Vindicator is Revenant on training wheels and something needs to be done.

Shao.7236

15 hours ago, Ravenwulfe.5360 said:

Yea, you are being dishonest. The fact you even try to mince words and move goal posts is demonstrating that.

Nobody minced words, you can have a look back at what Vindicator was designed to be and what it is now.

Goal post still the same, Vindicator is Revenant on training wheels. In fact, you could say that anet moved the goal post so much with Vindicator that it's not even a choice to play it, it's mandatory because it's a straight upgrade with no downsides whatsoever, absolute braindead content for people to consume the latest and greatest without effort as a bonus.

13 hours ago, Buran.3796 said:

See, I think that I finally agree with you here.

Lets further nerf Vindicator to the core Revenant level, so we ensure that no one will ever play this profession in a MAT again.

That will put us and potential Rev players of the future in the place we deserve: away from that putrid game mode which died long time ago and which carcass has been distracting too many of us with its stench.  Save us time and regret.

ANET NERF VINDICATOR!!!

Is that what you're going to resort to because you can't have "Revenant" gameplay delivered to you on a silver platter? That's ok, I said it before, buff core. It's not like any of you have ever nor ever will play it.

In all the delusions, Vindicator is not even close to what it used to be so it's not like you paid attention to anything I have ever said in the past in regard to this entire class to which some of these suggestions have made it in game as buffs because I wasn't the only one to agree.

• Confused 4

13 minutes ago, Shao.7236 said:

Nobody minced words, you can have a look back at what Vindicator was designed to be and what it is now.

Goal post still the same, Vindicator is Revenant on training wheels. In fact, you could say that anet moved the goal post so much with Vindicator that it's not even a choice to play it, it's mandatory because it's a straight upgrade with no downsides whatsoever, absolute braindead content for people to consume the latest and greatest without effort as a bonus.

Is that what you're going to resort to because you can't have "Revenant" gameplay delivered to you on a silver platter? That's ok, I said it before, buff core. It's not like any of you have ever nor ever will play it.

In all the delusions, Vindicator is not even close to what it used to be so it's not like you paid attention to anything I have ever said in the past in regard to this entire class to which some of these suggestions have made it in game as buffs because I wasn't the only one to agree.

Compared to other classes currently, vindicator is balanced. There are stronger then vindi and some little bit weaker in all content.

But also like said before in other posts, some abilties in core stances need little bit lower cd for these that are too long. And lower energy cost on some core stance abilties. The amount of these 2 differs in pve, pvp and WvW. Which these are and which content most probably know. But I will leave that for another thread to go more in detail if someone makes it.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

4 hours ago, arazoth.7290 said:

Compared to other classes currently, vindicator is balanced. There are stronger then vindi and some little bit weaker in all content.

But also like said before in other posts, some abilties in core stances need little bit lower cd for these that are too long. And lower energy cost on some core stance abilties. The amount of these 2 differs in pve, pvp and WvW. Which these are and which content most probably know. But I will leave that for another thread to go more in detail if someone makes it.

What classes, afaik there's hardly anything that stands out other than cringe stuff like static discharge instant damage holo or virtuoso forced damage.

I look at the current meta and it's all stuff that caused me hardly any issues playing the so claimed to be underpowered core rev and way easier when using Vindicator and knowing how forgiving it is to play it's an extreme annoyance altogether to see it on the field when it literally takes away any effort to play the class itself.

One thing I did notice being a significant change is Shake It Off on Warrior which is literally what it used to be but better before they started blindly changing anything. Now we're seeing Cleansing Ire condi zerkers running around with bows abusing the lack of having to hit a target to get free clears with mending and the now super buffed up Shake It Off while blasting 6 condi bombs every now and then.

If that's ok in anets book they should add back confusion on rev so it can finally beat on skill spam again.

• Confused 5

6 hours ago, Shao.7236 said:

As I said I agree with you: nerf Vindicator. I don't care about buffs for core Rev, Herald or Renegade since I stopped playing Herald when they changed the way in which worked and I won't play a gamestyle I don't like; I won't come back to Herald no matter how much meta is at dps golem.

Being said that, how was last February MAT for Revs? I guess not one did reach finals; hard to assert since streamer sources seems to have died in the last 4 months. 

