Inner Nayos Mapcompletion - No Rewards

6 minutes ago, NIGHTHUNTER.5139 said:

did you really planned it like that or was it a bug you couldn't fix in time and then decided to leave it like this?

This is 100% they didn't want to spend the time adding the gift as a reward for people who already have the completion flag. If it was a bug they'd have told us.

• Like 1
  • Confused 3

12 minutes ago, DarcShriek.5829 said:

Anet didn't change any rules, map completion has always worked like this whenever maps are released piecemeal.

Uh... no? Bjora gave you full rewards for the first half and gave you nothing if you mapped it again after the second half was released. They've literally handled this exact situation before with a much better method.

• Like 4
  • Confused 2

1 minute ago, Sarge shot Grif.6450 said:

Uh... no? Bjora gave you full rewards for the first half and gave you nothing if you mapped it again after the second half was released. They've literally handled this exact situation before with a much better method.

Yes the only differance is that bjora is a living story season map hance no gift for legendaries.

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

1 minute ago, Sarge shot Grif.6450 said:

The thing is, the first part of the map gave only mere 8k exp. No other map rewards, unlike p.e. Bjora.

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

17 minutes ago, DarcShriek.5829 said:

Anet didn't change any rules, map completion has always worked like this whenever maps are released piecemeal.

How is it not changing the rules? I have completed the Inner Nayos map, all of it, including what was released today. We can argue over whether or not there is more to come for the map to be truly complete, but given that the Gift of Inner Nayos is now available I would argue the map is done. I have explored every POI, every Vista, every waypoint, and in return I received...nothing. Well, 8k for doing the first half of the map.

For every single other map I have ever completed I received the reward for map completion - until now. That is changing the rules.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 3
  • Confused 3

2 hours ago, Rubi Bayer.8493 said:

If you're looking for the Gift of Inner Nayos, you need to light the lamps that became available with this update. 😉 

Just for clarification:

• is it normal that we're not getting anything for completing the map (but the 8k exp 3 months ago)?
  • the only way to get the gift of inner nayos is to light the lamps? Even with future updates?

Thanks.

• Confused 2

2 hours ago, Rubi Bayer.8493 said:

If you're looking for the Gift of Inner Nayos, you need to light the lamps that became available with this update. 😉 

This isn't how map completion worked for previous maps that were released in pieces! Such as Bjora Marches. You could get the full map completion rewards for only completing the east side when that was the only available side, and then when the west was added you didn't get anything extra if you already 100% completed east. I would have appreciated advance communication that Nayos was not going to work this way - I spent time preparing 18 characters with half map completion, expecting the gift to be available through map completion...

To be clear, I did not expect to receive the gift just for having half map completion. I expected to be able to do both east and west Nayos on the 18 characters to get it, so I prepared east in advance. I know that Nayos has 3 parts, so being able to get the gift for map completing the 1st and 2nd parts together would have been consistent with previous piecewise map releases.

Edited by Shaman.2034
  • Like 3
  • Confused 2

the lantern lighting is intended and is indicated in the item description for the Gift of Inner Nayos.

the final map still has one more expansion to come in the final update, but I would assume that it's a minor area that isn't worth delaying the the legendary armor for.

• Like 2
  • Confused 3

I hate lantern lighting with a passion. Unlike map completion, there's no content guide for unlit lantern locations. It's like going from GPS navigation back to atlas for directions, which is an incredibly annoying step backwards.

EDIT: Fortunately, lantern lighting in IN is not too bad. There are no lanterns locked behind events and it's easy to move around IN.

Edited by BlueJin.4127
  • Like 5
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 2

1 minute ago, Parasite.5389 said:

the lantern lighting is intended and is indicated in the item description for the Gift of Inner Nayos.

the final map still has one more expansion to come in the final update, but I would assume that it's a minor area that isn't worth delaying the the legendary armor for.

Then surely it would not be worth delaying awarding the gift of map completion for completing the map? I am not trying to deny people who prefer lanterns their way of playing, please don't get me wrong, nor did I expect to have done the first part of the map and get full completion reward. I just want my map completion reward for what Anet obviously now deems a complete map, even if a few small bits are missing.

