NECRO GREATSWORD NEEDS OVERHAUL

Sinister.5792

Hi

with the upcoming new weapons, I think it is time to tweak necro weapon skills. The greatsword is so useless.. the casting time is horrendous, these skills should be instant activation... 

GS 2 is like the most clunky skill ever followed by GS 3 and GS 4... 

GS 2 should act like heartseeker.. and GS 3 should be atleast a x2 use , GS 4 should be instant with atleast blocking action (if other players have GS Blocks, necros should have it too, it only makes sense) 

GS 5 should be acting more like scorpion wire.. 

Talking about Greatsword in general, time to change greatsword with guardian too... with Greatsword block on one of the skill like how rangers have it.. 

I dont understand why melee skills have a casting time.. it is dumb

Edited by Sinister.5792
  • Like 3
  • Haha 4
  • Confused 26
  • Sad 1

Its a PVE only weapon.

2x autoatacks  + 3x  dmg skills  , all clunky and unreliable.  Considering it didnt get changed during its marrketing prime, or any other balance rework - it wont happen. Imagine, for it to work in todays PVP meta:

#1 faster autoatack,  like perma quickness

#2 range 300 + added  stability , superspeed and blind immunity , to fit the "you cant get away from me" theme

#3 600 range port

#4 only good skill, stays same

#5  keep pretty but useless animation - in reality use spectral grasp skill

And then, even with above "wet dream" buffs - you still cant live 1v2 and need a support babysitter.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 17
  • Sad 1

On 2/19/2024 at 1:14 AM, Sinister.5792 said:

NECRO GREATSWORD NEEDS OVERHAUL

No it doesn't.

I dont understand why melee skills have a casting time.. it is dumb

Ever heard about precast? GS hits more reliable than dagger in the competitive modes and in PvE its speed doesn't matter.

21 hours ago, Flumek.9043 said:

Its a PVE only weapon.

No it isn't.

• Like 9
  • Thanks 2
  • Confused 5

The greatsword is so useless.. the casting time is horrendous, these skills should be instant activation... 

Greatsword is one of the best weapons in the necro's toolkit. Though slow, it does hit hard, it has vulnerability application, chill application, pulsing blind, boon strip and a pull. It's very diverse in its abilities and this is a strength both in PvE and PvP. Gravedigger in PvP is meant to be used in an opening, not whenever. 

Why should it be insta cast? So what's the point of having quickness?

Talking about Greatsword in general, time to change greatsword with guardian too... with Greatsword block on one of the skill like how rangers have it.. 

Right...because guardians lack block in general right? I don't understand these people that want every profession to do the exact same thing, like why bother having professions in the first place then?

• Like 4
  • Confused 4

>comes into the necro forum with a thief icon

>says necro GS 5 should function like scorpion wire

This has to be a troll, right? I don't know what kinda wild stuff got put into your Peppercorn-crusted Sous Vide Steak, but I want whatever you're on. 

Necro GS is not a dueling weapon, and it works great for both PvE and for group fights in WvW. GS 4 has pulsing blind, which is a defensive option of its own. GS 2 feels great even if it's a bit slow. GS 3 is fast and strong. GS 5 is amazing and so much better than the standard projectile pull.

• Like 5
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 2

23 hours ago, KrHome.1920 said:

No it doesn't.

Ever heard about precast? GS hits more reliable than dagger in the competitive modes and in PvE its speed doesn't matter.

No it isn't.

Exactly. Gs isn't a pure pve weapon. In wvw Zerg play it's very good and even in roaming it's useable. You just have to know, how to use it. Imo in roaming it's more of a utility weapon rather than a dmg weapon.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

I think the cooldowns on the 4 and 5 are too long tbh. Anet tends to go too far with many of these zerg balance nerfs.

6 hours ago, CafPow.1542 said:

I would like a dash or something on it tho. Like the 3 could be a leap forward. That would be awesome.

We got Wurm, Speed Relic, and Sword w/ leaps coming down the pipe. Mobility should be good.

• Confused 1

51 minutes ago, SleepyBat.9034 said:

I think the cooldowns on the 4 and 5 are too long tbh. Anet tends to go too far with many of these zerg balance nerfs.

We got Wurm, Speed Relic, and Sword w/ leaps coming down the pipe. Mobility should be good.

I onow what we have already and what we will get. I don’t want sword. I want GS to have mobility.

call me crazy but the emo-fantasy of cutting myself with the sword „mechanic“ doesn’t satisfy me at all. But that’s another topic.

• Confused 2

11 hours ago, Shadowmoon.7986 said:

Only change I would want is for gs3 to behave like stinger in devil may cry. 

I posted it many times before but I would love to see this change too. It would make the greatsword feel much better to play overall and it would be a lot of fun. Not to mention greatsword then might see use in competitive modes too.

The animation already is built exactly for it, just need to add movement component.

Heres the video for reference from devil may cry - stinger skill.

Aside: from this: maybe a tad bit faster auto attacks would help a lot. Also grave digger does too less damage in competitive modes compared to its radius and cast time.

Edited by XECOR.2814
  • Like 6
  • Confused 1

12 hours ago, SleepyBat.9034 said:

The problem is, that this greatly limits build diversity if you basically have to play Wurm, Walk and speed relic on every single build to get mobility that still can't really keep up with the mobility of other classes.

Even swords don't really add much mobility. 450 range leap? - I mean common

And for the second one you have to pay health.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

I agree with Liewec

On 2/19/2024 at 2:18 PM, Liewec.2896 said:

i like the slower skills they make the weapon feel big and powerful, the only problem is that the numbers aren't there to back it up.

It's okay to have a weapon with really slow skills like necro greatsword. But if you make a weapon be really slow and clunky like that, the amount of damage those attacks deal better have some serious power to them. They better hit as hard as the animations would imply, and even in the reaper's post-buff state, they don't really do that. 

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

22 hours ago, GeraldBC.4927 said:

I agree with Liewec

It's okay to have a weapon with really slow skills like necro greatsword. But if you make a weapon be really slow and clunky like that, the amount of damage those attacks deal better have some serious power to them. They better hit as hard as the animations would imply, and even in the reaper's post-buff state, they don't really do that. 

yups, i like the slow attacks but the damage needs to match it (and currently doesn't!)

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

• 4 weeks later...