Is Jurisdiction (Pistol 5) Bugged?

Azoqu.8917

Came here looking for the same thing. After it fires at level 3, the skill simply goes into cooldown with no option to detonate. I'm only able to apply the 2 stacks of pass-through burning, unless it is fired from max range and happens to explode close enough.

Seems so. No activation. So far I've only been able to use it at full charge if I am at the proper distance for when the projectile explodes on it's own which is 900 units. I hope they add some separation lines too on the charge bar to show which level it's at. It's awkward having to look at the animation and counting what it's at while simultaneously paying attention to the enemies. Especially considering it happens quickly. 

I hope its bugged otherwise its useless skill, you cant use it in melle range for cc bcs it just fly thru everything and explodes million miles behind target.  #4 could use some reduced refresh on use since now you have to fill gap with auto-attacks.

just remove charging up on #5 .. no1 gonna use it earlier for 2 burning stacks and add some boonstrip finally #2/#5 would be ideal.

but overall fb become extremely spamy class for no reason. now you have to 4x press buttons on torch, 3x mantra,2x pistol + tomes ofc... one must wonder if just removing all ammo charges and just making skills 2x more powerful wouldn't be better solution.

in comparison  to qherald which press literally 4 buttons and can go afk, qfb needs 4 buttons presses to provide boons for 5 sec with 100% bd. (qherald 0% naturally)

I'm quite positive Pistol 5 is not working as intended.   Charge  lvl 1 and 2 will detonate on target hit, that's fine.  However, the charge lvl 3's description states that detonation on skill reactivation.  This suggests the skill, after the ball is fired, will have been swaped to a detonation icon so we could detonate at any point during the ball's travel path. As it is right now, there is no such detonation skill, and the ball simply travels full distance and explodes..   They totally forgot to put that to the game, period.  The workaround for  this  is  a) you simply be content with lvl 2 (release just before the charging bar fill up,  OR b) move yourself to a distance of a little over 600 so that the target is caught within the 240 radius blast.

Yes, this happens because Anet ignored 5 pages of pistol feedbacks from beta.  Please fix or rework asap.

The skill also suffers a wide range of shortcomings.  The knowback is disruptive and counter productive.  Knockown would have been better.  Combat , especially in pvp is quite fast, no one has the time to keep track of all the craziness going on while keeping an eye on charging bar and reactivation etc... So stop it with the overly convoluted stuff. . Currently it is a significant DPS loss regardless of what level, and there is no incentive to use, even to break defiance bar as it simply misses

Aight,  also whiteknights, show us what you got.

Edited by quaniesan.8497

The full charge doesn't even seem to follow a target, just fires off in w/e direction my toon is facing? Only solution I have found in stay in melee, point camera straight down and projectile will explode at your -- and enemy's -- feet. Even that doesn't seem a hundred percent reliable, sometimes just fires off in the distance anyway . . .

I can also confirm this, I was trying the pistols today and noticed that something was wrong with Jurisdiction, I was holding charge to the max and there is no detonated option for level 3 and also sometimes the skill just seems to miss targets when using it.

I agree it is super clunky, how the hell did this pass the beta at all?

The worst thing about 5 for me is input lag

When I try to hit it at before the bar filled up for level 2, it will have half a second delay and it will become a level 3 

And the visual indicator is absolutely terrible for and group contact with all the visual effects on screen (and people with bad eyesight like me). I have to be hyperfocus on its bar just to barely use it.

• Thanks 1

Glad it's not just me being too dumb to know how to use the thing...I don't think I effectively got the CC to work more than once yesterday in a couple hours and the orb just kept floating off in whatever direction I was facing and not at all at my target..

5 hours ago, Gaiawolf.8261 said:

LOL It didn't! Check the beta feedback thread. 

Anet just decided to ignore it for some reason. 

To be fair, I think the bug being described here wasn't present in the beta.

The mechanics just being terrible even when they were acting as intended, now...

Still bugged, albeit in a different way.  Seemingly at random, the ball just wont explode at detonation and disappear without exploding and  thus the detonation option still persists long after the ball is gone (as if the game still thinks the ball still traveling). Sometimes, you dont get the detonation button at all.  I'm currently unable to pinpoint the specific condition for each occurrences, or reliably reproduces the bug.  Probably has alot to do with screwy collision check and pathing of object.

Anet tries to make things "interesting" with these overly convoluted interactions. The concept has nice ring to it but that takes away your attention from combat and it's disruptive.   Is it THAT difficult to make the darn thing just explode on hit at all phases? and make it a knockdown, I got complaints from random people for ruining their pull by accident.  Scattering mobs everywhere isnt a productive thing in a game like GW2. Anet, PLEASE!  simple change that simplifies things and  makes life easier for both of us.

Edited by quaniesan.8497

On 3/2/2024 at 2:57 AM, quaniesan.8497 said:

Still bugged, albeit in a different way.  Seemingly at random, the ball just wont explode at detonation and disappear without exploding and  thus the detonation option still persists long after the ball is gone (as if the game still thinks the ball still traveling). Sometimes, you dont get the detonation button at all.  I'm currently unable to pinpoint the specific condition for each occurrences, or reliably reproduces the bug.  Probably has alot to do with screwy collision check and pathing of object.

Anet tries to make things "interesting" with these overly convoluted interactions. The concept has nice ring to it but that takes away your attention from combat and it's disruptive.   Is it THAT difficult to make the darn thing just explode on hit at all phases? and make it a knockdown, I got complaints from random people for ruining their pull by accident.  Scattering mobs everywhere isnt a productive thing in a game like GW2. Anet, PLEASE!  simple change that simplifies things and  makes life easier for both of us.

They should just make it work like the fear on necro sword 5... They can still do the charge level thing if they want but just make it go directly to your target and explode on impact and hit everything in the radius.

Edited by Stelly.8490
Mistyped word