And the item description only appeared today, it was an unknown item until now.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 2

50 minutes ago, Induriel.8135 said:

How is it not changing the rules? I have completed the Inner Nayos map, all of it, including what was released today. We can argue over whether or not there is more to come for the map to be truly complete, but given that the Gift of Inner Nayos is now available I would argue the map is done. I have explored every POI, every Vista, every waypoint, and in return I received...nothing. Well, 8k for doing the first half of the map.

For every single other map I have ever completed I received the reward for map completion - until now. That is changing the rules.

If you completed the map when only the first section of the map, you got the rewards then.  You don't get them a second time.

• Confused 2

3 hours ago, Rubi Bayer.8493 said:

I think I'm a thumbs down on this change as well. Having the lanterns in EoD for repeat "map completion" was a good idea, but I'm not sure why it would be used for a first time completion. It does feel a bit strange.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

1 minute ago, DarcShriek.5829 said:

If you completed the map when only the first section of the map, you got the rewards then.  You don't get them a second time.

So you are saying if I take a brand new character who has never set foot into Inner Nayos in there right now, and she does map completion of both old and new she will get the Gift of Nayos? She has never received a reward for doing the first half, so she should get the reward the second time, right? I can even start her in the new zone so she does not accidentally complete the first half. And that should be the Gift of Inner Nayos, just as she received the Gift of Amnytas for exploring all of Amnytas, and the Gift of Skywatch Archipelago for exploring all of Skywatch, and the Gift of Chak for exploring all of Tangled Depths, right?

I did not expect to receive the Gift for having done half the map, I expected to receive the gift for completing the entire map, and that is not happening right now. And that is changing the rules.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 4
  • Confused 2

Before the update i did the exploration of the first map on 6 different characters to be ready for the armor and finished it tonight, on all of them, with no reward, only to be told i need to do lanterns...
Give us the map gift, it s the bare minimum for the time spent for it.
We didnt  get any message about that to warn us....

• Like 2
  • Thanks 3

8 minutes ago, Induriel.8135 said:

So you are saying if I take a brand new character who has never set foot into Inner Nayos in there right now, and she does map completion of both old and new she will get the Gift of Nayos? She has never received a reward for doing the first half, so she should get the reward the second time, right? I can even start her in the new zone so she does not accidentally complete the first half. And that should be the Gift of Inner Nayos, just as she received the Gift of Amnytas for exploring all of Amnytas, and the Gift of Skywatch Archipelago for exploring all of Skywatch, and the Gift of Chak for exploring all of Tangled Depths, right?

I did not expect to receive the Gift for having done half the map, I expected to receive the gift for completing the entire map, and that is not happening right now. And that is changing the rules.

Nope, nor will you get a gift of southsun cove if you complete that nor will you get a gift of desolation if you complete that.

• Confused 6

1 minute ago, DarcShriek.5829 said:

Nope, nor will you get a gift of southsun cove if you complete that nor will you get a gift of desolation if you complete that.

Neither of which are required for legendary crafting, so your point is? If you can give me an example of a map that gives a map completion item required for legendary crafting where that item is not granted by map exploration first I will concede the rules have not changed. Other than Inner Nayos 🙂

• Like 5
  • Confused 2

4 minutes ago, Induriel.8135 said:

Neither of which are required for legendary crafting, so your point is? If you can give me an example of a map that gives a map completion item required for legendary crafting where that item is not granted by map exploration first I will concede the rules have not changed. Other than Inner Nayos 🙂

*cough* https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Gift_of_the_Desert *cough*

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 7

3 minutes ago, RoseofGilead.8907 said:

You create that how? Oh, yes, by combining the Gifts you get for completing each of the four PoF maps.

You buy them from a vendor; now while one of the requirements is you have to complete the maps first, the gifts themselves aren't part of that Map completion popup, you still need to do Extra steps

Edited by Parasite.5389
  • Like 2
  • Confused 6