is capable of *still*...
That and tempest is still one of the best 1v1 specs

I mean yea, warriors have a problem, but also druids/hammer gua/Trapper DH and yes, ele being projectile immune is also a problem, like, for real now, some specs are incapable of even upkeeping somewhat of a decent swiftness uptime and you complain while running around with permanent protection and projectile reflects, stab and getting healed for every move you do

• Like 3

56 minutes ago, Nepster.4275 said:

Man, did you ever see what a condi cata is capable of *still*...
That and tempest is still one of the best 1v1 specs

I mean yea, warriors have a problem, but also druids/hammer gua/Trapper DH and yes, ele being projectile immune is also a problem, like, for real now, some specs are incapable of even upkeeping somewhat of a decent swiftness uptime and you complain while running around with permanent protection and projectile reflects, stab and getting healed for every move you do

And here is where the problem lies  'permanent protection and projectile reflects, stab and getting healed' ignorance and echo chambers like this.

Aside from broken cata, ele is a mess in PVP and WVW.  No burst, no wide coverage for condy, no ranged build (but has low hp and Toughness), and gimmicky overloads that lock you into animations that is trivially dealt with by anyone with a slither of skill.

• Haha 1
  • Confused 3
  • Sad 1

@Arheundel.6451 that will not happen since ...... I have some PC problems rn. I just can not playing the Game imo ^^. Besides this, ele is (besides holo) one of the classes i don't like at all lol. So i never even touched this class at all. 

So all i could say is. I only know that im playing against it and have a realy hard time. But i got also Friends like zeus playing this class as main ^^

• Like 1