Now, if you excuse me, I have to go back to put another 50 hours in Last Epoch...

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

In any case for me the vindicator started to lose since the patch of November 2023 in spite of all the nerf already undergone before.

After that it's not an absolute reference but an indication since this November patch the vindicator was at 3.17% before this patch, after it has not stopped decreasing to 1.43%. The same goes for fractal where it's almost non-existent and falling for strike.

Despite the lack of bugs and nerfs, it's going to pick up again in the next patch in March. So it might be a good idea for Anet to stop destroying it.

Not to mention the nerf core revenant.

Edited by Angesombre.4630
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Buran.3796 said:

As I said I agree with you: nerf Vindicator. I don't care about buffs for core Rev, Herald or Renegade since I stopped playing Herald when they changed the way in which worked and I won't play a gamestyle I don't like; I won't come back to Herald no matter how much meta is at dps golem.

Just highlight anywhere in this topic where I say "nerf" and witness how mislead you are.

Being said that, how was last February MAT for Revs? I guess not one did reach finals; hard to assert since streamer sources seems to have died in the last 4 months. 

Let's en masse take the personal decisions of the 0.1% define an entire game set of mechanics that are obviously overshadowing another.

Now, if you excuse me, I have to go back to put another 50 hours in Last Epoch...

What a great time to be alive with good games that don't fomo your brain to mush. RE4 Remake has been a good time sink for me, nearing 400 hours soon.

• Confused 4

12 minutes ago, Shao.7236 said:

Let's en masse take the personal decisions of the 0.1% define an entire game set of mechanics that are obviously overshadowing another.

And on the pvp forums you can easy find back the 99,9% who define the game and like to complain what is their new thing they find OP. Hint you almostttttttt don't find vindicator there.

So if they don't think it's worth to complain about, then idk why you still think otherwise.

And again Herald, Renegade are in general not doing that great aside Herald in pve instances. 

But I have a suggestion for you, make another thread how you think they could buff core 😉 .Because this thread isn't helping that part, it's giving no ideas, so rather I would suggest you to make a new one about that specific. I am more then happy to read always 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

On 3/6/2024 at 1:56 PM, Shao.7236 said:

What classes, afaik there's hardly anything that stands out other than cringe stuff like static discharge instant damage holo or virtuoso forced damage.

I look at the current meta and it's all stuff that caused me hardly any issues playing the so claimed to be underpowered core rev and way easier when using Vindicator and knowing how forgiving it is to play it's an extreme annoyance altogether to see it on the field when it literally takes away any effort to play the class itself.

One thing I did notice being a significant change is Shake It Off on Warrior which is literally what it used to be but better before they started blindly changing anything. Now we're seeing Cleansing Ire condi zerkers running around with bows abusing the lack of having to hit a target to get free clears with mending and the now super buffed up Shake It Off while blasting 6 condi bombs every now and then.

If that's ok in anets book they should add back confusion on rev so it can finally beat on skill spam again.

How about the current condi deadeye d/d meta?. Deadeye was released as a power/long range mostly elite with an emphasis on stealth attacks. And nowadays combining d/d with deadeye massive inniciative regen as given birth to a deadeye that is more daredevil than daredevil themselves since their gameplay 100% perma dodging. Literally no reason to touch daredevil at all,  the elite that was supposed to be all dodges  completely outshined in its main gimmick by another elite that was never supposed to be about dodges at all.

Vindi was made as a part support/part power spec with emphasis on a self sustain/dodge based gameplay. And that's exactly what it does nowadays. I don't see why giving it 2 dodge bars deviate a dodge based elite from its original purpose more than what deadeye its currently doing to daredevil

Edited by Tora.7214
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

34 minutes ago, Tora.7214 said:

How about the current condi deadeye d/d meta?. Deadeye was released as a power/long range mostly elite with an emphasis on stealth attacks. And nowadays combining d/d with deadeye massive inniciative regen as given birth to a deadeye that is more daredevil than daredevil themselves since their gameplay 100% perma dodging. Literally no reason to touch daredevil at all,  the elite that was supposed to be all dodges  completely outshined in its main gimmick by another elite that was never supposed to be about dodges at all.

