is cerus cm possible? [Merged]

13 hours ago, Rubi Bayer.8493 said:

There is a currently a bug that causes Cerus to gain more max health at the end of the 80% split phase, and we're working on getting a fix to you as soon as we can. We'll be increasing Cerus' total health at the same time to preserve encounter balance and will continue keeping an eye on this encounter to see if other adjustments are needed. 

Please dont increase his health yet. More health doesnt mean a more challenging/fun encounter
Fix the bug, see how it performs, and then adjust the health after if needed 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

12 minutes ago, Aja.3907 said:

Please dont increase his health yet. More health doesnt mean a more challenging/fun encounter
Fix the bug, see how it performs, and then adjust the health after if needed 

fixing the bug reduces the health, they are increasing it so it is somewhere between the intended max health and the bugged increase. I assume they are doing this cuz it would get killed easily otherwise. After someone gets worlds first I imagine they will nerf it again. 

• Thanks 1

13 hours ago, ZEUStiger.3590 said:

I hope you won't balance it around everyone playing virtuosos. Because that seems to be what every strike since EoD has been designed around. The melee hate is insane.

Nothing is forcing people to play virtuoso, other than people themselves. I never get out dps's by any virtuoso on any of the strike CM's at the end of the fight. And i play berserker pretty much everywhere in the game. Anet has no control over what the community will force the community to do

• Confused 9

14 minutes ago, Famine.9780 said:

Nothing is forcing people to play virtuoso, other than people themselves. I never get out dps's by any virtuoso on any of the strike CM's at the end of the fight. And i play berserker pretty much everywhere in the game. Anet has no control over what the community will force the community to do

Just because you're playing with people who can't press buttons doesn't mean that virtuoso isn't op. It has a higher benchmark than berserker on every cm except HT. On some fights the difference is as high as 5k DPS. The average virtuoso deals much more damage than the average berserker. Telling people that they can play anything in content that has an insanely tight DPS check is just delusional.

• Like 7
  • Thanks 3
  • Confused 1

43 minutes ago, MarkMiniMong.5314 said:

Just because you're playing with people who can't press buttons doesn't mean that virtuoso isn't op. It has a higher benchmark than berserker on every cm except HT. On some fights the difference is as high as 5k DPS. The average virtuoso deals much more damage than the average berserker. Telling people that they can play anything in content that has an insanely tight DPS check is just delusional.

It is also a fight that, due to movement and adds and the lethality of mechanics, condition Virtuoso has the most complete toolset. It is so similar to KO CM how ranged cleave with a personal safety net just makes condi Virtuoso the go to choice. The community wouldn't be playing condition Virtuoso to the extent that it is without it offering a plethora of advantages.

• Like 2

The fact this HP bug didn't get an immediate hotfix (let the boss reset to the same total HP it had before phasing) and will instead be "looked at" with a concern for "encounter balance" is actually a bit strange. Is this actually a bug or was it a deliberate design decision like Xera? Even someone with access to only wingman statistics could come up with a reasonable health pool ceiling for a 10-minute, 10-person encounter, let alone the people with access to literally all of the data 😞 

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

answering to the thread title: I doubt

And it is also one of the most boring bosses atm. Reminds me Kanaxai, but 10 ppl ver. I am literally falling asleep on it.

At least it is fun watching how teapot trying to keep an interested face expression on his stream, because he told he'd like to see more Kanaxai-like bosses in the game, so here it is, enjoy your gameplay

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

22 hours ago, Grimjack.8130 said:

any chance we can get a heads up before the patch that fixes it as to try to keep the spirit of the worlds first race alive so each group attempting can try be there at the time of the patch 🙂

They didn't even bother 😌

Edited by cat.8975
  • Like 2
  • Confused 1

On 2/27/2024 at 2:30 PM, Parasite.5389 said:

who would have thought the challenge mode would be challenging

Right? Where are all those people crying about power creep? I told them there's no such thing as doing too much but they just don't listen.

Remember folks, the golden rule is this: your damage is NEVER high enough.

• Confused 5

11 minutes ago, Zera.9435 said:

Remember folks, the golden rule is this: your damage is NEVER high enough.

Given that Anet was aiming for the difficulty of KO CM, this is kinda ridiculous. The DPS Check is tighter than HT CM. Even the Snow Crows progression - you know, the people who DO THE BENCHMARKS - doesn't have enough DPS. How are the devs expecing a large chunk of the raid/strike CM players to clear this?

This will never be puggable either. Unlike KO CM, which they have been comparing their difficulty goals to.

1 minute ago, ZenDrake.8316 said:

Given that Anet was aiming for the difficulty of KO CM, this is kinda ridiculous. The DPS Check is tighter than HT CM. Even the Snow Crows progression - you know, the people who DO THE BENCHMARKS - doesn't have enough DPS. How are the devs expecing a large chunk of the raid/strike CM players to clear this?

This will never be puggable either. Unlike KO CM, which they have been comparing their difficulty goals to.

Good! That means we need buffs!

• Confused 2
  • Sad 1

Just now, ZenDrake.8316 said:

POWER CREEP! POWER CREEP! We need more POWER CREEP!

Hell yeah! I'd love to do more damage. This new challenge is just what the players were asking for. I say leave the difficulty as is, and let ANET figure out how to balance player damage output to meet the requirement.

• Confused 2

1 minute ago, Zera.9435 said:

I say leave the difficulty as is, and let ANET figure out how to balance player damage output to meet the requirement.

Just buff every build to 50-60k already and finally trivialize everything else (everything released before EoD, and partly EoD strikes too) in the process. Anet balancing philosophy, probably?

Just buff every build to 50-60k already and finally trivialize everything else (everything released before EoD, and partly EoD strikes too) in the process. Anet balancing philosophy, probably?

No, that's MY philosophy. ANET will end up nerfing the content and then you guys can go back to complaining about how it's all too easy.

5 minutes ago, Zera.9435 said:

No, that's MY philosophy. ANET will end up nerfing the content and then you guys can go back to complaining about how it's all too easy.

I still hope you are being satirical. Whether you nerf the encounter of buff the DPS makes no difference for that encounter, but makes a MASSIVE difference for the rest of the game (in a bad way, power creep is always bad).

Edited by ZenDrake.8316
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, Zera.9435 said:

Funny thing is with your philosophy  we get the same outcome about everything being to easy.

• Like 2

I still hope you are being satirical. Whether you nerf the encounter of buff the DPS makes no difference for that encounter, but makes a MASSIVE difference for the rest of the game.

Explain to me how nerfing the encounter makes no difference for that encounter?

1 minute ago, Zera.9435 said:

Explain to me how nerfing the encounter makes no difference for that encounter?

When the difficulty comes from the DPS check, it doesn't matter whether you nerf the HP (requiring people to do less DPS) or buff the DPS. The result is the same -> You remove more % per second.

When the difficulty comes from the DPS check, it doesn't matter whether you nerf the HP (requiring people to do less DPS) or buff the DPS. The result is the same -> You remove more % per second.

Ah yes, I see what you meant. Thanks for clarifying.