Rampart Splitter is overnerfed

Lonecap.4105

Rampart Splitter now does less damage than Path to Victory. It does less damage than an auto attack. Please give some juice back to this one skill, I literally can’t put a dent in anything even with full glass modifiers. The heal on the skill is so small, it doesn’t justify the awful damage.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2
  • Confused 1

Staff with sufficient damage would be almost a perfect weapon for Warrior. Mobility, block, pull. I literally just needs a decent damage filler and a conditional spike (for example, have the F1 deal extremely heavy damage to CCd foes, have the 3 deal a respectable amount of damage). Then fill in some damage in the auto. That’s just one way to do it. The foundational model of staff is phenomenal, it’s just a numbers issue imo.

Granted, as a support weapon I hear it’s doing quite well. So if that’s the case their design imperative was achieved, I don’t know anything about support. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, ProverbsofHell.2307 said:

Rampart Splitter now does less damage than Path to Victory. It does less damage than an auto attack. Please give some juice back to this one skill, I literally can’t put a dent in anything even with full glass modifiers. The heal on the skill is so small, it doesn’t justify the awful damage.

Yup I brought this up here...

• Like 3

2 hours ago, oscuro.9720 said:

Staff with sufficient damage would be almost a perfect weapon for Warrior. Mobility, block, pull. I literally just needs a decent damage filler and a conditional spike (for example, have the F1 deal extremely heavy damage to CCd foes, have the 3 deal a respectable amount of damage). Then fill in some damage in the auto. That’s just one way to do it. The foundational model of staff is phenomenal, it’s just a numbers issue imo.

Granted, as a support weapon I hear it’s doing quite well. So if that’s the case their design imperative was achieved, I don’t know anything about support. 

I agree with most your statement but making staff/polearm mostly about support is where I see it as a grave error.  It can have decent enough support to give sustain to self and allies and still do good damage - like the Hammer gives good CC and still does good (not great) damage...

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Crimthan.9308 said:

I agree with most your statement but making staff/polearm mostly about support is where I see it as a grave error.  It can have decent enough support to give sustain to self and allies and still do good damage - like the Hammer gives good CC and still does good (not great) damage...

Oh I agree fully, I was only saying if they only want it as a support weapon, I hear it does that well. Literally adding enough power to be a weapon that gets swapped to in a rotation/has its own spike, it would be really good.

Right now it’s a dead spot in any sort of damage output in competitive. It doesn’t have sustained, you can’t set something up in your other weapon set because it won’t do anything, and if you can’t swap your setup will do nothing.

My thought is to have the healing and support heavily scaled to boon duration, then make a lot of the damage on staff conditional (target has to be CCd, etc.) that way it can function with both power or support.

Either way, the actual play style of the kit on a power build is wonderful. It’s fun, feels unique to Warrior yet distinctly Warrior. They really nailed that part I couldn’t be happier with the kit in terms of how it feels. Except for the smol pp numbers

hahaha, i dont even know why people wanted 3 to be changed.

not it's kitten as gap closer, because you need to group target it and it's not a teleport, so it's clunky and slower too with higher cast time

and now it does no damage.

staff didn't do any damage to begin with, now it does 0 damage.

there's really nothing playable and fun anymore for warrior outside of condi berserker.

it's the first time i say this, but they killed the entire spec.

and staff is yet another completely one dimension boring weapon warrior gets. while other classes support weapons can be mixed into other builds

Edited by Lighter.5631
  • Like 1

On 2/29/2024 at 5:02 PM, SleepyBat.9034 said:

Right, very disappointed they nerfed it so much. I was looking forward to having a melee two-hander with a block.

Should have played ranger with greatsword, god that hurts to say out loud to myself.

16 hours ago, Aaron.1294 said:

@Lighter.5631 it's a support weapon... what did you expect

Yeah but one could argue that it is warrior weapon so it makes sense to be more offensive and especially on Berserker which is purely offensive elite spec.

To add to the topic:
This is another case where devs clearly have no idea what they are doing. There was no reason to nerf the skill that hard. It would only make sense if they nerfed modifier from 1.5 to 1.0, but 0.5 clearly indicates something.

Edited by cryorion.9532
  • Thanks 1

16 hours ago, Aaron.1294 said:

@Lighter.5631 it's a support weapon... what did you expect

My burst does 900 damage on crit on light armors with protection, while I'm using assassins/berserker. 

No other class is balanced this maliciously.  

But to answer your question.... 3k? 4? 

This is another case where devs clearly have no idea what they are doing. 

No, they know. The balancing direction for berserker has been constantly skewed toward making sure it can't hit anything too often for too much. This is a deliberate design decision. 

Edited by Azure The Heartless.3261
  • Like 1

Yes, it's a support weapon...

But there was room to make it similar to rev staff. Support if you have support statistics. With damage stats, provides a bit of sustain and utility with damage that, while lower than the more offensive sets, is still repectable.

• Like 4
  • Confused 1

4 hours ago, draxynnic.3719 said:

But there was room to make it similar to rev staff.

It's got higher autos, valiant leap is higher than mender's rebuke, and about a billion times more healing on the weapon than rev staff.
Rev staff is garbage and has been for a long time lol, it doesn't even do a very good job of stalling for CDs anymore, its entire purpose.

Anyways who could have seen it coming that everyone would want the support weapons to be properly powercreeped for dps too.
It being relatively low dps and an offensive support weapon via unblockable stacks or ally cleansing/resistance or whatever else would be fine.

1 hour ago, Azure The Heartless.3261 said:

Rampart splitter is bugged, there's no reason for it to be doing 1/4th the damage of path to victory. The coefficients and base damage are the same.

Rampart Splitter: Reduced the power coefficient from 1.25 to 0.5 in PvP and WvW.

does it tho

• Like 2

On 2/29/2024 at 3:00 PM, SleepyBat.9034 said:

Does anyone know if Anet also reduced the damage on Path to Victory as well as Rampart Splitter?

No the damage on "Path to Victory" hasn't been reduced (hopefully "not now, not ever").