Vindi was made as a part support/part power spec with emphasis on a self sustain/dodge based gameplay. And that's exactly what it does nowadays. I don't see why giving it 2 dodge bars deviate a dodge based elite from its original purpose more than what deadeye its currently doing to daredevil

If condi is too much of an issue I use the good old Herald Mallyx. The most anet could do is ruin resistance which killed Core Mallyx on top of nerfing transfers with a delay but jokes on them Herald Mallyx is still good enough with a brain and it counters pretty much anything that spams too much and doesn't have perma clears.

The point made is that it was always problematic to deviate from 2 evades even before Vindicator existed, the rightfully so more healthy approach as a good example is Spellbreaker because Full Counter is essentially a 3rd evade with extra steps which IS more engaging and raise the skill ceiling because it's not just added on the player, the player loses on damage for that. Current Vindicator loses on NOTHING, Core extra energy is nullified by the fact that not only the 3rd utility set is easily accessed but your evades are free of directional movement but also have effects on top of the utility skills being effectively cheaper and more effective than any core utility which takes a big dump of EVERYTHING else Revenant could choose from.

All of what Vindicator had at the very start made sense until it got homogenized into this parody of "innovation" being more of a "here guys, be happy with the newer thing pls pls, here it can do everything just better!!"

22 hours ago, arazoth.7290 said:

And on the pvp forums you can easy find back the 99,9% who define the game and like to complain what is their new thing they find OP. Hint you almostttttttt don't find vindicator there.

So if they don't think it's worth to complain about, then idk why you still think otherwise.

And again Herald, Renegade are in general not doing that great aside Herald in pve instances. 

But I have a suggestion for you, make another thread how you think they could buff core 😉 .Because this thread isn't helping that part, it's giving no ideas, so rather I would suggest you to make a new one about that specific. I am more then happy to read always 

What the majority of you don't get is that Core is fine and so WAS Vindicator until it became Core 2.0 literally overshadowing as a straight upgrade that just adds on top of everything else and does nothing else to make itself interesting hence why this topic is called "Revenant on Training Wheels" because that's exactly what it is, Revenant but shamelessly made better with a massive lack of engagement or innovation that it used to have before everyone whined for 2 evades with braindead skill swapping to what is essentially a 3rd utility set with no effort.

Renegade was always bad and only made worst, Herald is good if you use it right to which nobody does because everyone wants to play Herald like a duelist when they're picking every single glass options. Going Glint Shiro and expecting yourself to surviving any pressure for more than 10 seconds, get real that never worked and never will. Core doesn't need buffs, it has sustain and it has damage, Vindicator only multiplies with bloat that used to be justified but no longer as it essentially steps on everything. Y'all just assume I never liked it while I was in love with it until it became this atrocity.

• Confused 4

30 minutes ago, Shao.7236 said:

If condi is too much of an issue I use the good old Herald Mallyx. The most anet could do is ruin resistance which killed Core Mallyx on top of nerfing transfers with a delay but jokes on them Herald Mallyx is still good enough with a brain and it counters pretty much anything that spams too much and doesn't have perma clears.

The point made is that it was always problematic to deviate from 2 evades even before Vindicator existed, the rightfully so more healthy approach as a good example is Spellbreaker because Full Counter is essentially a 3rd evade with extra steps which IS more engaging and raise the skill ceiling because it's not just added on the player, the player loses on damage for that. Current Vindicator loses on NOTHING, Core extra energy is nullified by the fact that not only the 3rd utility set is easily accessed but your evades are free of directional movement but also have effects on top of the utility skills being effectively cheaper and more effective than any core utility which takes a big dump of EVERYTHING else Revenant could choose from.

All of what Vindicator had at the very start made sense until it got homogenized into this parody of "innovation" being more of a "here guys, be happy with the newer thing pls pls, here it can do everything just better!!"

What the majority of you don't get is that Core is fine and so WAS Vindicator until it became Core 2.0 literally overshadowing as a straight upgrade that just adds on top of everything else and does nothing else to make itself interesting hence why this topic is called "Revenant on Training Wheels" because that's exactly what it is, Revenant but shamelessly made better with a massive lack of engagement or innovation that it used to have before everyone whined for 2 evades with braindead skill swapping to what is essentially a 3rd utility set with no effort.

Renegade was always bad and only made worst, Herald is good if you use it right to which nobody does because everyone wants to play Herald like a duelist when they're picking every single glass options. Going Glint Shiro and expecting yourself to surviving any pressure for more than 10 seconds, get real that never worked and never will. Core doesn't need buffs, it has sustain and it has damage, Vindicator only multiplies with bloat that used to be justified but no longer as it essentially steps on everything. Y'all just assume I never liked it while I was in love with it until it became this atrocity.

Most elite specs/ build with elite specs are better then core and an upgrade of core in general. This is because of marketing, if core builds all were the same strength or better then elite, then they would lose some income.

Core rev compared to other classes their elite spec builds, can't reach more then high B - low A tier if well built. So by that point for core it's fine, but you can't expect more

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2
  • Confused 1

3 hours ago, arazoth.7290 said:

an upgrade of core in general

They're stronger yes but I don't think that's true for most of the elites.
There's a clear difference between an elite like necro and scourge, when compared to something like ranger and untamed.

I would argue that Vindicator is closer to the latter since they changed the alliance to be a manual flip and added the second dodge bar back. It's just a straight upgrade over core, herald, or renegade for almost every build/role, and the only difference is the dodge. There's nothing like facets or citadel orders to interact with, which give at least some distinction to the previous elites.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Shagie.7612 said:

They're stronger yes but I don't think that's true for most of the elites.
There's a clear difference between an elite like necro and scourge, when compared to something like ranger and untamed.

I would argue that Vindicator is closer to the latter since they changed the alliance to be a manual flip and added the second dodge bar back. It's just a straight upgrade over core, herald, or renegade for almost every build/role, and the only difference is the dodge. There's nothing like facets or citadel orders to interact with, which give at least some distinction to the previous elites.

Well for starter, if they gave F- skill Energy Meld not half baked traits that influence this skill better + a real animation when pressed on Energy Meld. Then there would be some more distinction.

But I guess that part is for some off shedule for now... . Because they probably want to focus on scepter/upcoming renegade, them knowing.

Aside this, if vindicator isn't that dominant even and it still outshines renegade/herald then these other 2 need to be looked in. I am not only talking about coëfficiënt number tuning like higher damage. Herald and Renegade need something more.

With upcoming renegade and their new warband synergy playstyle/updated abilties which is a nice start. I fear that Kalla stance skills are to energy hungry to give real combos. => So make Kalla elite also part of that warband giving that bonus effect they have some meaning. Or they could overall just reduce energy cost on kalla stance abilties slightly and same for Citadel Bombardament

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 2

3 hours ago, arazoth.7290 said:

With upcoming renegade and their new warband synergy playstyle/updated abilties which is a nice start. I fear that Kalla stance skills are to energy hungry to give real combos. => So make Kalla elite also part of that warband giving that bonus effect they have some meaning. Or they could overall just reduce energy cost on kalla stance abilties slightly and same for Citadel Bombardament

It's really the Energy. 

It was THE SHIRO PROBLEM before Shiro started to have problems. (And now, Shiro is the one with the problem magnified compared to Kalla who retained her rather acceptable yet still chunky Energy costs) Energy Costs too high and so high that Upkeep becomes less appealing and buttons are too costly to press. 

Her Orders also conflict with her Summons for Energy cost. Renegade has way, way too many buttons that demand pressing.

We have to see what the new one does because even if it does cheapen the costs, her gameplay is actually doubling down on the whole "I have 8 buttons that all want me to press them, but I only have 1 resource bar. And that doesn't even include my weapons" 

Honestly if I had it my way, I'd rework Renegade entirely to not just bandaid Kalla, but clean up the Orders as well. I really think Renegade should have been focused on using Kalla stance to summon warband members and command them to do actions via Orders but ah well. 

• Like 5
  • Confused 1

Posted (edited)
11 hours ago, arazoth.7290 said:

Most elite specs/ build with elite specs are better then core and an upgrade of core in general. This is because of marketing, if core builds all were the same strength or better then elite, then they would lose some income.

Core rev compared to other classes their elite spec builds, can't reach more then high B - low A tier if well built. So by that point for core it's fine, but you can't expect more

The marketing is so fake, Renegade is the proof of that. If everything thats new and shiny had to be better than the rest it would be way more obvious. Anet puts out new concepts and that's where it stops except it's not a new concept if it borrows from everything prior and only multiplies it, Vindicator changes are literally the embodiment of "We ran out of ideas, just have this and shut up already".

Core gets everything that Herald tries to do, only Herald can exceed to one or the other, it can't last nor do damage at the same time, Core can. The literal excuse that keeps Herald going is having some i-frames and cutting away from having to manage energy as the profession is designed to be. That's why Herald is so popular but by no mean better because you'll notice a majority of the time as Herald you're in the back jumping on people quickly then running away, Core doesn't have to do that yet can if it wants to.

Renegade Shortbow EASILY proved that Core was good to play as and was extremely broken when it had only movement speed buffed because the sustain is up and above the average when people try to get close. It only fell out of favor because of that specific nerf and for good reason, rune of speed was unbalanced so people couldn't just sit on Vengeful Hammers while running away, they had to engage the profession mechanics which made it fall out of favor again, who knew that having to use your head anymore than you should would kill the opinion of a build in a mmo. However in typical Anet fashion they had to nerf everything else before fix the real problem and not revert anything else.

Edited by Shao.7236
  • Confused 4

23 minutes ago, Shao.7236 said:

The marketing is so fake, Renegade is the proof of that. If everything thats new and shiny had to be better than the rest it would be way more obvious. Anet puts out new concepts and that's where it stops except it's not a new concept if it borrows from everything prior and only multiplies it, Vindicator changes are literally the embodiment of "We ran out of ideas, just have this and shut up already".

Core gets everything that Herald tries to do, only Herald can exceed to one or the other, it can't last nor do damage at the same time, Core can. The literal excuse that keeps Herald going is having some i-frames and cutting away from having to manage energy as the profession is designed to be. That's why Herald is so popular but by no mean better because you'll notice a majority of the time as Herald you're in the back jumping on people quickly then running away, Core doesn't have to do that yet can if it wants to.

Renegade Shortbow EASILY proved that Core was good to play as and was extremely broken when it had only movement speed buffed because the sustain is up and above the average when people try to get close. It only fell out of favor because of that specific nerf and for good reason, rune of speed was unbalanced so people couldn't just sit on Vengeful Hammers while running away, they had to engage the profession mechanics which made it fall out of favor again, who knew that having to use your head anymore than you should would kill the opinion of a build in a mmo. However in typical Anet fashion they had to nerf everything else before fix the real problem and not revert anything else.

You take 1 to proof a point, yet I can also make many comparisons with other classes their core versions compared to their elite specs. But I am not going to do it, since you're just trying to proof something that isn't there and a waste of my time

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 2

1 hour ago, arazoth.7290 said:

You take 1 to proof a point, yet I can also make many comparisons with other classes their core versions compared to their elite specs. But I am not going to do it, since you're just trying to proof something that isn't there and a waste of my time

That's why I haven't bothered any further. This is unhinged.

Curious though, how not a single pro/sweat/tryhard/whatever you want to call them, player, ever bothered with core revenant. I guess all the hundreds of them were just too bad, too dumb to understand and master core revenant, aka core has never been a thing, not once.

And well, you have seen it:
>Despises Vindicator, the only remotely viable pvp spec against competitive players in probably two years now.
(Last time it was somethin else was when Herald had quickness on facets)
>Still hates the build a lot of revenant and competitive players enjoyed. Power Herald, which used to be a high risk/high reward fast paced spec with plenty of telegraphs for anyone watching. Complains that it was only ever a one-trick pony that couldn't duel anyone. Bruh, thats what the nerfs pushed it to be. A high risk/mid reward spec with no agency.
>But still likes Condi Herald even though it is x5 times easier to play and master than Power Herald. Another build designed to constantly vomit condis all over the place.
And everyone knows Renegade, specifically Kalla, has been bad for most of its existence, but the only reason it has never been buffed to be good is because each skill covers a whole conquest point. Blame only having one game mode.

Basically, the only competitive builds should be whatever the OG core revenant player says.

"If only vindicator didnt exist. I then would be winning MATs with my core revenant builds. Good thing Power Herald is not a thing anymore, at least that makes me happy."

Edited by Sereath.1428
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2

Posted (edited)
On 3/8/2024 at 7:16 AM, Sereath.1428 said:

And well, you have seen it:
>Despises Vindicator, the only remotely viable pvp spec against competitive players in probably two years now.
(Last time it was somethin else was when Herald had quickness on facets)
>Still hates the build a lot of revenant and competitive players enjoyed. Power Herald, which used to be a high risk/high reward fast paced spec with plenty of telegraphs for anyone watching. Complains that it was only ever a one-trick pony that couldn't duel anyone. Bruh, thats what the nerfs pushed it to be. A high risk/mid reward spec with no agency.

Where are you guys even getting this "hate" from? Everything that's said literally gets pulled out of nowhere, please if you're going to say something at least provide some kind of evidence. https://i.imgur.com/CSNRNX6.png

I never hated on Power Herald, let alone I'm not hating on as a whole Vindicator for what it is but what it became because it's literally a lazy 2.0 upgrade of what already exists??

Basically, the only competitive builds should be whatever the OG core revenant player says.

"If only vindicator didnt exist. I then would be winning MATs with my core revenant builds. Good thing Power Herald is not a thing anymore, at least that makes me happy."

The purest form of strawman, it doesn't get any better than that. Again, where did I say such a thing, where do I even care about to talk about MATs. My dude, the delusions. In the irony of it, the only MATs I have ever played ONCE was back when Specter and all kinds of crazy builds that made no sense existed I was a kitten Bunker Vindicator, just please. Quit your non sense.

On 3/8/2024 at 6:32 AM, arazoth.7290 said:

What are you talking about? I'm on the same subject as you are and yet again we change the topic to "comparing" other classes. I see plenty but plenty of people playing other core classes with good success, whether it be Ranger, Guardian or even Warrior. The whole entire Revenant profession is being discussed in that reply and yet all you can read is 1 thing? What 1 thing?  Vindicator is objectively just Core but better and it's stupid, yet you're here calling me a hater for wanting actual original content that isn't copy paste with objectively just everything two fold better. Holy, get real. Everyone is seemingly starved for something that works without much thinking, if you want me to compare core specs to other elites I can, you're acting like I'm actively avoiding that which I ain't in the slightest, gladly will.

Curious though, how not a single pro/sweat/tryhard/whatever you want to call them, player, ever bothered with core revenant. I guess all the hundreds of them were just too bad, too dumb to understand and master core revenant, aka core has never been a thing, not once.

I guess you don't know the saying, especially in an MMO. "Path of least resistance", in the irony of it that's like when Grimjack was whining about me playing Condi Rev for just applying 12 torment in a burst while he can just sit back and constantly evade while applying 40 burns in the same amount of time on Weaver to which I even have footage of it. Regardless, you have the wrong idea and surely you aren't even trying to see it through. Vindicator is a lazy down right handicapped equivalent of Core Rev and in the best way I can tell you is the same Smash Players do, it's a clone character with everything just improved upon which is an insult to the class because you're killing content.

>But still likes Condi Herald even though it is x5 times easier to play and master than Power Herald. Another build designed to constantly vomit condis all over the place.
And everyone knows Renegade, specifically Kalla, has been bad for most of its existence, but the only reason it has never been buffed to be good is because each skill covers a whole conquest point. Blame only having one game mode.

I am literally the person who pushed out Condi Herald more than anyone else in this game while everyone was losing their mind on Spellbreaker and Scourge. Again, where do you get this idea that I only play Core?? OR THAT I HATE POWER HERALD?? You clearly don't even know that I was advocating AGAINST a lot of what Mallyx became shortly after Anet saw the pace Condi Herald picked up because it was pure power creep. I could give you an entire trivia about this profession in PvP if you just asked, I have enough experience to do so and not over just "Core" since that's all you to think I care about and not having actual good content for this profession. Instead all we're getting is assumptions thrown around while Revenant has to be the content that has seen the least changed over it's existence.

Edited by Shao.7236
  • Confused 4